The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I didn't say it won hockey games, it was just an observation about the leagues softest team. I guess you like teams that are tiny , thin , slow and shitty
I dont like the Toronto Maple Smurfs, you do.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I didn't say it won hockey games, it was just an observation about the leagues softest team. I guess you like teams that are tiny , thin , slow and shitty
I'd take their team over this one for sure. They have far more talent and speed even if they are small. I hate the jersey and the city but unlike the Canucks trap they are exciting to watch.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
I'd take their team over this one for sure. They have far more talent and speed even if they are small. I hate the jersey and the city but unlike the Canucks trap they are exciting to watch.
Who's your favourite player? Morgan Reilly? Kadri? Bozak? Girl Face Nylander? Gardiner? Andersson?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think Mathews and Marner are awesome to watch
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Speaking of which...

https://streamable.com/i0mo7
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Who's your favourite player? Morgan Reilly? Kadri? Bozak? Girl Face Nylander? Gardiner? Andersson?
LOL. How many guys would love to look like William Nylander?

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BigTuna wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
LOL. How many guys would love to look like William Nylander?

Girly?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I think Mathews and Marner are awesome to watch in the shower
:?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BigTuna wrote:Image
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:How many guys would love to look like William Nylander?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Strangelove wrote:
How many guys would start projectile vomiting if their girlfriends who looked like William Nylander was actually William Nylander?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
BTW, remember when you said Kadri wasn't a top 6 forward on a good team? He has 24 goals, 46 points and is creeping up on the league leaders in points. He's on pace for over 35 goals, 65 points. And he's playing great defensively AND the leaves are in a playoff spot.

And his 4.5 million contract looks like an absolute steal. He would have gotten over 6 million per this summer easy.

46 points is more than your #1 centre Bo Horvat has. In fact, it's more than anyone on the Canucks.

How will Matthews get signed you ask, because of moves like getting Kadri for 4.5 million per through his prime years and not signing crap like Lucic.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Tuna, the leaves had quite a few smurfs dressed last night - Brown, Nylander, Carrick, Shoshnikov etc. I'd couint Short guy Smith but he's got some weight. When Marner comes back how many more shrimps do you expect to dress along side those 5 smurfs? You keep going on about smurfs - Bracco, Kapanen, Leipsic, Dermott, Johnsson to name a few like you fully expect them to one day dress along side the current 5 smurfs. That would make over half the skaters in the leaves line-up SMURFETTES. You know, I know, the hockey world knows that you simply cannot dress that many smurfs on a team when generally, most NHL hockey teams dress 3 to 4 AT THE MOST!

What Says You
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: BTW, remember when you said Kadri wasn't a top 6 forward on a good team?
Well he's not on a good team, he's on a defenseless run-n-gun clown squad.
BigTuna wrote: He's on pace for over 35 goals, 65 points.
He's on pace for 34 goals (not much of a diff, just wondering why you exaggerate everything).

Like I said, Leaves are a run-n-gun clown squad this year.

Prior to this season he had 81 goals in 326 games = 20 goals-per-season pace.

He'll drop back in goal-scoring when the Leaves figure out they have to play some defense at some point.
BigTuna wrote: And he's playing great defensively
You're talking about a guy who is never on the Penalty Kill. EVER.

If he was so "great defensively" you'd think they'd put him on a penalty kill sometime.

Speaking of special teams, 10 of his 24 goals have come on the Power Play. Unsustainable.
BigTuna wrote: And his 4.5 million contract looks like an absolute steal. He would have gotten over 6 million per this summer easy.
Fluke season goal-wise, he's not worth $4.5M.
BigTuna wrote: 46 points is more than your #1 centre Bo Horvat has. In fact, it's more than anyone on the Canucks.
Lol Canucks are a rebuilding defense-first team... Bo would score 50 goals on the Leaves!
BigTuna wrote: How will Matthews get signed you ask, because of moves like getting Kadri for 4.5 million per through his prime years and not signing crap like Lucic.
If Matthews keeps putting up these numbers... thanks run-n-gun team!

... he'll be among the the highest paid players in the league 2 years from now.

At the end of the day folks will say Lucic was no more overpaid than Kadri.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

WIth these MASSIVE contracts coming soon to the leaves via Matthews and Marner, especially Matthews (think $10 million per), how are the leaves going to satisfy BigTuna with BigTuna going on about this amazing pool of talent in TeeOH? Are the Toronto Maple Smurfs Cap Exempt? I guarantee you that the leaves will have to hand out to Mathews per close to what the Sedins make COMBINED per! How else are they going to keep the Latino native of Sunny Arizona happy in the frozen tundra called Ontario? "SHOW ME THE MONEY!"