Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospects'14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospect

Post by SKYO »

reading over rumours on hf about which teams are interested in who, with scouts, gm's, sources saying info..

Florida - Nylander, Ehlers (why they wouldn't mind trading down)

Buffalo - Ekblad or Reinhart or smokescreen Draisaitl

Edm - Draisaitl, Bennett, Reinhart, Ekblad

Flames - Bennett - MDC - Ritchie - Reinhart or smokescreen Draisaitl,
rumours maybe Burkie wanting his big dman he always tries to get ala Pronger, going after #1 to get top dman Ekblad.

Kings - McKeown , Scherbak

Ducks - Ehlers, Milano

Jets - Virtanen

NYR - Scherbak

Habs - Scherbak

Yotes - Fabbri, Barbashev, Kapanen

leaves - Nylander, Ritchie
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Betamax
CC Veteran

Post by Betamax »

via: http://www.isshockey.com/iss-releases-f ... aft-guide/

ISS Hockey Final Ranked Prospects For 2014 NHL Draft

About
For Players
ISS Top 30
Products
Company News

ISS Releases Final Rankings & 2014 NHL Draft Guide

Posted by: ISShockey | on June 3, 2014
NHLDraftGuideSample

With amateur hockey seasons and the NHL Combine completed, ISS Hockey has released its final pre-draft rankings in the 2014 ISS NHL Draft Guide. Bigger and better than ever, the industry-leading guide provides the most comprehensive analysis and preview of the upcoming NHL Draft.

June 3, 2014 [Guelph, ON] ISS Hockey announces the release of its final player rankings for the upcoming NHL Draft to be held on June 27-28, 2014 in Philadelphia. The rankings are featured in the newly released 2014 ISS NHL Draft Guide.

The industry leading ISS NHL Draft Guide provides the most comprehensive analysis and preview of the NHL Draft. Bigger and Better than ever with over 150 pages, the guide features:

▪ Rankings of the top 220 NHL draft eligible prospects, as determined by ISS Hockey’s worldwide scouting staff, including rankings by positions

▪ Detailed Scouting Reports for all ranked prospects, including grading of skills, analysis of strengths & weaknesses, NHL potential, NHL player comparisons, scout comments, and more

▪ Historical Draft and System Analysis for each NHL team, analyzing past drafts and free agency outlooks

▪ Picks of the top Wildcards & Sleepers in the draft, those players who are not highly rated, but ISS feels are likely to develop into impact players in the future

▪ Top 5 players in 14 categories – Skating, Puck Handling, Scoring, Playmaking, Toughness, Offensive Defenseman, Defensive Defenseman, Faceoffs, Best Little Guy, Defensive Forward, Puck Protection, Hardest Shot, Under Rated, and Over Rated

▪ ISS Mock Draft, as picked by the consensus of ISS Hockey’s scouts

▪ An outlook on the next two NHL Drafts, with rankings of the Top 50 prospects for 2015 and Top 30 prospects for 2016

ISS Hockey’s scouting information and the technology tools provided by ISS parent company HockeyTech are vital tools used by NHL teams in their day-to-day evaluations of prospects and players. For hockey fans and fantasy players, the ISS NHL Draft Guide has become the “bible” for providing the vital information needed to truly understand the NHL Draft from the eyes of professional scouts and NHL GMs. ISS scouts have been tracking the prospects eligible for the NHL Draft for years (typically from the age of fourteen), so they have unique knowledge of the strengths, weaknesses and probabilities for success at the NHL level for these young men.

The hockey media also relies upon the ISS Hockey rankings in their coverage of draft prospects. The Hockey News features ISS information in their just released annual Draft Preview edition. TSN publishes ISS rankings monthly and includes ISS rankings in their on TV coverage of draft prospects.

While ISS Hockey scouting information is exclusively available to professional and elite amateur teams all season, the ISS NHL Draft Guide is the only annual opportunity for fans to “Get What the Pros Use!” To order or get more info, go to: http://ISShockey.com/nhldraftguide

Below is the Final ISS Top 30, highlighting the final rankings of the top 30 prospects for the NHL Draft.

ISS Hockey Final Ranked Prospects For 2014 NHL Draft
Rank

Player

Position

Birth

Shot

Height

Weight

Team

League
1 Reinhart, Sam C 11/6/1995 R 6.00.75 185 Kootenay WHL
2 Ekblad, Aaron D 2/7/1996 R 6.03.5 216 Barrie OHL
3 Dal Colle, Michael C 6/20/1996 L 6.01.5 182 Oshawa OHL
4 Bennett, Sam C 6/20/1996 L 6.00.25 178 Kingston OHL
5 Nylander, William RW 5/1/1996 R 5.11 176 Modo SweE
6 Draisaitl, Leon C 10/27/1995 L 6.01.5 204 Prince Albert WHL
7 Virtanen, Jake RW 8/17/1996 R 6.00.75 208 Calgary WHL
8 Fabbri, Robby C 1/22/1996 L 5.10.25 170 Guelph OHL
9 Perlini, Brendan LW 4/27/1996 L 6.02.75 205 Niagara OHL
10 Ritchie, Nicholas LW 12/5/1995 L 6.02.25 226 Peterborough OHL
:mex:
BingoTough
CC Veteran

Post by BingoTough »

Is anybody else depressed that this years draftees were born two years after the Canucks trip to the final in '94?

