Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by ESQ »

SKYO wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:34 pm

It's not so much that, I just detest people with their selfish reason's and making up bullshit "facts" about why they shouldn't wear a mask, or why they need to go to a church even though the government said no to that for a while - so covid-19 infections can slow down.....they disobey, citing FREEDOM!!!
Skyo droppin the truth bombs!!! :devil: :devil:
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:51 pm Little Bay Pharmacy
Where is that?
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

ESQ wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:47 pm
SKYO wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:34 pm

It's not so much that, I just detest people with their selfish reason's and making up bullshit "facts" about why they shouldn't wear a mask, or why they need to go to a church even though the government said no to that for a while - so covid-19 infections can slow down.....they disobey, citing FREEDOM!!!
Skyo droppin the truth bombs!!! :devil: :devil:
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:51 pm Little Bay Pharmacy
Where is that?
At the end of Bruce Street in Horseshoe Bay near the ticket window for the ferry.
el rey del mambo
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:20 pm
SKYO wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:34 pm Canada's 2nd wave of the coronavirus is vastly killing more than the initial 1st wave, thanks to people not giving a shit.
Oh die like a man you fucking weenie. :scowl:
I had covid19, lived through it's symptoms, it's no cake walk, in fact I'm still not 100% yet with the after effects going into week 4 post-covid, so I can see how it can kill off anyone that has a compromised immune symptom, weaker lungs and the elderly etc.

Why say "die like a man"? So you agree the coronavirus can kill you?

SKYO wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:34 pm Canada's 2nd wave of the coronavirus is vastly killing more than the initial 1st wave, thanks to people not giving a shit.

Hey Skyo, two separate posts from you today going out of your way to attack Catholics.

Is there something from your childhood you need to get off your chest big guy?
Oh I don't know, how about the Residential School system? where I'm a intergenerational survivor, meaning my parents, uncles/aunties, grandma/grandpa's all went through that horrific experience.
While Pope Francis and the world’s Catholic bishops meet inside Vatican City walls from Feb. 21 to 24, Korkmaz, a survivor of the notorious St. Anne’s Indian Residential School, will join other global survivors in Rome as they hold an alternate “Ending Clergy Abuse” event.

Now 61, Korkmaz spent the most horrific years of her life as a student at St. Anne’s, which was run by Oblate Catholic nuns. Children who attended the school, which opened in 1906, were routinely abused, beaten and malnourished. Students lived in fear of the homemade electric chair used to punish them.

Korkmaz was sexually assaulted at the school, which was one of 139 Indian Residential Schools in Canada that existed from the mid-1800s to 1996. Nearly 150,000 First Nations, Métis and Inuit children were taken away from their families, homes and communities and placed in government-funded, church-run schools meant to erase their identities and to assimilate them into colonized, Christian Canada.

Pope Francis has refused to apologize for Canada’s residential school experience, even though many of the schools were Catholic.
And what makes you think masks/no-masks had anything to do with those folks contracting Covid?

Do you think it impossible for them to have received Covid due to not washing their hands enough?

Do you think those largely ineffective masks gave them a false sense of security resulting in them engaging in risky behavior?

Do you think putting those masks on-and-off constantly after touching all those doorknobs and counters gave them Covid?

Do you think? :mex:

Or do you just mindlessly follow orders...

Exactly, we don't know how it was transmitted to them, but they did say they were not wearing masks.
And the way any flu/virus is transmitted:
Contact and droplet transmission
Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 can occur through direct, indirect, or close contact with infected people through infected secretions such as saliva and respiratory secretions or their respiratory droplets, which are expelled when an infected person coughs, sneezes, talks or sings.(2-10) Respiratory droplets are >5-10 μm in diameter whereas droplets <5μm in diameter are referred to as droplet nuclei or aerosols.(11) Respiratory droplet transmission can occur when a person is in close contact (within 1 metre) with an infected person who has respiratory symptoms (e.g. coughing or sneezing) or who is talking or singing; in these circumstances, respiratory droplets that include virus can reach the mouth, nose or eyes of a susceptible person and can result in infection. Indirect contact transmission involving contact of a susceptible host with a contaminated object or surface (fomite transmission) may also be possible (see below).

Airborne transmission
Airborne transmission is defined as the spread of an infectious agent caused by the dissemination of droplet nuclei (aerosols) that remain infectious when suspended in air over long distances and time.(11) Airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2 can occur during medical procedures that generate aerosols (“aerosol generating procedures”).(12) WHO, together with the scientific community, has been actively discussing and evaluating whether SARS-CoV-2 may also spread through aerosols in the absence of aerosol generating procedures, particularly in indoor settings with poor ventilation.

The physics of exhaled air and flow physics have generated hypotheses about possible mechanisms of SARS-CoV-2 transmission through aerosols.(13-16) These theories suggest that 1) a number of respiratory droplets generate microscopic aerosols (<5 µm) by evaporating, and 2) normal breathing and talking results in exhaled aerosols. Thus, a susceptible person could inhale aerosols, and could become infected if the aerosols contain the virus in sufficient quantity to cause infection within the recipient. However, the proportion of exhaled droplet nuclei or of respiratory droplets that evaporate to generate aerosols, and the infectious dose of viable SARS-CoV-2 required to cause infection in another person are not known, but it has been studied for other respiratory viruses.
It ain't rocket science here, not no magic hocus pocus bullshit, every doctor, scientist etc says to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus or any virus for that matter:

How many infectious diseases were eradicated or helped stopped/massively slowed by scientists and vaccines? so we can all live longer lives now?
smallpox, measles, polio, the plague, the list goes on...

Now they are onto the covid-19 vaccine, and all they ask is people to fucking wear a god damn mask till we can vaccinate everyone, and that's too much ask for some retards.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:18 pm Here's the last word you'll here from our cancelled anthem singer.

https://post.futurimedia.com/ckstam/pla ... 28518.html
Thanks Mega. I actually took the time and listened to the whole thing. Wish I had something inspirational to say but no, just this;

Mark Donnelly had every right to speak wherever he wanted.

Francesco Aquilini had every right to fire him.

Guy sounds a lot younger than he is. / Was getting old for the job anyways.

No winners here. Not much for hockey either.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

http://wellsedd.com/Content/Picard-Freedom.html
You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy. 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.
- Jean Luc Picard. :D
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:04 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:01 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:23 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:17 pm Beautiful. I hate that asshole. Glad to see him go. Lazy piece of shit only sang half the song anyways. He should have donated half his salary to the fans. I also don’t have time for fat pigs that are too lazy to work out and/or diet and takes the easy way out and gets his guts stapled.

Beat it Chunky.
Damn rights, fucking anti-maskers don't give a damn about the world.
The Flames sign him immediately after Francesco Aquilini dumps him. :eh: Really
I don't agree about his stance on masks but as an anthem singer, letting the fans sing parts of it was great.
Letting the fans sing is weak. Sing the song from top to tail. The guy who sings in Chicago is fucking awesome.
Which one?

Robert Lamm, Terry Kath, Peter Cetera, Donnie Dacus, Bill Champlin, Jason Schiff, Lou Pardini and Neill Donell have all sung for Chicago at one point or another. Their most recent album features Lamm, Pardini and Donell, but it was Peter Cetera who sang If You Leave me Now... :hmmm:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

griz wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:19 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:46 pm https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5830309
O Canada singer addresses firing by Vancouver Canucks at anti-mask rally

Mark Donnelly sang anthem at event called the Christmas Freedom Rally in Vancouver on Saturday

Donnelly told the crowd that he decided to sing because he questions the "draconian lockdown protocols."

"What was originally sold as 15-day hunkering down sprint for the common good has turned into a 10-month marathon from hell, where the finish line is constantly being moved further into the distance," he said.

He said he doesn't think health officials have done a cost-benefit analysis looking at the harms of the restrictions compared with preventing the spread of COVID-19.

"As someone known for singing our great national anthem, I'm standing up against what I feel is tyranny, plain and simple," he said to applause and cheers from the crowd.

Donnelly said his firing is censorship by an institution that he's followed for 50 years and been publicly associated with since 2001.

"Sports figures, entertainers, politicians, et cetera, can stand for anything as long as it supports the narrative. You can support rioting, looting, destruction of livelihoods and reputation, but take a position against the narrative and you are worthy of exile or worse."

Donnelly said he hasn't had direct contact with Aquilini or the Canucks and if he is no longer with the team, a phone call would have been a more respectful way to find out his reasons for taking part in the rally.

He had hoped the ownership and management of the Canucks would have had the "courage to support the freedom to express [a] science-based position that is for the greater good of the country," he said.
As I said, fuck you Frances...
Donnelly is a hero.

Aquilini represents the very corporations liberals claim to despise.

Anyone who has not woken up to this Orwellian or Huxley attempt by now is likely not going to. Cognitive dissonance and Stockholm syndrome running rampant. Covid-1984.

I hope Mr Donnelly will sing at freedom rallies across Canada.
And if the supporters all show up without masks - hugging and singing, shouting, laughing - the problem should sort itself out. :look:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:33 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:31 pm Lol Mark is a joke
You wouldn't know a hero if he took a dump on your chest! :mex:
That'd be a weird kind of hero though... :|
Strangelove wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:20 pm Hey Skyo, ...

:shock:

Seriously... is this a thing in Canada? :|
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Per wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:47 am

More popular in Cleveland...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I found an awful lot of scat fetish shit in Copenhagen Per...if you're really interested

Although...i knew a dude in kelowna that his girlfriend got him to dump a platter on her titties in the bath. The best part was him telling all of us then trying to pretend we didnt know when we saw them at a house party a few days later
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:51 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:44 pm Ive got a big ol chong beard these days and I'm pretty sure it filters out the 'rona as good as the shitty ass mask i have. The N95 masks shoud've been mass produced and distributed everywhere. It seems the world was under prepared with these things as they would have made a far greater impact if they were available
I didn't realize they were hard to come by. Little Bay Pharmacy has had an endless supply of the N95 masks since covid became a thing. They're not cheap, around 7-8 bucks a piece but I find them less bothersome and easier to breathe with somehow. Got a good supply of these on hand since everybody went hog wild hording. Little pharmacy had Lysol wipes when nobody else did as well lol. Cool Egyptian art too ;)

*hoarding :oops:
They could be KN95 or knock off N95 masks, the real ones are still harder to get. You need to confirm the version of the mask with CDC to determine if is good the health care profession.

In September I had to wear an official N95 mask and that is not something I want to wear for 4 hours at a stretch. As Doc pointed out, the N95 is not really a "mask" but a respirator and they require a very tight fit. A normal mask, even a surgical is not as a tight fit and you can wear them a lot longer. For walking down the street or even going to the mall you probably do not need an N95 but a surgical or a reusable mask is sufficient, unless you intend to sit on someone's lap.

A mask is just 1 tool and the least effective compared to washing your hands and keeping distance.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s......an Abbotsford thing.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:16 am

It’s......an Abbotsford thing.
ah... OK. :?
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Oh die like a man you fucking weenie. :scowl:

Hey Skyo, two separate posts from you today going out of your way to attack Catholics.

And what makes you think masks/no-masks had anything to do with those folks contracting Covid?

Do you think it impossible for them to have received Covid due to not washing their hands enough?

Do you think those largely ineffective masks gave them a false sense of security resulting in them engaging in risky behavior?

Do you think putting those masks on-and-off constantly after touching all those doorknobs and counters gave them Covid?

Do you think? :mex:

Or do you just mindlessly follow orders...

Without a doubt the hand washing is far more important than mask wearing. Everybody in the scientific community knows it. Fauci has flip flopped on it numerous times. Skyo did they treat you with steroids during your covid infection? Covid 19 has shared peptides with human tissue, which can cause an autoimmune reaction thus getting the “long covid” symptoms. From my understanding steroid treatment helps mitigate that part of the disease and the majority of the lung damage as well. One of the big reasons not to get the new vaccines immediately is to be sure they’re not using those peptides as a way to boost the immune system against covid19, if they are there could be all kinds of side effects.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Not if he does the deed on Doyle... in fact just the opposite!

Literally, anyone who literally takes a literal dump on Doyle's literal chest is a literal hero in my literal books. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.