The Rebuild...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Rebuild...

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Strangelove wrote:I've been talking about logic and perspective from the get-go in this conversation.
It would seem the net effect of this conversation has been the discovery that your definition of a "logical" move by a GM is "one for which a passionate apologist could articulate a reason". That is a standard that any move by any GM could meet, so in that case, you have done nothing to distinguish Benning's alleged genius from Milbury's folly.
Ahhh but this conversation was never about yours truly attempting to prove Benning's genius!

This conversation was about you trying to prove he's not a genius.

You failed miserably and now you are "demanding negative proof" (classic denial).

First you ignore my parenthetical qualifiers (in an effort to misrepresent me) and now this. :scowl:

You sir... are a cad!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol Ronnings Gangsta has been threatened with getting the boot.
No one has threatened Ronning's Ghost with the boot in any way, shape, or form.

I think you know this and are just yanking chains as per usual.

However, as a moderator I am forced to set the record straight.

If anything, RG is rather high on my "Don't Ever Ban List". (even if he is a cad) :wink:

Now kindly go fuck yourself with a pointy stick Mr Mckenzie...

EDIT: Actually, forget "kindly"... go ruthlessly fuck yourself with a pointy stick! :twisted:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

This site has been givin 'er hard the past little bit. ;) Considering the state of the union I'd say we're not doing too bad at all

Stirring up the shit has been glorious...lets keep up the polarizing opinions shall we!
If you need air...call it in
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Strangelove wrote:I've been talking about logic and perspective from the get-go in this conversation.
It would seem the net effect of this conversation has been the discovery that your definition of a "logical" move by a GM is "one for which a passionate apologist could articulate a reason". That is a standard that any move by any GM could meet, so in that case, you have done nothing to distinguish Benning's alleged genius from Milbury's folly.
Ahhh but this conversation was never about yours truly attempting to prove Benning's genius!

You're the one who made the original assertion, so I would say that means you're the one who is trying to prove something. You act as though Benning's genius is a given until disproven.

I would say that at this date I lack the evidence to prove Benning is not a genius.(1) That evidence will arrive -- or not -- in 1-2 hockey seasons. On that much, we agree. As a corollary, I don't think you have the evidence to prove that Benning is a genius, either, which is why I (and apparently, some others) find it so strange that you continually assert that he is. On the other hand, "strange" is part of your board identity.

(1) At professional hockey management. I don't think anyone on this board really cares if he's great at mathematics, chess, crossword puzzles, poetry, or the like.
Strangelove wrote:You sir... are a cad!
And, it is widely held, a ruffian.
In the Strangelove rankings, is that better or worse than being an asshole?
Strangelove wrote:If anything, RG is rather high on my "Don't Ever Ban List". (even if he is a cad)
Ooooh, a "get out of being banned free" card. Kind of a waste, since I don't have any inclination to do anything that would normally get someone banned. Can i trade it with another poster ?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote: Nice analogy except for the fact Homey J is the one who pounds the Duff and Ned sips his own koolaid! :lol:

BTW I don't think anyone else is going to drink your koolaid Ned, yeahno you're not clairvoyant bro...
*LOL* You can't handle the Duff pal. Hate to break it to ya Homer J, but your idol JB definitely looks like a Kool-Aid kind of guy, you take whatever he gives you. Also, you are the King of the Kool-Aid Krew around these parts, you can't change now. :lol:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Nice analogy except for the fact Homey J is the one who pounds the Duff and Ned sips his own koolaid! :lol:

BTW I don't think anyone else is going to drink your koolaid Ned, yeahno you're not clairvoyant bro...
*LOL* You can't handle the Duff pal. Hate to break it to ya Homer J, but your idol JB definitely looks like a Kool-Aid kind of guy, you take whatever he gives you.

Also, you are the King of the Kool-Aid Krew around these parts, you can't change now. :lol:
Are you also the type that hopes for doom and gloom? or do you got some hope in that horrendous beard you used to have in that old avi you used to have.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

RoyalDude wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:The man should be lynched right in front of the University of Victoria for the absolute atrocious mess he made of this once storied franchise.
Storied franchise? :lol: We are all die hard fans here but I think it's more than wishful thinking to describe the Canucks in such terms especially in the pre-Gillis era. DISCLAIMER I'm not passing judgment on him as a GM, just merely pointing out that the Canucks greatest run of success came after 2008.

