Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Post by Chef Boi RD »

For shits n giggles what are realistic trade scenarios involving Pettersson? You obviously have to take a substantial contract back. What’s out there?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:35 am There may be teams that would pay a premium for Silovs. We have 2 other youngsters up and coming.
No ther wouldn’t, and no we don’t.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tciso wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:40 am Unless we get a top 15 pick for Silovs, keep him. He is worth more than most will pay.
This place is a riot.😂
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:34 pm For shits n giggles what are realistic trade scenarios involving Pettersson? You obviously have to take a substantial contract back. What’s out there?
I wonder if Carolina would have interest still.....

Honestly I think any realistic ones are evaporating with his current play.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We’re not trading Pettersson, but the team needs to talk to him. His thousand yard stare throughout the playoffs must be frustrating for a coach and teammates, especially the kind of human Petey is. From what I understand about him he is hard to reach, doesn’t take advice well and struggles talking in front of his teammates, opening up. He’s definitely an enigma. The opposite of the Sedins, truly. I can’t for the life of me think of the kind of winger that would do well with Petey, it seems to be an issue finding the right chemistry that being said at his pay, he shouldn’t need others to make him better, but the opposite.

I think that is the first time a coach has publicly criticized Pettersson, it truly says something about the situation. Sounds like a frustrated coach who has tried everything to reach him. Petey strikes me as someone who does not like help from others and that must be frustrating for a coach.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:05 am We’re not trading Pettersson
Shockeroo, you were trolling when you talked about trading him for Marner in the GDT! :shock:

Thoughts JPP?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:03 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:05 am We’re not trading Pettersson
Shockeroo, you were trolling when you talked about trading him for Marner in the GDT! :shock:

Thoughts JPP?
“Not trading” might mean “can’t trade”, maybe? I’ll give you $11.6 reasons why. Would I like to trade him, pastor strangelove? With how he is performing in these playoffs, 100% I would old timer.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:21 pm pastor strangelove
... in a post where he's trying to convince people he's not a troll. :lol:

Marner! Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Strangelove wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:03 pm Thoughts JPP?
Hundo P
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:13 pm
Tciso wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:40 am Unless we get a top 15 pick for Silovs, keep him. He is worth more than most will pay.
This place is a riot.😂
Right back atcha, Blob. Yes, a top 15 is too much for Silovs, but, from what he has shown the past 12 months, he has every indications of being a top 10 goalie in the league in 3-5 years. Take a look at the league. We have at least 3 teams in the playoffs who could have used Silovs. Toronto, LA and Edmonton. Never mind the teams that missed the playoffs, and who are building towards competing in 2-4 years. Markstrom is the top goalie in the trade market for competing teams, but, the bottom feeders who have already stockpiled picks and prospects also need goaltending. Silovs is in a perfect spot for those teams. And, as we have seen, trading for more wingers doesn't do shit when you need to make a save. So, is a top 15 pick overpayment. Hell Yes. But, to fill a giant need, it is worth it. If you look at what a lot of 1st round picks have been traded for (McCabe/Lafferty, Jeannot, O'Reilly. etc), its not out of line, and he is more useful now that most of those names. Is it a gamble? Yep. But, in my oppinion, anything less than a top 15 pick, and we'd be foolish to trade him away. Seriously, what the hell are we going to do with a late 2nd round pick (many seem to say that is his market value)? Trade it and a 3rd for a backup is the most likely scenario, or grab a D man with a 25% chance of making it in 4-6 years?

Silovs has to be in the top 3-5 up and coming goalies. So, if somone wants him, make them pay.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Tciso wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:56 am
This place is a riot.😂
Right back atcha, Blob. Yes, a top 15 is too much for Silovs, but, from what he has shown the past 12 months, he has every indications of being a top 10 goalie in the league in 3-5 years. Take a look at the league. We have at least 3 teams in the playoffs who could have used Silovs. Toronto, LA and Edmonton. Never mind the teams that missed the playoffs, and who are building towards competing in 2-4 years. Markstrom is the top goalie in the trade market for competing teams, but, the bottom feeders who have already stockpiled picks and prospects also need goaltending. Silovs is in a perfect spot for those teams. And, as we have seen, trading for more wingers doesn't do shit when you need to make a save. So, is a top 15 pick overpayment. Hell Yes. But, to fill a giant need, it is worth it. If you look at what a lot of 1st round picks have been traded for (McCabe/Lafferty, Jeannot, O'Reilly. etc), its not out of line, and he is more useful now that most of those names. Is it a gamble? Yep. But, in my oppinion, anything less than a top 15 pick, and we'd be foolish to trade him away. Seriously, what the hell are we going to do with a late 2nd round pick (many seem to say that is his market value)? Trade it and a 3rd for a backup is the most likely scenario, or grab a D man with a 25% chance of making it in 4-6 years?

Silovs has to be in the top 3-5 up and coming goalies. So, if somone wants him, make them pay.
It would have to be a “blow your doors off” offer to trade Silovs. The guy looks like he could easily succeed Demko if he puts in work with Clarke.

Demko will be 31 3 months after the season starts on his next contract, you don’t dare give him more than 4 years, and you definitely cannot afford to compensate for shorter term with increased AAV. It would be foolish to hitch our wagon to a goalie with his lower body injury history…..goaltenders tend to see more of those injuries the older they get, and, as with all of us, they don’t recover as completely from injuries after 30.

If we have a possible top 10 goaltender already in-house, I think we’d be crazy to let him go in this situation. Particularly as we have a hole in the backup position already and especially with him still having just turned 23.

If Silovs can be our next starter, and he gets signed this summer to a 3 year deal, then we get a cheap starter for 1 season of our supposed window, and then lock him up to term at 26 years of age.
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by theman »

Mëds wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:20 am
This place is a riot.😂

It would have to be a “blow your doors off” offer to trade Silovs. The guy looks like he could easily succeed Demko if he puts in work with Clarke.

Demko will be 31 3 months after the season starts on his next contract, you don’t dare give him more than 4 years, and you definitely cannot afford to compensate for shorter term with increased AAV. It would be foolish to hitch our wagon to a goalie with his lower body injury history…..goaltenders tend to see more of those injuries the older they get, and, as with all of us, they don’t recover as completely from injuries after 30.

If we have a possible top 10 goaltender already in-house, I think we’d be crazy to let him go in this situation. Particularly as we have a hole in the backup position already and especially with him still having just turned 23.

If Silovs can be our next starter, and he gets signed this summer to a 3 year deal, then we get a cheap starter for 1 season of our supposed window, and then lock him up to term at 26 years of age.
Just for arguments sake.....

Do the Canucks have another goalie prospects with the potential of Silovs? I ask because if someone did offer up a 1st round pick, the Canucks would be foolish to not seriously consider it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

theman is smelling what the Chef is cooking! There are teams out there desparate for tenders!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

theman wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:02 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:20 am
This place is a riot.😂

Just for arguments sake.....

Do the Canucks have another goalie prospects with the potential of Silovs? I ask because if someone did offer up a 1st round pick, the Canucks would be foolish to not seriously consider it.
Not that I’ve heard of.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topopopolo is a giant who was considered to be a pretty good prospect, even surpassing Silovs in some people's eyes
If you need air...call it in