Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by SKYO »

Gadjo just turned 20, he'll need a couple years of AHL to be effective, next offseason he can muscle up and work on his power skating.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:23 am Gadjo just turned 20, he'll need a couple years of AHL to be effective, next offseason he can muscle up and work on his power skating.
I think it's tougher for junior power forwards to make the jump to the pro game. It's no easy thing going from playing a truculent style of game with kids your own age to doing that with men. Let's keep in mind, pretty much all of Lind's and Gadjovich's draft class mates are still playing junior hockey, college or in Europe. There is no doubt that the two of them would be putting up great numbers in junior, so I think maybe cutting these two some slack is in order, give them the time and space in making the transition. It's ridiculous to be writing them off because there is no instant gratification in their jump from junior to the pro's. Holy hell, people, step off.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Nuckertuzzi
CC Veteran

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Bo never registered a single point in the A (only 5 games mind you) and Kesler scored 3 G's in his first 33.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jett Woo is really starting to ramp it up, picked up a goal last night and voted 2nd star. 2nd game in a row I believe where he was selected a star. Tim Hunter loves this, apparently an excellent skater and hitter. He's actually the perfect right hand shot D-man partner for Hughes

Ryan Biech of Canucks Army has the Canucks top 5 prospects ranked as

1. Hughes
2. Madden
3. Julovei
4. Lockwood
5. Rathbone

Hughes, Madden, Lockwood, and Rathbone are having helluva seasons right now, enough so to knock Woo, Demko, DiPietro, Dahlen, Gadjovich and Lind out of the top 5. Fuck whoever our scout is who is scouting the college ranks, give this man a raise

The future is here!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:23 pm Jett Woo is really starting to ramp it up, picked up a goal last night and voted 2nd star. 2nd game in a row I believe where he was selected a star. Tim Hunter loves this, apparently an excellent skater and hitter. He's actually the perfect right hand shot D-man partner for Hughes

1. Hughes
2. Madden
3. Julovei
4. Lockwood
5. Rathbone

Hughes, Madden, Lockwood, and Rathbone are having helluva seasons right now, enough so to knock Woo, Demko, DiPietro, Dahlen, Gadjovich and Lind out of the top 5. Fuck whoever our scout is who is scouting the college ranks, give this man a raise

The future is here!
A couple you have mentioned.................
https://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats ... ichigan/31

Not too shabby. :rockin:
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:23 pm Jett Woo is really starting to ramp it up, picked up a goal last night and voted 2nd star. 2nd game in a row I believe where he was selected a star. Tim Hunter loves this, apparently an excellent skater and hitter. He's actually the perfect right hand shot D-man partner for Hughes

1. Hughes
2. Madden
3. Julovei
4. Lockwood
5. Rathbone

The future is here!
That man is Judd Brackett USHL scout & Jonathan Bates NCAA scout, I'd say get more Canucks scouts the better - get more connections which increases the odds you find hidden gems out there, like potential prospects who are good but got injured so they fall down the rounds (Parayko 3rd rounder), or dmen stuck behind veteran prospects like Shea Weber was in the WHL, Nashville was scouting their prospect & noticed Shea competing hard, skilled but was behind the vets & didn't get special teams as much.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

1. Hughes
2. Madden
3. Julovei
4. Lockwood
5. Rathbone

The future is here!
Were the type of kid that ran home so happy with the participation ribbon?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:55 pm

1. Hughes
2. Madden
3. Julovei
4. Lockwood
5. Rathbone

The future is here!
Were the type of kid that ran home so happy with the participation ribbon?
He thinks all these prospects are home and cooled already. They’ve all made it in his world.

Participation ribbon for what? Riding around in tights on a bike with no seat?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Time will not be your friend, Bubbles. It will not be your friend. We are witnessing just the beginnings of the marvelous dynasty ole Jimbro is masterminding here in the Pac Nor West.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It’s abdolutely stunning how well Benning’s 2018 picks have been peforming this season, 3 of them rookies in college.

Hughes
Woo
Madden
Utunen
Thiessen

Sleeper pick - Utunen

Is there no end in sight for what Benning can accomplish at the draft table? Hello Gillis

Nonis interviewing for Flyers GM job
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Who’s the third college player they drafted this year?

Utanen is on fire with 1 assist on the season.

Is Dave Nonis still a young gun? He’s about the same age as RoyalDude
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RD posts are like trees falling in the forest.

No one reads them.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The dude reporting live play by play on randy bobandy Nonis's every career move.

I think we know why he hates gillis so much :lol:

If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:28 am The dude reporting live play by play on randy bobandy Nonis's every career move.

I think we know why he hates gillis so much :lol:

LOL
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:19 am RD posts are like trees falling in the forest.

No one reads them.
And here comes the Gimp, Blobs personal fluffer in between drinks