Post season wrap up.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Post season wrap up.

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:40 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:29 pm Either way, they need to move Mikheyev
Buying him out is not an option so how do they move him?
Maybe JR hired these female AGM’s to go and “convince” other GM’s to discount their asks. :look:

:lol:
Picker of Cherries
CC Veteran

Post by Picker of Cherries »

Liked big Zed but it’d be a mistake to think he will consistently play like he did in the playoffs.
He’s a very good third pairing asshole. But you can’t pay him the 6x6 he is asking.
Dillon from the Jets on a short deal at 3.5m will bring nearly just as much. Or bring Chatfield back to Vancouver.
Zed was playing lights out for a new contract. He scored at an unsustainable pace during the playoffs, fighting for a big payday and should go to market to get overpaid. Good on him. Someone will pay a lot and later they’ll regret it. It shouldn’t be the Canucks.
“Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room.”
- President Merkin Muffley
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Picker of Cherries wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:45 pm Liked big Zed but it’d be a mistake to think he will consistently play like he did in the playoffs.
He’s a very good third pairing asshole. But you can’t pay him the 6x6 he is asking.
Dillon from the Jets on a short deal at 3.5m will bring nearly just as much. Or bring Chatfield back to Vancouver.
Zed was playing lights out for a new contract. He scored at an unsustainable pace during the playoffs, fighting for a big payday and should go to market to get overpaid. Good on him. Someone will pay a lot and later they’ll regret it. It shouldn’t be the Canucks.
Hard pass on Dillon. Big guy, but was a minus-16 on the team with a strong defensive system and Hellebyuck in net. That speaks volumes.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Agree on Dillon, hard pass. He gets the BC kid love like Stecher did. The local yocals go blind in their love for the local kid done good.

I also agree about Zadorov. It could end up being a regrettable contract. He caught fire at the right time, some have forgotten his baggage when we got him, he has his warts.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:00 pm Agree on Dillon, hard pass. He gets the BC kid love like Stecher did. The local yocals go blind in their love for the local kid done good.

I also agree about Zadorov. It could end up being a regrettable contract. He caught fire at the right time, some have forgotten his baggage when we got him, he has his warts.
But what about Schaller, Air Thief, Beagle, BirdBones,,Roussel, Sutter, Poolman??

You loved each and every one of these signings.

Dillon is fine at 2 x 2. As a #6 guy who can provide some grit. Or is Aman going to stick up for the team?

I swear sometimes Pacific Blue runs to the can when there’s a fight on and paints his nails.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:50 pm
Picker of Cherries wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:45 pm Liked big Zed but it’d be a mistake to think he will consistently play like he did in the playoffs.
Hard pass on Dillon. Big guy, but was a minus-16 on the team with a strong defensive system and Hellebyuck in net. That speaks volumes.
Dillon was + 20. Wakey wakey Medsie
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:00 pm Agree on Dillon, hard pass. He gets the BC kid love like Stecher did. The local yocals go blind in their love for the local kid done good.

What is with your hatred of BC born players? It’s bordering on obsession
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:25 am

I love where I’m from, I just don’t judge players by where they are from, that would be - love is blind
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:37 am

But what about Schaller, Air Thief, Beagle, BirdBones,,Roussel, Sutter, Poolman??

You loved each and every one of these signings.

Dillon is fine at 2 x 2. As a #6 guy who can provide some grit. Or is Aman going to stick up for the team?

I swear sometimes Pacific Blue runs to the can when there’s a fight on and paints his nails.
Dillon is Ian Cole 2.0. I’ve seen enough of that, sorry.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:23 am
Mëds wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:50 pm
Dillon was + 20. Wakey wakey Medsie
Yeah. That’s my bad. I went to nhl.com and didn’t look close enough. His minus-16 is his career playoff numbers.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:07 pm HW's take.
I like this plan for D and think that would be solid.

I'd like to keep Blueger but understand he may ask too much. I think we all want to keep Lindholm but same issue as Blueger. If we keep Lindholm, you've got to have him in the top 6. No more of this third line center business. We need to get skill in to the top 6.

I've mentioned a few times my concerns with trading Boeser.. I'm not against it if there's a solid plan on how to upgrade, but I havn't heard anyone even come close to forming a solid plan. Of course if he's now injured in to next year that changes a lot.
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by theman »

Raile wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:36 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:07 pm HW's take.
I like this plan for D and think that would be solid.

I'd like to keep Blueger but understand he may ask too much. I think we all want to keep Lindholm but same issue as Blueger. If we keep Lindholm, you've got to have him in the top 6. No more of this third line center business. We need to get skill in to the top 6.

I've mentioned a few times my concerns with trading Boeser.. I'm not against it if there's a solid plan on how to upgrade, but I havn't heard anyone even come close to forming a solid plan. Of course if he's now injured in to next year that changes a lot.
Wondering, will Boeser be healthy and ready to go at training camp?

What is the best case scenario with his recovery?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’m just not seeing the benefits of tying up big long term money on Lindholm when he turns 30 in December. Not for where this team is at. He’s gonna be looking for his retirement contract with term and the most money. Do we really want that future boat anchor ? I say no. The organization needs to stop with this shit.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Post season wrap up. You

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:59 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:25 am

I love where I’m from, I just don’t judge players by where they are from, that would be - love is blind
Yes you do. You can’t stand players from this province. It’s fine, just own it.

Dillon is a hard nosed career 4/5 D man capable of playing both sides. He’s similar to Cole for sure; but tougher. Who is going to provide the grit and tenacity over a season. Aman, Bains, Hronek?

Dillon has nothing to do with Stecher- very weird comparison.

Prey tell what was all this baggage Z had when he got here? Calgary was spinning their wheels and he basically said ‘if don’t plan to offer me a contract, then move me’……such baggage.

Dude’s Erik Gudbranson got 4 x 4. I’d be fine with Z in the 5’s x 5 or 6 years.

I can see the Dude back in the day hiding behind the couch when Curt Fraser beet the wheels off some guy…..” wah they’re doing fighting mommy”……
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:01 am I’m just not seeing the benefits of tying up big long term money on Lindholm when he turns 30 in December. Not for where this team is at. He’s gonna be looking for his retirement contract with term and the most money. Do we really want that future boat anchor ? I say no. The organization needs to stop with this shit.
I would use that money on a winger for Petey. Bluegers can centre Joshua and Garland until the next TDD. No one’s expecting Lekkerimaki to be in the lineup before 25-26, so get a guy on a 2-3 year deal as a contributing placeholder.

I loved what Lindholm brought to the team in the playoffs, but he’ll want paid. Someone will pay him big, so I hope it’s not us.

Joshua won’t be too challenging IMO as long as management doesn’t try to low-ball him. He knows what he has in Vancouver, so as long as it’s a reasonable raise for him at decent term (3 yrs for argument’s sake) I am not worried about losing him.

We all talk about who the team will lose in free agency, but there’s all the other FAs that will be available as well. Butthead and Old Fart may have some magic to weave again this summer.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.