Canucks News N Notes 23-24 Playoff Edition

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 23-24 Playoff Edition

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

@ Weibo Ludwig…..And you were dead wrong about Pettersson being a powerplay merchant. You make some good points, then shit your filthy linen gown.

I don’t like Peter’s skating style either but it’s mostly worked till now. I was a bit of an ankle skater. Look at Matt Tkachuk, not a real pretty stride and lumbers a bit. He gets there though. Or are you still glad we didn’t pick him? JT has good speed and power but he isn’t graceful at all. There’s only so many guys that have the perfect edges, pins and acceleration like McJesus, Nathan, Hughes, Barzal etc.

Peter was a fierce competitor all his career and he hit a rough patch- due to injury perhaps and or contract bullshit. I don’t like the Bambi legs myself but the guy is a good player and his points that come on the PP are right in line with the other top forwards. Weak take.

not sure 🤔 want my best players to be 180 pounds and under.

One thing I do know is the current administration has instilled a bit of juice back in the franchise after a boozer and his cronies damn near killed the team.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:07 pm One thing I do know is the current administration has instilled a bit of juice back in the franchise after a boozer and his cronies damn near killed the team.
:roll:

And you constantly point the finger at the Dude...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I can recall when a pair of Swedish twins in their 20s were said to have "Bambi legs".
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:56 pm Toppers diatribe in EP11.6
I'm more here than on the other side with the player.

The Bambi legs may mate with early Sedin but the stand up and be a man does not.

Imho.
Topper wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:56 pm Log out for a couple of weeks and just try reading the nonsensical drivel posted here. What a cesspool. I spent a couple of weeks posting stats and analysis to stimulate some hockey discussion but fuck all came of it.

Why bother?
Unfortunately I agree with this as well.
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:56 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:07 pm One thing I do know is the current administration has instilled a bit of juice back in the franchise after a boozer and his cronies damn near killed the team.

My Buddy Doyle paints the kettle black often.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:56 pm

And you never do. But you like to wag it at me.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol yes Daniel really stood up to Marchand. Fuck me.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:16 pm Lol yes Daniel really stood up to Marchand. Fuck me.
I meant with the media.....

...fuck me back at ya.
DeLevering since 1999.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:57 pm I can recall when a pair of Swedish twins in their 20s were said to have "Bambi legs".
Did they win a cup?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

donlever wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:18 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:16 pm Lol yes Daniel really stood up to Marchand. Fuck me.
I meant with the media.....

...fuck me back at ya.
Yeah I get it. But anyone who’s played the game at even a house league level knows the stick is the great equalizer. Use it. Marchand punches me in the face my stick will crease his face or he will speared in the junk. Probably my only criticism of the twins.

The piling on with Peter is getting a bit much. Now he’s a liar, or the medical team is incompetent. Tendinitis can he be very debilitating depending j how far things go. We don’t know how swollen his knee was. Topper needs to actually read the PP stats instead of assuming. Compare them across the board to other top 20 forwards in the league. Other than that I thought he had a good post.

Dude scatterguns the place with a pile of frozen shit and is not interested in debating, just burning the place down. 58 going on 11. I get my wrist slapped regularly for referring to previous management but it’s ok to bring up # Benningbuilt constantly. Level playing field would be cool.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

If you got it why answer in such a condescending fashion?

"Lol...yeah Danny stood up to Brad....fuck me."

Why not just say "fuck you're a stupid cunt lever."

A bit much?

I disagree....the player in question lies directly in the deserves to be criticised camp.

You don't agree.

Cool.

I'll elect to agree to disagree and not be a prick in my response though.

Why you're lecturing me about Dude and Topper I have no idea....
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

donlever wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:43 pm If you got it why answer in such a condescending fashion?

"Lol...yeah Danny stood up to Brad....fuck me."

Why not just say "fuck you're a stupid cunt lever."

A bit much?

I disagree....the player in question lies directly in the deserves to be criticised camp.

You don't agree.

Cool.

I'll elect to agree to disagree and not be a prick in my response though.

Why you're lecturing me about Dude and Topper I have no idea....
Apologies if you took that in a condescending way. Not my intention.

I’m not lecturing anyone about Dude and Tooper. Dude is licking his lips at all the garbage he starts and then runs away. Topper’s post was fine. Well thought out and mostly on point. I just think a lot of fans are coiling on a kid that has been pretty damned good since being drafted. The twins broke out in their late 20’s. Peter is light years ahead of where they were at the same time and he has their alien brains to tap into.

The team is finally relevant again. I for one am happy about that, as I’m sure most of us are.

Dude is likely my favorite poster here but he seems incapable of engaging in debate. Are he and Kaplin one and the same? I mean, within a day he has six different posts regarding Lindholm and goes up and down like a whores pants. I may or may not agree with you or Topper or Mëds but you are consistent with your points. All he does is yammer about adjustments. As Topper says it is a cesspool. How not to draw traffic here.

Sorry for bitching about getting my knuckles rapped for reference to previous management. I guess it’s ok for someone else to do it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Petey looked injured to me, he didn’t look the same, his skating was off and he looked weak. He’s an excellent player and will return to form. The tendinitis Chef had lasted months was brutal but I managed to work through it but still brutal so I don’t get why some downplay its effects, especially for an athlete in a game that’s hard on thd bod. I sympathize with Petey.

Topper and Mëds are obsessed with tearing him a new one.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Summer has officially arrived once the infighting over Cheeseburger Nonis, Eyebags Gillis and Elmer Benning begins once again.

This year we are adding scooter McBeanpole to the lineup! Should be entertaining
If you need air...call it in