I'm starting to worry that the Canucks won't win a cup before I die (and I'm only 35). :hmmm:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BingoTough wrote:Is anybody else depressed that this years draftees were born two years after the Canucks trip to the final in '94?

I'm starting to worry that the Canucks won't win a cup before I die (and I'm only 35). :hmmm:
We will win 2 in the next 8 years..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SKYO wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Apparently another 2 points today for Virtanen at the World U-18's

I'm leaning back to Jake now

Liked how him and Ekblad had there own personal war against each other in that prospect game, laying out vicious hits on each other throughout the game, kid seems like he has a little jarkko ruutu/Matt Cooke running through his veins when it comes to viscous hits. I like that
I hope someone's recording the livestreams and putting up youtube vid's of some of these potential 1st round draftees. As I'm mixed on Nylander, Virtanen, Ritchie, Ehlers.

I still think moving up a few spots to acquire Reinhart is the best plan for this franchises future long term success, much more so than acquiring a good winger with 6th overall, and then just go for a winger or dman in the 2nd round.
And my OG plan of trying to move up to get Reinhart might becoming into fruition. :D
Gary Mason was on the TEAM1040. (Vancouver Radio) and said that 3 senior NHL scouts say Benning going hard after the #1 pick to take Reinhart.
Guess we can thank Gillis for hiring Torts that helped crumble this past season so we can land such a high pick at #6 :P , which coincides perfectly for Florida/Tallon targeting Nylander or Ehlers, and we got the dmen that would fulfill their desire for them needing an experienced top 4 dman.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Gary Mason was on the TEAM1040. (Vancouver Radio) and said that 3 senior NHL scouts say Benning going hard after the #1 pick to take Reinhart.
If this is true... really true, then I'm excited; excited about the potential and the future. BUT, having said this, what is the true status of Reinhart?? Is he really the player that he is purported to be?

Here's another thought around Reinhart. IF he is the 'deal' that people say he is, then we shouldn't underestimate what Burke might do on behalf of the Flames. Reinhart's dad was a premier defenceman on the Flames - he has a history with them.... just saying. Burke knows that it would go over well with the Flame fan base to nab him. I don't know if he has the resources to swing the deal with Florida, but it wouldn't suprise me to see him try. Remember, he had the savvy (and balls) to wheel and deal and acquire the Sedins (2nd and 3rd picks over-all). Just food for thought. Seriously though, IF Reinhart is the real deal and Benning finds a way to land him, Benning would rise to 'super-star' status in my eyes.
cc oldtimer
Betamax
CC Veteran

Post by Betamax »

nuckster wrote:
If this is true... really true, then I'm excited; excited about the potential and the future. BUT, having said this, what is the true status of Reinhart?? Is he really the player that he is purported to be?

Here's another thought around Reinhart. IF he is the 'deal' that people say he is, then we shouldn't underestimate what Burke might do on behalf of the Flames. Reinhart's dad was a premier defenceman on the Flames - he has a history with them.... just saying. Burke knows that it would go over well with the Flame fan base to nab him. I don't know if he has the resources to swing the deal with Florida, but it wouldn't suprise me to see him try. Remember, he had the savvy (and balls) to wheel and deal and acquire the Sedins (2nd and 3rd picks over-all). Just food for thought. Seriously though, IF Reinhart is the real deal and Benning finds a way to land him, Benning would rise to 'super-star' status in my eyes.
Well, no one is projecting Reinhart to be the next Superstar Centre. But if the Canucks' are going with a "Boston Model", they don't need said player to be a franchise centre. Look at the top two Centres' on the Bruins: Krejčí and Bergeron.

