Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Mickey107 »

Lancer wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Cornuck wrote:You talking about this? If NHL players are too fragile to hear this, I think they're in the wrong league.
In that respect, Sutter knows what to expect Tuesday from Goldobin and is hoping to see an added dimension.

“When he has the puck he makes pretty good plays,” said Sutter. “The challenge for him is the other side of it, what to do without the puck and that takes some time to really learn it. You have to have the want to get the puck to go into the corners and the hard areas.

“To do that, you have to have grit and balls and he has to find that.”
http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nh ... cks-lineup
More to the point.... who the hell is Sutter to talk about grit and balls ? He's one the biggest wimps in the league.
The season he's had, you're not wrong Blobber. Mind you, if he's saying that what does that make Goldobin?
A piece of clay to mold. But, um, Sutter?
Only if it's; Do as I say, not as I do.
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

From what I've seen of Goldie although minimal. I agree with Sutter totally whether he is the guy to call him out or not.... :?:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Holy shit, that's a brutal call-out?!

Are some of you guys getting soft? If a vet who has that many NHL games under his belt can't push a young guy with only a few, who can?

What? Only 5 time Stanley Cup winners, point a game players with 1,000pts can talk? Ridiculous. You might not like the guy, but he's earned his right.... and he's not wrong. Kids need a balance of tough love and a reality check, as well as mentors to say "Hey kid, you did well" when they do.

Yeah, Goldy got some skills. Guess what? Everybody in the NHL has got some. If he wants an NHL career, he'll listen.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hank wrote:Holy shit, that's a brutal call-out?!

Are some of you guys getting soft? If a vet who has that many NHL games under his belt can't push a young guy with only a few, who can?

What? Only 5 time Stanley Cup winners, point a game players with 1,000pts can talk? Ridiculous. You might not like the guy, but he's earned his right.... and he's not wrong. Kids need a balance of tough love and a reality check, as well as mentors to say "Hey kid, you did well" when they do.

Yeah, Goldy got some skills. Guess what? Everybody in the NHL has got some. If he wants an NHL career, he'll listen.
You are absolutely right, that is not in question.

The irony, that has some folks around town, taking sides, (or whatever you want to call it), is that they feel Sutter is soft in exactly the part of the game which he refers to.

But; Just to confuse things a little more, some think we haven't seen a truly healthy Sutter yet.

And on and on and on.

My personal feeling is, he is a little soft.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No he's a lot soft. What's next Eriksson or Edler calling someone out after their garbage seasons? The remaining veterans other than Miller , Tanev and Biega have been a joke on this team for two years. Overpaid and under producing with a retard for a coach. Great environment for young kids to learn.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:No he's a lot soft. What's next Eriksson or Edler calling someone out after their garbage seasons? The remaining veterans other than Miller , Tanev and Biega have been a joke on this team for two years. Overpaid and under producing with a retard for a coach. Great environment for young kids to learn.

You forget the importance of having a "winning culture".

It's not found in the win/loss column of the team or the goals, assists or accomplishments of individuals but in the hearts and minds of the players or something along those lines... if you drink the Kool-Aid. :drink:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

It is called Leadership.

Bubbles, get your broom, you missed a spot.
Last edited by Topper on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mentoring, (hate that word), leadership, advice through experience, whatever a veteran has learned through his time in the league should be passed on to the younger players. This is like "Well Duh".
It should be happening all the time and we shouldn't often even hear about it, except when a young fellow or a rookie is interviewed and says, (Well so and so has really helped me out). That's when we can feel good about "leadership".
Miller having a little chat with Goldy at center ice was nice to see too.

Calling out the flaws in a young guy's game through the media, unexpectedly without warning, is stupid and self-serving.
It just seems like blowing one's own horn for some king of brownie points. Good way to create a rift in the room.

If your wanting to be a team leader, then do it the right way......
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Goldy's a big boy & he did play better last night, so ya need to chill out mick.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

SKYO wrote:Goldy's a big boy & he did play better last night, so ya need to chill out mick.
Totally right SKYO. Mick, take a big ol' swig or toke on something :mex:

Players get called out all the time... by the coach, by the GM, by other teams, by other team's owners, by the refs etc. Professional athlete. Better learn to grow some skin.

The other day, I was called out at the bench in a co-ed game by my own defense partner. I said to her, "Fuck you bitch, mind your own gap!"

Then we were good.
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Hank wrote:
SKYO wrote:Goldy's a big boy & he did play better last night, so ya need to chill out mick.

Players get called out all the time... by the coach, by the GM, by other teams, by other team's owners, by the refs etc. Professional athlete. Better learn to grow some skin.

The other day, I was called out at the bench in a co-ed game by my own defense partner. I said to her, "Fuck you bitch, mind your own gap!"

Then we were good.
Was your partner's gap too loose or too tight??? :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Lancer wrote:
Hank wrote:

Then we were good.
The more important question is, "Did Hank step up his game?" Well, Hank... did you?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cornuck wrote:
Lancer wrote:
Hank wrote:

Then we were good.
The more important question is, "Did Hank step up his game?" Well, Hank... did you?
Corny, have you ever been in a co-ed locker room? It's not the fantasy you think it is!

Lancer, let's just say she didn't need to worry about my gap when Moses could lead his people through hers.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hank wrote:Corny, have you ever been in a co-ed locker room? It's not the fantasy you think it is!
Hank - this is a hockey forum, I'm obviously concerned about your 200' game - while staying on the subject of motivating team mates. Sounds like you have an attitude problem and should probably be sent down.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cornuck wrote:
Hank wrote:Corny, have you ever been in a co-ed locker room? It's not the fantasy you think it is!
Hank - this is a hockey forum, I'm obviously concerned about your 200' game - while staying on the subject of motivating team mates. Sounds like you have an attitude problem and should probably be sent down.
Are you calling out my 200 ft game publicly on this here GD Hockey Message Board?!? I'm thin-skinned, ya know?

According to the Mick, you're not motivating a talent like me in the right way. This isn't leadership!

TBH Corny, I don't think I can be sent down any lower than I already am :cry: