Canucks News N Notes 23-24 Playoff Edition

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 23-24 Playoff Edition

Post by rats19 »

Atta boy bloberino :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:54 pm Pettersson never held out on any deal. Did Hughes also hold out? They didn’t have contracts. That isn’t a hold out.

As for this 5th highest player contract,,let’s see where he is after year one of that deal. I can guarantee it won’t be 5th in the league. Furthermore he hasn’t even started “11.6 “….

I remember so many people thinking Miller was a bum and they wanted to trade him halfway through the 22/23 season. The melting archives has saved a shovel full of crow shit and eggs for these meat puppets. Folks saying he’d need a 1st attached to him and get rid of that shitty contract.

The kid has struggled and is playing with inferior linemates. Cut him a bit of slack.
Good post. Will read again.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:05 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:54 pm Pettersson never held out on any deal. Did Hughes also hold out? They didn’t have contracts. That isn’t a hold out.

As for this 5th highest player contract,,let’s see where he is after year one of that deal. I can guarantee it won’t be 5th in the league. Furthermore he hasn’t even started “11.6 “….

I remember so many people thinking Miller was a bum and they wanted to trade him halfway through the 22/23 season. The melting archives has saved a shovel full of crow shit and eggs for these meat puppets. Folks saying he’d need a 1st attached to him and get rid of that shitty contract.

The kid has struggled and is playing with inferior linemates. Cut him a bit of slack.
Good post, Dude. Will grab my ankles again. :look:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:51 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:05 pm

Good post, Dude. Will grab my ankles again. :look:
You use quotes like the Chef.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

rats19 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:57 pm Atta boy bloberino :thumbs:
Lol....Mr. p-rat-ical....
DeLevering since 1999.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:25 pm leaves tie their series. They were the better team IMO

Oops wrong thread, sorry
But, if the leaves had lost, then every thread is the right thread. :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:51 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:50 pmFuck.
You either just ran into messier again
:D :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:47 am The priority signings top to bottom

Hronek - RFA
Joshua - UFA
Zadorov - UFA
Lindholm - UFA

For me it’s Hronek and Joshua at the the top of the list, and then dominos. Zadarov and Lindholm will be sacrificed due to signing Hronek and Joshua, no money left for those two, unless we trade one or two of Hronek and/or Garland or Boeser but not sure being a team with three top three centres and no wingers to play with is all that smart.
For me, I like having strength down the middle. When I look at some Stanley Cup championship teams, they almost always a dynamic 1-2 punch @ centre (ie: Gretzky/Messier, Mario/Francis, Sakic/Forsberg, Yzerman/Fedorov, Zetterberg/Datsyuk, Modano/Nieuwendyk, Stall/Brind'amour, Lecavalier/B.Richards, Kopitar/J.Carter, Crosby/Malkin, Stamkos/Point, etc). It almost worked for us in 2011 when we had Hank/Kes, but losing the 3rd cog in the wheel Malhotra really did hurt. I always thought that was a serious problem with the 94 team and the WCE, there was no real #1 centre. None of those centremen that we had on those teams were close to elite and they were more 2/3 guys.

Ideally, I'd like to keep the 2 ex-Flames, Lindholm & Zaddy. Right now we have Millzy/Petey, which might be the best centre ice duel in our franchise history. Finding a way to keep Lindholm around only makes us that much more a killer to play against. I don't mind going cheap in the wings. There's usually a surplus of good wingers out there that can be had. I mean, we found Kuzzy96 and DJ81 from out of nowhere. We got Hoggy in the 2nd round and Podz is looking rdy to take a step next season. Look at a very good winger in Toffoli, ever since he left us, I don't know how many teams he has bounced around with. A casual fan new to the game would look at his hockeyDB and assume he's just a journeyman winger. Teams that have a Lindholm usually will not move him. Just look at the steep price we had to pony up to acquire him despite his pending UFA status.

I guess it all boils down to how much it will cost to keep Lindholm. If it's $8M+, then we gotta let him walk. $6M, I dunno.... 50/50. If he can be had for $4M-$5M on a shorter term deal (2-3years), I think I'd do that. As for Hronek, it would suck to move him as it took forever to find a good RS D, but not sure I want to pay him $8M+ neither. I think Zaddy's size and package of a player is really hard to find out there, more rare than a good RS D. I mean, Zaddy had 6Gs this year, that's more than Hronek. Hronek was supposed to have this amazing booming shot. It's ok at times, but I dunno, only 5Gs is pretty meh. I know he doesn't play 1st unit PP, but his shot is not in the same league as Sami Salo that's for sure. I know pts is another thing, but eating all those minutes with Huggy is going to pad a guy's stats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Snooz not sure it’s a good idea tying up big cap bucks on your 3rd line center in his 30’s. I’d rather go after a winger in the UFA market to give Pettersson something decent to play with
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Boeser hurt in morning practice on a power play practice drill. Waiting for report, took a puck on his hand apparently

Man o man….
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

rats19 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:34 pm Boeser hurt in morning practice on a power play practice drill. Waiting for report, took a puck on his hand apparently

Man o man….
Wow, when it rains... its Vancouver.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Rumours that Demko may not be available until Conference Finals. No mention of the year.

Hopefully the latest injury doesn't affect Brock's trade value.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Tyler Myers was back on the ice after missing game two with an illness.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

It is so deflating really. And although I agree that anything can happen in the playoffs I am just feeling like well it was a fun season, a learning season, and our weaknesses are now plainly visible. Allvin has his work cut our for him for sure. As to goaltending, we need to find out if She-loves is ready to back up Demko. Throw him to the wolves I say. DeSmith shat the bed last game and that is enough for me to say this is a time of learning.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

A work in progress. I know some disagree but the Lindholm rental was the wrong time for such a trade. A lesser costly rental would’ve been the wiser. Its not an old team by most standards, the window has just opened. It’s far from closing
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau