Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by vic »

Aaronp18 wrote:Sign Leon to a $9M offer sheet!

$27.5M on 3 forwards would make things interesting.
Might as well make it 9.8 - it's the same compensation...

56.3 mil on 4 forwards, 4 d and a goalie, not including Nurse who needs a new deal next year and the goalie mentioned needing a new deal in 2.

That leaves them trying to fill out a roster of 13 more players at an avg cap hit of under 1.5 per.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

vic wrote:

56.3 mil on 4 forwards, 4 d and a goalie, not including Nurse who needs a new deal next year and the goalie mentioned needing a new deal in 2.

That leaves them trying to fill out a roster of 13 more players at an avg cap hit of under 1.5 per.
IF this were the NBA, Draisaitl would have offer sheeted already. (sheeted)
Porter had agreed to sign a four-year, $106 million offer sheet with the Nets. Under NBA rules, the Wizards would then have two days to match the offer since Porter is a restricted free agent.

http://nationalpost.com/pmn/sports-pmn/ ... 0be87f62da
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Dynamo Moscow now declared bankrupt, amid massive corruption charges. KHL declares all player's contracts null and void and all players UFA. Players have not been paid in some time. More teams could follow.

who says Trymakin won't be back in a couple of years. KHL could be down to a handful of teams by then.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

vic wrote:

Nope. Don't go $9.8M.....the league would swoop in and change the compensation rules and make the 4 1RP's mandatory at $9.7M just to screw the Canucks.

Either that or they would find some way to apply a tax or transfer fee of sorts that took it to $9.9M. :lol:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:Dynamo Moscow now declared bankrupt, amid massive corruption charges. KHL declares all player's contracts null and void and all players UFA. Players have not been paid in some time. More teams could follow.

who says Trymakin won't be back in a couple of years. KHL could be down to a handful of teams by then.
That could make the NHL's late summer UFA market very interesting indeed.

I wonder if there are any players that will become available that would cause some GM's to try and shuffle their deck to make room.....summer trade market could heat up too.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The world is getting a little, let's just say, tense right now and it could definitely, directly, bring to attention the
future of Russian hockey players and their loyalties of where they will or will not play.
I am of the mind that many will be absolutely running to the NHL soon, so yes, very interesting...
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

black ace wrote:Apparently Kovalchuk was pressured by Putin to stay in Russia. Very important for Russia to win Gold in an election year.

Apparently Devils didn't really want him back but couldn't work out a sign and trade. Teams not willing to give to much on cap or term. And trade return wasn't great. Next year he apparently will be FA somif he comes back he can negotiate with only th teams he is interested in.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Dynamo Moscow now declared bankrupt, amid massive corruption charges. KHL declares all player's contracts null and void and all players UFA. Players have not been paid in some time. More teams could follow.

That could make the NHL's late summer UFA market very interesting indeed.

I wonder if there are any players that will become available that would cause some GM's to try and shuffle their deck to make room.....summer trade market could heat up too.

I tried to find an updated roster but couldn't get an eccurate picture. Surely some of the players already have their rights owned by NHL teams anyway. That Russian dude that was drafted 31st I think was one of them and he already signed his ELC.

Some of the other teams that folded have new owners. The new owners have the choice of what contracts they will honour or not. So players on those teams don't have such a clear choice. The new owners also don't have to honour unpaid back pay.
Jovocop
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:
black ace wrote:Apparently Kovalchuk was pressured by Putin to stay in Russia. Very important for Russia to win Gold in an election year.

Apparently Devils didn't really want him back but couldn't work out a sign and trade. Teams not willing to give to much on cap or term. And trade return wasn't great. Next year he apparently will be FA somif he comes back he can negotiate with only th teams he is interested in.
TBE, Kovalchuk will end up with the team that offers him the most $$$.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Tyler Johnson signs 7 year, 35 million deal. Cap is 5 million per. Ok Bo, do a 4 year 5 million deal.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:Tyler Johnson signs 7 year, 35 million deal. Cap is 5 million per. Ok Bo, do a 4 year 5 million deal.
Takes him directly to ufa
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Tyler Johnson signs 7 year, 35 million deal. Cap is 5 million per. Ok Bo, do a 4 year 5 million deal.
Takes him directly to ufa
Should we over pay a bit to try and buy a few UFA years? Should we offer a 2-3 year show me/ bridge deal? Both have merit.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think both ideas have merit. I'd go a two year bridge or a 7 or 8 year deal. It gets greasy if he signs a four or five year deal because it sends the signal he's looking at being a ufa at 26 or 27. Maybe the last two season have worn on the kid. Desjardins starting him on the 4th line, Sutter getting a lot more pp minutes despite being an inferior player. These guys only have a short time in the league. Maybe a guy doesn't want to play in one city his entire career especially if the team is a tire fire. I hope they sign him to as long of a deal as possible.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We have to sign Horvat to something similar to what the Devils gave Schneider. If not Gillis loses that trade for us BIG TIME!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:We have to sign Horvat to something similar to what the Devils gave Schneider. If not Gillis loses that trade for us BIG TIME!
Lol the trade is the trade. If Horvat signs a four year deal and leaves that has nothing to do with Eye Bags. Elmer ( god help his booze filled soul) will have had seven years on the job by then. When does it become his team ? Maybe he should have smacked Willie in the mouth when he spent the last year fucking Horvat around.