Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BladesofSteel
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by BladesofSteel »

It was known at the time of the trade b/w Philly and LA that Vinnie was to retire at season's end.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BladesofSteel wrote:It was known at the time of the trade b/w Philly and LA that Vinnie was to retire at season's end.
I was really hoping he'd have a change of heart and decide he was rejuvenated in Hollywood and wanted to keep playing...
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hawks kicking the tires on Malkin. How in gawd's name they could fit him in I dunno.

Shaw wants to stay and willing to take less to stay. Apparently he makes a ton in endorsements in the Windy City.

Hawks gently trying to gage if Hossa open to a move.

Crawford not yet asked for a list of teams but impression is he will be by the draft.

Calgary kicking the tires on Crawford but won't offer up market for him. Playing the cap squeeze game I guess.

Edmonton doing a Benning impression and scouring the market for a top four RHS on D. Guess what? They are finding the asking price way too high. Makes the Gudbranson trade look better everyday.

leaves shopping Bernier. No surprise.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote:Hawks kicking the tires on Malkin. How in gawd's name they could fit him in I dunno.

Shaw wants to stay and willing to take less to stay. Apparently he makes a ton in endorsements in the Windy City.

Crawford not yet asked for a list of teams but impression is he will be by the draft.

Calgary kicking the tires on Crawford but won't offer up market for him. Playing the cap squeeze game I guess.

Edmonton doing a Benning impression and scouring the market for a top four RHS on D. Guess what? They are finding the asking price way too high. Makes the Gudbranson trade look better everyday.

I know this would be hard to believe but I have a feeling the Hawks brass want to find a way to move forward without Kane. I don't think they trust that he can keep his nose clean. Just a hunch...
"evolution"
Rocky Dennis
CC Veteran

Post by Rocky Dennis »

micky107 wrote:I know this would be hard to believe but I have a feeling the Hawks brass want to find a way to move forward without Kane. I don't think they trust that he can keep his nose clean. Just a hunch...
I don't find it hard to believe at all. As good of a hockey player as this guy is, on at least a few occasions now has come across as an equally bad a human being (edit: allegedly). Coincidentally or not, they were chatting on 1040 earlier today about how the Hawks asked him to spend the off-season in Chicago in hopes of diminishing the chances of him getting in trouble - which he seems to find in spades - at home in Buffalo. I think if they can replace an equal amount of skill they would wash their hands of him and let him be someone else's problem (hell, they've already cashed in three cups with him). So perhaps there's some smoke to HW's Malkin rumour.

<EDIT> Here's a link: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhous ... 71531.html
Rocky Dennis
CC Veteran

Post by Rocky Dennis »

“It’s been a lot of fun watching LeBron (James) do what he did in the Finals, and you can kind of take motivation from that, too – how hard he’s worked and what he’s done for his career,” Kane said. “He’s a player too, that has had a lot of critics and a lot of people that maybe you could call haters or whatever, and he’s silenced them.

It really seems like he does not have a clue.
Winning ten cups would not change my opinion of this guy.

Source: Blackhawks Star Patrick Kane to Stay in Chicago This Offseason | NBC Chicago http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhous ... z4CGJvXXtx
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rocky Dennis wrote:“It’s been a lot of fun watching LeBron (James) do what he did in the Finals, and you can kind of take motivation from that, too – how hard he’s worked and what he’s done for his career,” Kane said. “He’s a player too, that has had a lot of critics and a lot of people that maybe you could call haters or whatever, and he’s silenced them.

Source: Blackhawks Star Patrick Kane to Stay in Chicago This Offseason | NBC Chicago http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhous ... z4CGJvXXtx
Well apparently Kane hasn't silenced you! :D

I've always hated the little bleepedly bleep, can't see that ever changing....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Lucic met with Lombardi today. The result:

"Pierre LeBrun reports that "Kings GM Dean Lombardi confirms via text message that Lucic is headed to market."
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Alex Goligoski signs five-year, ~27.5 million contract with the Arizona Coyotes.
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by vic »

Hockey Widow wrote:Lucic met with Lombardi today. The result:

"Pierre LeBrun reports that "Kings GM Dean Lombardi confirms via text message that Lucic is headed to market."
Heard McGuire say on 1040 over lunch that Lombardi has already given all other 29 teams the green light to start negotiations with Lucic.

If true, what does this mean? Will the NHL allow negotiations prior to July 1? Has Lombardi effectively waived any accusations of tampering?
isle_nuck
AHL Prospect

Post by isle_nuck »

vic wrote:

Heard McGuire say on 1040 over lunch that Lombardi has already given all other 29 teams the green light to start negotiations with Lucic.

If true, what does this mean? Will the NHL allow negotiations prior to July 1? Has Lombardi effectively waived any accusations of tampering?
I'd assume that there's probably an agreement that if anything gets sorted out before July 1, the "winning" team would send a late round pick to LA for the negotiation rights and immediately sign/announce the deal.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

vic wrote:

GMs can grant permission any time they want for free agents. I also agree it's an attempt to get assets back. When Lombardi gets pissed he gets pissed. Luci would not fall on the sword as much as Lombardi asked him to.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

From Jason Lewis, Hockey Buzz

"Short term, the implications are difficult as the Kings have to stare down the barrel of yet another failed rental strategy. This comes on the back of the Sekera, Versteeg, and Lecavalier Schenn deals which parted the Kings with decent assets for very little in return."

My smile for the day. Of course they have two cups......
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by damonberryman »

micky107 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Hawks kicking the tires on Malkin. How in gawd's name they could fit him in I dunno.

I know this would be hard to believe but I have a feeling the Hawks brass want to find a way to move forward without Kane. I don't think they trust that he can keep his nose clean. Just a hunch...
This is a good observation. I agree the Hawks must have some concern about the talented douche bag. Would it not be wild if they bought him out? Fantasy I know but they would never get fair value for him in a trade. He carries baggage as well as a mean temper to cab drivers and a sneering disregard for women. I wish I had been his cab driver.
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by damonberryman »

Rocky Dennis wrote:“It’s been a lot of fun watching LeBron (James) do what he did in the Finals, and you can kind of take motivation from that, too – how hard he’s worked and what he’s done for his career,” Kane said. “He’s a player too, that has had a lot of critics and a lot of people that maybe you could call haters or whatever, and he’s silenced them.

Another good post