Post season wrap up.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Post season wrap up.

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Raile wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:31 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:40 pm
Did anyone else like the death stare and salty response Hronek gave to the scumbag Jeff Patterson? That sawed off little shit is going to get his media credentials yanked again if he doesn’t stay in his own lane.
I'm no Patterson fan, but Hronek dug his own grave there.
Agree on Patterson, loved what Hronek gave him. J-Pat grates on my nerves. He’s part of the Botchford gang, number 2 of his gang. Supreme douche bag. Loved it.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:40 pm I wish he was a bit angrier.
This is Chefs main beef with Joshua, he’s a little too Jason Garrison Crescent Beach chill in his flip flops. You hardly notice him for stretches.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:00 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:40 pm I wish he was a bit angrier.
This is Chefs main beef with Joshua, he’s a little too Jason Garrison Crescent Beach chill in his flip flops. You hardly notice him for stretches.
Maybe after he stepped on a pop top. :wink:
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:31 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:40 pm
Topper wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:15 am The fan love for Dakota no different than the usual Van Fan love of the underdog except in this rarest of cases, the subject is over 5"4" tall. Notice how the other fan fave underdog, CoHog, withered and died come playoffs.

Speaking of TO, note their fans are calling on $3mil for Knies while Van Fans are thinking someone may pay that for UFA Dakota. LOL.
Hoglander gets paid peanuts. The KID has lots to learn. Still good bang for the buck like most of the contracts Allvin signs. Dakota will absolutely get 3 million per if h hits the open market. That’s Beagle/Roussel money. He can call himself a culture carrier. I’m ambivalent if he comes back. They do need size and toughness. I wish he was a bit angrier. I want the Russian back first and foremost.

Did anyone else like the death stare and salty response Hronek gave to the scumbag Jeff Patterson? That sawed off little shit is going to get his media credentials yanked again if he doesn’t stay in his own lane.
What did Patterson ask him?
He asked if Hronek was playing through an injury.

Hronek said no.

Patterson AGAIN asked if Hronek was playing through an injury.

Hronek told him to go fuck himself with a red hot poker.

(or words to that effect) :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

olpaddy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:41 am But can someone explain Dakota Joshua and how people are fawning all over him.... I know my good Buddy Doc Strangelove luvs him for the simple fact he was Drafted by THE TORONTO..MAPLE.. LEAF... As Doc is want to do, considering his Love for the TORONTO...MAPLE..LEAF... I like the Player ultimately i think he gets done but he is down the list of guys that need to be signed as far as I am concerned... 8-)
The Great Strangelove cheers ex-Leaves because their success brings pain to Leaves fans.

Canuckdom loves Joshua because Canuckdom loves assholes.

This may be partly why Canuckdom loves the Great Strangelove.

The Great Strangelove loves himself some olpaddy.

Don't be such a stranger you asshole!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

There is a reason Detroit kept him away from the media. I loved his response FWIW
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:33 pm I loved his response FWIW
Ditto.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

I don't get the backing of Hronek's response.

The fans are all wondering "was he injured or does he suck?"

Exactly as the media said, and asked every player that has sucked lately, they gave him a chance to give some context.

Petey was more or less asked the same thing, and while his injury hasn't convinced everyone, what would we be saying about him right now if he'd said he had had no injury and simply couldn't explain why he's sucked lately? Instead of having the whole city against him he now only has half of them..

I don't really like Patterson but everyone was asking that question and his version of it wasn't any more disrespectful. He only asked it a second time because Hronek was immediately hostile. As he said, they left him alone the whole year. Unaccountable the whole year and playoffs.

If I'm the Canucks I don't put Hronek back out to the media because he's a PR nightmare.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Raile wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:51 pm I don't get the backing of Hronek's response.

Exactly as the media said, and asked every player that has sucked lately, they gave him a chance to give some context.

Petey was more or less asked the same thing, and while his injury hasn't convinced everyone, what would we be saying about him right now if he'd said he had had no injury and simply couldn't explain why he's sucked lately? Instead of having the whole city against him he now only has half of them..

I don't really like Patterson but everyone was asking that question and his version of it wasn't any more disrespectful. He only asked it a second time because Hronek was immediately hostile. As he said, they left him alone the whole year. Unaccountable the whole year and playoffs.

If I'm the Canucks I don't put Hronek back out to the media because he's a PR nightmare.
Hronek apparently didn't speak to the Detroit media for 300 days, it's obviously not his thing. The Balderson's would have known this when they acquired him.

Personally, I can live with. He's not the first player we've had here who didn't like and seldom spoke to the media, OEL springs immediately to mind.
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Raile wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:51 pm He only asked it a second time because Hronek was immediately hostile.
He answered the question plainly the first time.

Repeating the question is disrespectful.

(and stupid)

Patterson had it coming and I'm glad he got it.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:16 pm
Raile wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:51 pm He only asked it a second time because Hronek was immediately hostile.
He answered the question plainly the first time.

Repeating the question is disrespectful.

(and stupid)

Patterson had it coming and I'm glad he got it.
Exactly. If you watch the entire session with that group and not just the clip it's Paterson who comes off looking like a jerk.

It was bad enough that Drance of all people came to Hronek's defense today. Another performance like that and ol' J-Pat will get his credentials pulled again.
el rey del mambo
BoS
CC Veteran

Post by BoS »

Patterson seems like he wouldn’t have many peers that think very highly of him.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:01 pm
Raile wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:51 pm I don't get the backing of Hronek's response.

Personally, I can live with. He's not the first player we've had here who didn't like and seldom spoke to the media, OEL springs immediately to mind.
This doesn't make me all of a sudden not want him on our team, I'm just saying he didn't do him self any favours. This board might be on his side but he's taking a kicking on social media. Canucksarmy were joking the other day that this might be the first time ever the fans are siding with the media.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’m seeing a lot more twits n twats on Twitter siding with Hronek than Paterson. I guess we are getting vastly different feeds on Twitter
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Patterson wasting like the media were entitled to some sort of long explanation. He first asked him if he had a reason why his production dropped from the first Hal to the second. Hronek responded, well if he knew the reason he would take steps to correct it. Then the injury shit. Hronek responded no, no injury. But Patterson would not let it go. Come on he said, we left you alone all year dont you think we deserve an explanation. No professional athlete can really answer those questions to the satisfaction of any media member. what is the guy supposed to say? If he knew why his production slipped yes he would work at it to resolve. If he was injured he would have said so.

The questions came across as accusatory and disrespectful. Stupid questions really. Add to that that Hronek is not a medially at all. Detroit protected him. The Canucks protected him all season. They didn't want to put him into a position lie he was put in. Can you imagine him with Brooks??

Perhaps if Hronek had answered with a smile on nice face using his kindest voice everything would be ok.
The only HW the Canucks need