The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by herb »

Yeah, Kessel's a chubby, unphysical, offense first guy. But he skates like the wind, and can shoot the puck like few others can.

How good would he look in say Chicago on the second line with Hossa? In a somewhat secondary role where he is not the go to guy, he would be great. Problem is he gets paid to lead his team. A leader, he is not.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

KeyserSoze wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Not even close. Horton got more money in Columbus and he's barely going to play this season.

And Reimer played over his head...his numbers were the same as his rookie season. Lol. The leaves are an up-and-coming powerhouse in the East.
And now, fittingly, the Leaves own it.

(And bonus points for the "up-and-coming powerhouse in the East" quote)
Ouch!

In other Leaves news, I think I just found a Leaves fan I may not hate:
http://nesn.com/2015/03/maple-leaves-bur ... rated-fan/
Groovypippin
AHL Prospect

Post by Groovypippin »

Hockey Widow wrote:I actually give Kessel props for sticking up for Dianna. I too love the jab at management, you know, the ones that built the team. A lot of dysfunction in that room. Wonder if they will be able to complete the tear down this summer.
I think it finally will be. Looks like ownership finally understands the necessity of tearing it down to the studs and understands that there are enough Leaf fans in the GTA to sell out every game even in the depths of a full re-build. So why don't do a full re-build. Hell, there even exists a slim possibility of getting a top 3 pick this year - which would hyper-accelerate the process.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

vic wrote:http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/-1997197.htm
Gall Legge Grant & Munroe LLP Release a Statement on Behalf of Their Clients Dion Phaneuf, Elisha Cuthbert and Joffrey Lupul.
lol at Anthony Adragna....
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2015/03/03 ... um=twitter
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Clearly the guy doesn't understand that when he tweets something he is "publishing" something and if untrue is defamatory. Trying to blame just TSN is so lame. Own it duffus, get a lawyer, apologize, and move on. It's clowns like this that I'd love to see take a hit. They just feel so entitled to say what they want and there should be no consequences. Sure he was probably just trying to be funny, yada, yada, yada. But when you so called humour is at someone else's expense be man enough to own it. Or, prove its true!
The only HW the Canucks need
BurningBeard
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:Clearly the guy doesn't understand that when he tweets something he is "publishing" something and if untrue is defamatory. Trying to blame just TSN is so lame. Own it duffus, get a lawyer, apologize, and move on. It's clowns like this that I'd love to see take a hit. They just feel so entitled to say what they want and there should be no consequences. Sure he was probably just trying to be funny, yada, yada, yada. But when you so called humour is at someone else's expense be man enough to own it. Or, prove its true!
I think the lawsuit looks good on TSN myself. I also feel bad for Aaronp18. Oh, wait, it's some other guy, never mind.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Well the Leaves can finally pat themselves on the back. They found a way to win a game.....it may have taken their opponent's starter and backup getting hurt, but hey, they got it done. :lol:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Sure, Phil. Are you not the one who signed on to collected $27 million over 5 year and are are now in year one of of a 8 year deal that is paying you $10 million this year and next? Are you not the highest paid player on the team and chew up around 15% of the teams cap space?

You may not have built the team but like it or not, you signed on to be the cornerstone.

Caught a bit of TSN yesterday and listened to the heart tugging apology ....... and then the pitchforking of Phil for daring to criticize the 5th estate. LOL Journalism at it's shallowest.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Sloppy.... TSN even if was only on the screen for a few... seconds.

But what makes the rich+famous look worse though?

THAT... or publicly threatening to sue a teenager? :crazy:

Could have been a typo anyway.

Perhaps he meant to type "life"... referring to a slang teenage expression

... which roughly translates to 'making one's life better'.

Does anyone think players opposing Dion might now slightly vary the old Say Hello To Kelly line?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Shanahan reaches out to season ticket holders with two piecs of good news.

1) no increases in ticket prices :mrgreen: this one has to hurt the share holders

2) a full rebuild is in fact on, contrary to what anyone else might have suggested. A swip at Nonis who on draft day said no, not really, we still need to keep our core who can support the process. In fact he said no fire sale. Shanghai suggested the Horton contract may be used to help the team reach to floor, again in contrast to what No is implied.

Also a full change in coaching staff will be implemented but remained silent on management changes.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Rumsfeld »

Do you guys wear your Phaneuf jerseys while you hammer out your five daily posts about the leaves? LOL.

And everyone gets pissed at the media for focusing on Toronto...
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote:Do you guys wear your Phaneuf jerseys while you hammer out your five daily posts about the leaves? LOL.

And everyone gets pissed at the media for focusing on Toronto...
Rummy, you know I love you, but I don't think you're grasping the idea of total hatred.

The best thing about social media is that Leaf players can now truly feel the hatred.

LOL even their ex-coach "said" the other day that he watches the Leaves

... and cheers for them to lose. :twisted:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/03/02 ... the-leaves/

SO awesome.

One might even argue that WE THE PEOPLE caused the Leaves' meltdown!!!

I hate the media-coddling when the Leaves are doing well.

I love the media-pressure when the Leaves start to slide.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Jokinen chiming in...
@reporterchris

Olli Jokinen says he thinks #leaves players "pay too much attention to what people say on the outside."
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

HAHA "on the outside" makes it sound like they're in a nut house. :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The team that keeps on giving

http://www.tsn.ca/leaves-f-kadri-misses- ... e-1.225565

This team really does need to trade their top players and get a whole new crop of players with both skill and some brains. Thanks TO, you always have a way of making the rest of league look good.