Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:.

Sabres sign Zac Dalpe...

http://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/2014/0 ... zac-dalpe/

*yawn, fart*

We should have traded him for Myers when we had the chance :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Nashville signs Forwards Mike Ribeiro and Derek Roy to 1-year deals.

Ribiero for $1.05M and Roy for $1M.

Not a huge risk for the Predators. Ribeiro potted 47 points in Phoenix (Arizona) last year, and Roy 37 with St Louis.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Nashville signs Forwards Mike Ribeiro and Derek Roy to 1-year deals.

Not a huge risk for the Predators. Ribeiro potted 47 points in Phoenix (Arizona) last year, and Roy 37 with St Louis.
With Fisher being gone for half a season they needed to add some points. Low risk for them at this point. Curious why the Yotes bought Ribiero out, doesn't sound like substance abuse as the NHL has not stepped in. Must be one weird dude.
Betamax
CC Veteran

Post by Betamax »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Nashville signs Forwards Mike Ribeiro and Derek Roy to 1-year deals.

With Fisher being gone for half a season they needed to add some points. Low risk for them at this point. Curious why the Yotes bought Ribiero out, doesn't sound like substance abuse as the NHL has not stepped in. Must be one weird dude.
Uh, maybe that's David Booth's next destination as well. :hmmm:

Imagine Ribiero and Booth on the same line. Magic on ice .................. not sure about off ice, though. :mex:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote:

Sounds like he left his wife behind, and maybe had a bit too much fun? He admitted there were problems with his marriage, and the team said he was missing meetings, late for meetings, got into heated arguments with Tippett. Sounds like quite the gongshow.
Ribeiro signed a 4-year, $22-million deal with the Coyotes last summer, moving his family out west. But his life was turned upside down when he and his wife separated during the season.

“I didn’t really see my children during the year. I think that made me not focus on my job. I was not focused. Not committed to my job because of my issues. I just wanted the year to be over so I could focus on them,” he said.

That lack of focus manifested in missed meetings, missed team buses and occasional shouting matches in the Coyotes locker room.
Well, at least he's got all that free buyout money to fall back on. Ribeiro will be paid $1.9M per year to NOT play for the Coyotes, until 2019-20, when he'll be 40. Not bad.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Sounds like he left his wife behind, and maybe had a bit too much fun? He admitted there were problems with his marriage, and the team said he was missing meetings, late for meetings, got into heated arguments with Tippett. Sounds like quite the gongshow.
Ribeiro signed a 4-year, $22-million deal with the Coyotes last summer, moving his family out west. But his life was turned upside down when he and his wife separated during the season.

“I didn’t really see my children during the year. I think that made me not focus on my job. I was not focused. Not committed to my job because of my issues. I just wanted the year to be over so I could focus on them,” he said.

That lack of focus manifested in missed meetings, missed team buses and occasional shouting matches in the Coyotes locker room.
Well, at least he's got all that free buyout money to fall back on. Ribeiro will be paid $1.9M per year to NOT play for the Coyotes, until 2019-20, when he'll be 40. Not bad.

Even after his wife gets the obligatory 50% he will still be able to live comfortably :mrgreen:

Of course child support will eat another 25%. Good thing he got that million dollar contract with Nashville, otherwise he would be poverty stricken.

Ok so the issues were personal and personality related. Kinda drastic for the Yotes to dump him though. He must have been a major major locker room cancer.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Will David Booth ever play in the NHL again?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

RoyalDude wrote:Will David Booth ever play in the NHL again?
Maybe when Mike Gillis gets another GM job?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

David Booth makes more money to not play hockey than Mike Santorelli makes to play hockey.
mathonwy
CC Veteran

Post by mathonwy »

Ribeiro for 1.05M is GREAT value. Low risk for potentially high reward. Smart and cunning player that still has pretty soft hands. Nice dual signing by the Preds.
Boston Canucker
CC Veteran

Post by Boston Canucker »

Booth is praying so, literally..which raises a question, if the Devils offered to sign him, would he decline?
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Boston Canucker wrote:
Booth is praying so, literally..which raises a question, if the Devils offered to sign him, would he decline?
Booth will fit into a bottom 6 role with a team pretty easily for $1.5mil or less. I would be surprised if he doesn't get a contract
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Canuck-One
AHL Prospect

Post by Canuck-One »

David Booth is an NHL quality player. Unfortunately he never truly got a chance in Vancouver. He isn't a 40 goal or even 30 goal guy but 20 isn't out of the question with someone who can feed him the puck.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Tciso wrote: Booth will fit into a bottom 6 role with a team pretty easily for $1.5mil or less. I would be surprised if he doesn't get a contract
Not so sure about that. Seems like the type of guy that might get an invite to camp and try to prove he's still got it. Can't see many teams just gifting him a contract at this stage.
ClamRussel
CC Veteran

Post by ClamRussel »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Tciso wrote: Booth will fit into a bottom 6 role with a team pretty easily for $1.5mil or less. I would be surprised if he doesn't get a contract
Not so sure about that. Seems like the type of guy that might get an invite to camp and try to prove he's still got it. Can't see many teams just gifting him a contract at this stage.
After his strong finish to the season (when he finally got healthy) he shouldn't need to be on a tryout. The guy isn't a 30+ goal scorer anymore but he is big, hits, hustles & can score 20+ if he stays healthy. Perhaps Detroit brings him home. He certainly brings more to the table than Bertuzzi did the past few years.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy