Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Every contract that is signed to acceptable dollars accentuates how bad the Laughs management team is.

Dumbass gets canned if they start poorly
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So Point’s qualifying offer will be 9 million. He can accept that one year QO and then go to UFA. Smart move for him. Tampa got a steal here. Best contract signed this summer. I’m assuming the no state tax probably knocked 5 or 6 hundred grand off the price. That’s big and obviously the quality of the team and the weather are big factors.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The day he signs the team announces he would miss the first month of the season. Interesting
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dubas must be kicking himself now. Brilliant contract, just as brilliant as the Boeser, Ferland and Tyler Myers contracts
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:17 am Dubas must be kicking himself now. Brilliant contract, just as brilliant as the Boeser, Ferland and Tyler Myers contracts
No, it’s a far better contract than any of the ones you listed. Brayden Point is an elite player. Mentioning Tyler Myers contract in the same breath is beyond asinine.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:27 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:17 am Dubas must be kicking himself now. Brilliant contract, just as brilliant as the Boeser, Ferland and Tyler Myers contracts
No, it’s a far better contract than any of the ones you listed. Brayden Point is an elite player. Mentioning Tyler Myers contract in the same breath is beyond asinine.
Myers has looked fantastic this pre-season!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Well it's not our league but; :lol: :lol: :lol:
Szymon Szemberg
Craig MacTavish has been released from coaching duties at KHL Lokomotiv Yaroslavl. A 4-1 home-loss on Monday to Finnish Jokerit prompted the dismissal. MacTavish leaves Loko with a 3W-5L record. http://www.hclokomotiv.ru/article.asp?i ... MOTIV-6856

КРЕЙГ МАКТАВИШ ПОКИДАЕТ
Локомотив Ярославль
3:23 AM - Sep 24, 2019
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hurricanes trade Justin Faulk to Blues;
https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-ac ... -309425306
The Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues acquired the 27-year-old defenseman Tuesday in a major trade that sent defenseman Joel Edmundson, prospect Dominik Bokk and a seventh-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft to the Carolina Hurricanes. The Blues also acquired a fifth-round pick in 2020.
After the trade, the Blues signed Faulk to a seven-year contract extension worth $45.5 million (annual average value of $6.5 million).
..............................................................................WOW
"evolution"
Jovocop
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Jovocop »

Just to be fair, Myers and Ferland are both UFA signings.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:20 pm
Just to be fair, Myers and Ferland are both UFA signings.
I know they are. Still comparing signing a # 4 d man in RFA to a slightly overpaid contractIN UFA to one of the best young players in the world to a grossly underpaid contract is asinine. They aren’t comparable in quality of player to cap dollars allocation. I didn’t comment on Ferland, I merely brought up Myers to show how retarded comparing Points contract to anything Vancouver has signed.

Basically Hargraves shined a flood lamp on a dumb dumb making another stupid comment.Point is on one the League’s very best contracts period. Myers is not.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tyler Myers has been very impressive this pre-season
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:33 pm Tyler Myers has been very impressive this pre-season
Agree. Lets hope Brock doesnt have mush melon to fuck up our plans
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:34 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:33 pm Tyler Myers has been very impressive this pre-season
Agree. Lets hope Brock doesnt have mush melon to fuck up our plans
As I once said - injuries are my biggest concern. Why you ask? Well, it’s the Vancouver Canucks, just the way it rolls here.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:07 am Hurricanes trade Justin Faulk to Blues;
https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/blues-ac ... -309425306
The Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues acquired the 27-year-old defenseman Tuesday in a major trade that sent defenseman Joel Edmundson, prospect Dominik Bokk and a seventh-round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft to the Carolina Hurricanes. The Blues also acquired a fifth-round pick in 2020.
After the trade, the Blues signed Faulk to a seven-year contract extension worth $45.5 million (annual average value of $6.5 million).
..............................................................................WOW
Faulk will play on the third pairing on the Blues. That’s a lot of jack.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

They're addicted to carrying the Cup around.
"evolution"