Canucks News N Notes 23-24 Playoff Edition

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 23-24 Playoff Edition

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:21 pm Image
:D

I want the Oilers to lose to the Stars for many reasons.

"To see Mark Spector cry"... is working its way up the list.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:21 pm Image
Spec ain’t wrong…..and I can’t stand Spector.

Miller
Boeser
Garland
Joshua
Hughes
Myers
Lindholm
Zadorov

Those are the guys who were effective in the playoffs. Note that only 2 of them are European.

Pettersson
Suter
Blueger
Aman
Hoglander
Mikheyev
DiGiuseppe
Lafferty
Cole

Those are the guys who consistently didn’t do much and were on our various shit lists at one point or another. Note that only 3 of them are North American.

Also, The reply below Spector’s tweet is kinda funny. I wonder if he realizes that his list of Euro examples didn’t all play together on the same team…..
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

To be fair, the effective players you listed are top 6 F and top 4 D. So you would expect that.

Miller
Boeser
Garland
Joshua
Hughes
Myers
Lindholm
Zadorov

And the ineffective players are mostly bottom 6 and bottom D pairing. So you wouldn't expect them to be potting a lot of goals (only PDG and Suter did, from memory).

Pettersson
Suter
Blueger
Aman
Hoglander
Mikheyev
DiGiuseppe
Lafferty
Cole
Picker of Cherries
CC Veteran

Post by Picker of Cherries »

I won’t write off Pettersson yet. I remember people saying Yserman and Sakic would never lead their teams to cups when they were young…until they did. Something has been wrong with Petey since the all-star game. Don’t know if it was physical or mental. He did not do well in these playoffs. He started playing a bit better near the end. Hope he’s learned and he puts his issues behind him the next time he is in the playoffs.
“Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room.”
- President Merkin Muffley
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Picker of Cherries wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:59 pm I won’t write off Pettersson yet. I remember people saying Yserman and Sakic would never lead their teams to cups when they were young…until they did. Something has been wrong with Petey since the all-star game. Don’t know if it was physical or mental. He did not do well in these playoffs. He started playing a bit better near the end. Hope he’s learned and he puts his issues behind him the next time he is in the playoffs.
IMO, it’s a combination of maturity, the lack thereof and as the season wears on so does his strength and conditioning. Year after year Petey shows up to camp in very good condition but with his body type he may suffer some wear over the long haul of the season. Needs to figure that out. If it’s not an injury he had its concerning, hopefully he figures it out.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

5thhorseman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:14 pm To be fair, the effective players you listed are top 6 F and top 4 D. So you would expect that.

Miller
Boeser
Garland
Joshua
Hughes
Myers
Lindholm
Zadorov

And the ineffective players are mostly bottom 6 and bottom D pairing. So you wouldn't expect them to be potting a lot of goals (only PDG and Suter did, from memory).

Pettersson
Suter
Blueger
Aman
Hoglander
Mikheyev
DiGiuseppe
Lafferty
Cole
Right. So the ineffective guys are your depth players. Spector said your depth can’t be Euros.
dbr
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by dbr »

Like Barbashev, or Burakovsky, Jan Rutta, Ondrej Palat, Carl Gunnarsson, Oskar Sundqvist, Christian Djoos Jakub Vrana Carl Hagelin Patric Hornqvist Kimmo Timonen Teuvo Teravainen Viktor Stalberg Michael Frolik Michal Handzus Tomas Kaberle Tomas Kopecky Miro Satan Petr Sykora Ruslan Fedotenko Mikael Samuelsson Andreas Lilja Jiri Hudler.. how does anyone win a cup with depth guys like that.

Why the fuck is anyone taking Dollarama Don Cherry seriously? :lol:
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Spector is just trolling. Playing to his own mongoloid audience. Like others have said, he just invites more fans to cheer against the Oilers - who are already whining enough to get on reasonable people’s nerves.

Keeping making your team easier to hate, Spec. Just don’t cry when no one rallies to your team.

His take is hilarious. By his logic Patty Marleau should have won a couple cups already.

Fucking clown, like all the other Coiler homers and half the TO media gang.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
dbr
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by dbr »

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

dbr wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:36 am
Elias Pettersson says he's been playing with a bad knee since January.
So in January, it was pretty much confirmed we would be in the playoffs, and they didn't rest him.....
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Cornuck wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:40 am
dbr wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:36 am
Elias Pettersson says he's been playing with a bad knee since January.
So in January, it was pretty much confirmed we would be in the playoffs, and they didn't rest him.....
This is both great and frustrating to hear.

I stick by my thoughts from the other week that it was both a physical injury and between his ears though. Likely frustrating for him that try as he might it was only getting harder for him to regain his form if the injury was getting worse, leading to increasing frustration.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I smell what might be bullshit on the knee. (Maybe it was sore or something but no excuse worthy of that performance)...The raisin would've gone full Golden knight and ltir'd that shit and added at the deadline if there was an actual injury hampering his play

It sure sounds like EP had a bruised coconut and nothing more
If you need air...call it in
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by theman »

So, if Petey had a knee injury SINCE JANUARY, why did bother taking part in the All Star game? Canucks should have used that injury as an excuse to give him a good amount of time off.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

right because injuries have never been mis-managed :lol: