Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I mean the post game headlines would write themselves eh ;)
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

If Francis were to take Myers' contract off our hands, it'd be right neighborly of him. We could then turn around and use that six million to shore up some deficiencies back there. I'm thinking maybe bring back Hambone and maybe another vet of similar or slightly greater value. A bit of a fantasy I think, but I like the idea very much.
el rey del mambo
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:54 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:33 pmOEL
I’d love oel if he was a rightie
I'd prefer OEL over Schmidt tbh, go all out like Tampa heavy skilled on left d, then get some reliable defensive right side dmen to back em up.

TBL:
Hedman - Ruuta
McDonagh - Cernak
Sergachev - Savard

VAN:
OEL - Myers
Hughes - UFA/Trade (Larsson?)
Rathbones - UFA (Hamonic?)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

A better system and the entire D would look 50% improved. Same with the forwards.

JB has zero UFA luck. OEL would be another broken down albatross. Say no to that bloat. Go steal Victor Sodastream while Arizona is still trying to put out the Chayka house fire.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Just thought of a pretty good idea.
Fraser Valley Mosquitoes
The Canucks could make a logo like the Blue Jackets alternate hornet logo.
It actually ties into a local Sto:lo legend of how the mosquito was created.
With permission, they could use local masks and have the Cannibal Woman Th'owxeya as their mascot.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:02 pm A better system and the entire D would look 50% improved. Same with the forwards.

JB has zero UFA luck. OEL would be another broken down albatross. Say no to that bloat. Go steal Victor Sodastream while Arizona is still trying to put out the Chayka house fire.
Soderstrom has strength issues that may inhibit his ability to be effective at the NHL level
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:28 pm Hey Shit Puppet. I know your ass is pretty torn up from riding on Doc’s lap all day but I really didn’t think you were this stupid. A fist puppet and wannabe troll? Absolutely! But I thought you were above being a smarmy rodent when your opinion didn’t jive with someone else’s.

Say it with me Tard Boy. Schmidt and Myers is not 12 million well spent. The defence is a bloody mess and needs a rebuild. Then again you’re the same moron that blathered on about the North Divison being the strongest one, so your knowledge is somewhere between Gomer’s and Mathonwy’s.

And one more time for the mongoloid. The idea is to jettison both Schmidt and Myers you illiterate fuck. Not “see who Francis leaves us”. The idea is to rebuild the bottom 5 D in the league and make it better.

The last thing you need to do is burn more brain cells. You barely have enough to arm an ape.
Blob my boy - that's a lot of antagonism in just one post.

Kids raid the weed jar again last night?

8-)
DeLevering since 1999.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:28 pm Hey Shit Puppet. I know your ass is pretty torn up from riding on Doc’s lap all day but I really didn’t think you were this stupid. A fist puppet and wannabe troll? Absolutely! But I thought you were above being a smarmy rodent when your opinion didn’t jive with someone else’s.

Say it with me Tard Boy. Schmidt and Myers is not 12 million well spent. The defence is a bloody mess and needs a rebuild. Then again you’re the same moron that blathered on about the North Divison being the strongest one, so your knowledge is somewhere between Gomer’s and Mathonwy’s.
:shock:

Did he really say that!!??!?!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:49 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:48 pm Image
:lol:
Boy, blog is angry ever since the Avs failed to make it past the 2nd round and the Kings lost the lottery again.

RD, your thoughts?
It hasn’t been a good playoffs for Blob, most certainly, but Blobs my boy, he keeps it lively.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

donlever wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:24 am

And one more time for the mongoloid. The idea is to jettison both Schmidt and Myers you illiterate fuck. Not “see who Francis leaves us”. The idea is to rebuild the bottom 5 D in the league and make it better.

The last thing you need to do is burn more brain cells. You barely have enough to arm an ape.
Blob my boy - that's a lot of antagonism in just one post.

Kids raid the weed jar again last night?

8-)
Meh… it wasn’t unprovoked Leves. Little neckbeard starts calling people stupid, idiotic and dumb he’s gonna wear one. It’s adorable how much he idolizes Dude and Doc and reports back to them. He’s seemingly oblivious to the fact that Dude and I have been going at each other for two decades. Doc and I used to pretty much agree on most shit. He has been a staunch Elmer supporter since 2015, whereas I expect a bit more from the GM….. and here we are
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:06 am
Boy, blog is angry ever since the Avs failed to make it past the 2nd round and the Kings lost the lottery again.

RD, your thoughts?
It hasn’t been a good playoffs for Blob, most certainly, but Blobs my boy, he keeps it lively.
I’ve enjoyed the playoffs immensely
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:15 am
Meh… it wasn’t unprovoked Leves. Little neckbeard starts calling people stupid, idiotic and dumb he’s gonna wear one. It’s adorable how much he idolizes Dude and Doc and reports back to them. He’s seemingly oblivious to the fact that Dude and I have been going at each other for two decades. Doc and I used to pretty much agree on most shit. He has been a staunch Elmer supporter since 2015, whereas I expect a bit more from the GM….. and here we are
At least 2 decades.

Fair enough then.

Carry on all...

(I believe ESQ has been around for a similar time frame, no? Is my memory really fading that badly?)
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:15 am I’ve enjoyed the playoffs immensely
Yeah, I'm down, since my reemergence here I've actually watched a couple of games.

Looks good to me...
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:15 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:06 am

RD, your thoughts?
I’ve enjoyed the playoffs immensely
You seem to be handling another disappointing playoffs for your Sakic Avs and your Tavares leaves OK somewhat but I am sensing a little displaced aggression
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

donlever wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:24 am
At least 2 decades.

Fair enough then.

Carry on all...

(I believe ESQ has been around for a similar time frame, no? Is my memory really fading that badly?)
I was a lurker back at Central, managed to find the new Corner and started posting - was that 2011 that that all went down? Jesus, I've been around 10 years.

I think my older brother knew Chris from Central personally and he introduced me to it back around...2002 or 2003 probably? I don't think my brother ever posted either.

Back then - to my recollection - the THINKER liked wearing the goat horns in every thread, which is an important role on a message board to keep things lively. Now, Blob/Tanner has taken over that role, weighing in with a controversial/contrarian take just to keep things lively. Nothing wrong with that, but he's quite sensitive at times.