Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:14 am
Per wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:09 am
micky107 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:29 am
SKYO wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:17 am Puljujarvi just signed a 1 year contract in Finland!
Jesse Puljujärvi has signed a one year deal with his old club Kärpät Oulu of the Finnish League. Includes option to go play in the NHL by December 1st.
So the door is left open a crack, mm? Interesting.
Yeah, he wants to play in the NHL; he just wants to get away from the Oilers, and from what I've read that probably makes sense.
Can we swing a trade for him? Or how long does it take until he becomes a free agent?
With all the middle 6 forwards we got currently I don’t think he’s a fit.
Unless they are taking Erickson back! :D :D

Besides, they need a lucic replacemen, right?? Between Neal and Erickson, they have a servicable 2nd/3rd line winger for ONLY 12 million!!

... add bonus:
Gives the fan base a second whipping boy (nesisary in oil town!) especially since they got rid of Toby Reader!!

Can't ever have enough excuses!!

(How's that for a sales pitch???) :D :D
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blobbee still takes Puljujarvi over Juolevi, why you ask? Just Because. The Narrative?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:44 am Blobbee still takes Puljujarvi over Juolevi, why you ask? Just Because. The Narrative?
Not sure who I would take. They’ve both stunk to this point. We know who I’d take ahead of both of them :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Listening to the jason gregor show out of coilerville yesterday and the blame is being placed on the organization for once again rushing kids into the lineup before theyre ready. They note how they didnt do this for draisaitl and it helped him blossom into the 100 point guy he is today.

Its suprising how negatively it affects these prospects. I wonder why...Virtanen and that other guy say hello.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Carolina Hurricanes

Cam Ward has signed a one-day contract and will officially retire as a Carolina Hurricane!
7:00 AM - Aug 28, 2019
Classy.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:17 am Listening to the jason gregor show out of coilerville yesterday and the blame is being placed on the organization for once again rushing kids into the lineup before theyre ready. They note how they didnt do this for draisaitl and it helped him blossom into the 100 point guy he is today.

Its suprising how negatively it affects these prospects. I wonder why...Virtanen and that other guy say hello.
There might be something to that;
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:17 am Listening to the jason gregor show out of coilerville yesterday and the blame is being placed on the organization for once again rushing kids into the lineup before theyre ready. They note how they didnt do this for draisaitl and it helped him blossom into the 100 point guy he is today.

I blame the NHL/CHL agreement that sends the kids down to the CHL instead of them being allowed into the AHL. It protects the CHL, but you either force a kid in early, or let him rot in the CHL when he should be moving up. *cough* WOO *cough*
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

@SportsnetPR
You have been with us since day one – thanks for 20 great years
@RealKyper

Analyst Nick Kypreos will not be returning to Sportsnet for the 2019-20 season, the former NHLer announced in a statement on Twitter Wednesday.
After much consideration, Sportsnet and I have decided to part ways. I am proud to have been part of our growth since we launched in October of 1998 and thankful they took a chance on me so long ago. I am truly grateful to have had twenty-one years of a post playing career. From covering Sid’s golden goal in Vancouver to a Saturday night seat on Hockey Night in Canada; I could not have asked for more.
Most of all, I would like to offer a sincere thank you to the hockey fans. Simply put, hockey is nothing without you. I’ve felt your passion since day one.
My family and I are excited for the projects and adventures that will occupy the next phase of our lives. Until we meet again…Kyper.
Kypreos joined Sportsnet in 1998, and has featured as an analyst and insider on NHL broadcasts for more than 20 years, including Hockey Night in Canada and Hockey Central. Kypreos also co-hosted Hockey Central at Noon on Sportsnet 590 The FAN.

Sportsnet released the following statement after the announcement:https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl ... -21-years/
A Toronto native, Kypreos played eight seasons in the NHL, capturing a Stanley Cup.
7:49 AM · Aug 28, 2019
"evolution"
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

micky107 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:32 am ...Sportsnet and I have decided to part ways.
Hmmmm... what does that really mean? It reminds me a little of when Don Taylor 'moved on' from TV.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Puck wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:54 am
micky107 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:32 am ...Sportsnet and I have decided to part ways.
Hmmmm... what does that really mean? It reminds me a little of when Don Taylor 'moved on' from TV.
It isn't over. Somethings going on, just in;

Doug Maclean
@DougMaclean
52m
After covering the greatest game in the world for the past 10 years I won’t be returning to Sportsnet . Thanks to all hockey fans for your great support . To my colleagues, especially
@RealKyper
thanks for the help and friendships. #pei#florida#golf#boo
https://torontosportsmedia.com/2019/06/ ... e-layoffs/

Some I guess, are leaving "Their Way" :lol: Though I now Cherry will be back.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

TSN; Islanders re-sign RFA Beauvillier
https://www.tsn.ca/new-york-islanders-r ... -1.1357109
I don't see how much? A tiny bit younger than Goldobin but very similar.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Well, perhaps Kipper and Armstrong are headed to TSN or NBC...

Or Armstrong got another GM job as Dumbass is getting canned...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:55 pm Well, perhaps Kipper and Armstrong are headed to TSN or NBC...

Or Armstrong got another GM job as Dumbass is getting canned...
+1 lol, thoughts Tuna?
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

steve simmons
@simmonssteve
Another Rogers casualty. My old friend John Shannon.
1:11 PM · Aug 28, 201
What's it gonna be? Young 20 somethings? Men, Women? tweeners? Maybe bots, just bots.
OR; Carly Agro get's promoted to super-boss and does the hiring.

Seriously, Sportsnet is changing. Not getting a totally clear process yet but not sure watching games is going to remain as easy as it has.
They do still have time left on a contract that must be honored.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sportsnet; Sabres’ Hunwick expected to miss 2019-20 season due to neck condition
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sab ... condition/
"evolution"