I know there isn't much to talk about but how are you guys still harping on this Benning, Gillis hate? Reading Strangelove try to justify the Linden Vey trade is comical. It was a swing and a miss by Benning. Doesn't mean he is a shitty GM. It's just one bad trade, not a disastrous one, just a bad one. Seriously, just let it go! :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

rockalt wrote: the Canucks greatest run of success came after 2008.
Lol!
Dontcha know its all because the cheeseburgler was so awesome and had nothing to do with MG? Ha!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The core of the 2011 cup run team

Burke - Drafted The Sedins
Burke - Drafted Kesler
Burke - Drafted Bieksa
Burke - traded Schaefer for Salo
Burke/Chevaldayoff - signed Burrows
Nonis - traded Bertuzzi Auld Allen for Luongo
Nonis - drafted Schneider (hello Horvat)
Nonis - drafted Hansen
Nonis - drafted Raymond
Nonis - drafted Edler
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:The core of the 2011 cup run team

Burke - Drafted Kesler
Burke - Drafted Bieksa
Nonis - drafted Hansen
Nonis - drafted Raymond
Nonis - drafted Edler
Too bad their on ice product sucked so bad...all they needed was The Architect to channel their inner winner lol
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:

Burke - Drafted Kesler
Burke - Drafted Bieksa
Nonis - drafted Hansen
Nonis - drafted Raymond
Nonis - drafted Edler
Too bad their on ice product sucked so bad...all they needed was The Architect to channel their inner winner lol
Architects are builders/designers. Channelors are Gurus/mentors/therapists. Gillis was a spiritual leader? LOL, that arrogant prick hated everyone except his own kids
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:

Burke - Drafted Kesler
Burke - Drafted Bieksa
Nonis - drafted Hansen
Nonis - drafted Raymond
Nonis - drafted Edler
Architects are builders/designers. Channelors are Gurus/mentors/therapists. Gillis was a spiritual leader? LOL, that arrogant prick hated everyone except his own kids
Somebody had to "draw" everyone together and impliment "The Process" after capt invisible left the building. We all know that IF the tiniest of variable went in our favour (ie-Luongo made a few saves or Hammer not blowing out his shit locker) we would be lamenting The Genius that was Mike Gillis rather than crucifying him for selling the future to win it all.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

*of note...Gillis couldn't draft to save his life which is a huge reason why hes gone and I completely agree he shoud've been gunned when he was.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Ahhh but this conversation was never about yours truly attempting to prove Benning's genius!

You're the one who made the original assertion, so I would say that means you're the one who is trying to prove something. You act as though Benning's genius is a given until disproven.
But all I said was:

EVERY SINGLE MOVE Jimmy has made since He got here seems brilliant in retrospect.
(or at least logical when put in perspective)

You then raised the spectre of the Vey trade as something that does not seem brilliant in retrospect

... and I then proved the Vey trade was indeed logical when put in perspective. :mex:

You accepted the challenge and failed to prove my "original assertion" (brackets and all) to be wrong.

But hey, at least you tried! :thumbs:
Ronning's Ghost wrote: I would say that at this date I lack the evidence to prove Benning is not a genius. That evidence will arrive -- or not -- in 1-2 hockey seasons. On that much, we agree.
Right, we agreed on that long before this conversation ever began.

Why then did you prematurely attempt to prove he's not a genius? :eh:

(why oh why did you not pay heed to my parenthetical qualifier and just let it all slide?)

(hint: the answer to this question reveals a lot about you my friend) :D
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Let me put it this way, you’re not a complete asshole yet, but I’m optimistic. :wink:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Strangelove wrote:If anything, RG is rather high on my "Don't Ever Ban List". (even if he is a cad)
Ooooh, a "get out of being banned free" card. Kind of a waste, since I don't have any inclination to do anything that would normally get someone banned.
This is not a "normal" place. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Let me put it this way, you’re not a complete asshole yet, but I’m optimistic. :wink:
But aren't we all agreed we need more assholes? Or were we not agreed on that?