If one day, Reinhart and Horvat could be a reasonable facsimile to them, then the Canucks are set at centre. Now, they just need to get that franchise Defenceman ... that's where they trade for Tyler Myers or hope that they can turn Edler into that ....... and also find a Vezina caliber goalie (that's where they sign The Cory as a UFA) ... LOL. :mex:

Anyway, on the TSN Radio in Toronto, there was some rumor talk about them putting up a package for the No. 1 pick that would involve Phaneuf, Kadri and their 8th pick for Jovo and the No. 1 pick. :hmmm:

Also reported in the Toronto Sun:

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/06/03/ma ... -no-1-pick

As an objective 3rd party, would a Garrison, Jensen/Gaunce and the 6th pick be a better offer than what the leaves' are allegedly offering? I think the Canucks might have to add more ..... 8-)
Boston Canucker
CC Veteran

Post by Boston Canucker »

I'd be more comfortable dealing Tanev or Corrado plus say Hansen (or similar plug and play forward) + #6 pick for # pick than putting Jensen or Gaunce in that deal. Jensen had his first real burst on to the scene, and shows real potential as a sniper, and Gaunce has been buried in depth chart by Horvat, but I suspect Benning will want to keep him, a big body, young guy who could be perfect for the 3rd line role - smart player, not maybe a top 6 guy but if you got Reinhart, and had Reinhart, Horvat, Guance down the middle for the next 5-10 years, that could be a bright future.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Betamax wrote:
nuckster wrote:
Anyway, on the TSN Radio in Toronto, there was some rumor talk about them putting up a package for the No. 1 pick that would involve Phaneuf, Kadri and their 8th pick for Jovo and the No. 1 pick. :hmmm:

As an objective 3rd party, would a Garrison, Jensen/Gaunce and the 6th pick be a better offer than what the leaves' are allegedly offering? I think the Canucks might have to add more ..... 8-)
Problem with the 8th pick is Florida's preferred choice Nylander and probably even Ehlers will in all likelihood be drafted by then.

#6 is the sweet spot to get Nylander just right outside the top 5.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:
Betamax wrote: Anyway, on the TSN Radio in Toronto, there was some rumor talk about them putting up a package for the No. 1 pick that would involve Phaneuf, Kadri and their 8th pick for Jovo and the No. 1 pick. :hmmm:

Problem with the 8th pick is Florida's preferred choice Nylander and probably even Ehlers will in all likelihood be drafted by then.

Tallon gets orgasmic when he talks about Ehlers.

Ehlers could be gone by the time the 8th pick rolls around.

So IF Tallon wants him, I'm sure he'd be more inclined to strike a deal with the Canucks.

6th > 8th amirite? :mex:

Having said that I don't believe the Phaneuf+Kadri+8th "rumour".

6th + Garrison + Higgins/Hansen is as high as I'd go.

(Tallon has stated his team needs vets right now to lead their wealth of youngsters)

(lots of love for Garrison in Florida still, and some say Garry left his heart in Florida)
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote:
Betamax wrote: Anyway, on the TSN Radio in Toronto, there was some rumor talk about them putting up a package for the No. 1 pick that would involve Phaneuf, Kadri and their 8th pick for Jovo and the No. 1 pick. :hmmm:

Tallon gets orgasmic when he talks about Ehlers.

Ehlers could be gone by the time the 8th pick rolls around.

So IF Tallon wants him, I'm sure he'd be more inclined to strike a deal with the Canucks.

6th > 8th amirite? :mex:

Having said that I don't believe the Phaneuf+Kadri+8th "rumour".

6th + Garrison + Higgins/Hansen is as high as I'd go.

(Tallon has stated his team needs vets right now to lead their wealth of youngsters)

(lots of love for Garrison in Florida still, and some say Garry left his heart in Florida)
No doubt, Tallon knows if he doesn't get help for his young guns asap they'll be like the Oilers..and no team wants that. *shudders*
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Higgins and Hansen, Doc? We'd be lucky to get a bag of pucks for those two in the trade market as those two useless tweeners are just as easily replaced in the open UFA market without losing any assets. They are filler players, no real value, shit a player on the farm could have as much affect as those two. Garrison? Holy hell man.The Canucks will have to give up something we won't want to give up if we want to be a player for Florida's 1st, bottom line. With Edler not willing to waive as he just bought a house and with his woman about to give birth to child, who do we have to spare that is a worthy enough asset to wet Tallons palette? Nothing. Unless we start talking about Horvat, Kassian or Tanev. Thats how badly ole players agent depleted the depth of this team.

The only way we get the parts for Florida's 1st is by using some assets received in a possible Kesler trade. It's the only way. I just don't see us parting with Kassian, Horvat or Tanev, nor do I want to.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Islanders, Oilers and Panthers need to start winning. Fortunately for us, Kevin Lowe lives for high draft picks and loves tanking cause he still thinks he can recreate the Gretzky era in Edmonton again.

The Islanders should be totally open for business but thanks to ole players agent making like a players agent and taking care of his players with NTC's, the likes of Kesler will not waive to got their. Same goes for Florida.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mondi wrote:Hansen and Corrado have limited value.

Tanev has some.

Going from #6 to #1 will take more than those players plus our pick.
Agree
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Dude, I know Garrison/Higgins/Hansen just happen to be 3 guys you look down your nose at

... but they do have value around the league.

And all 3 are signed a lot cheaper than you'd get as UFAs this summer

(Cap going up, TONS of money available).

And don't forget we're taking back Jovo (cap-dump) in this deal!

I dunno, switch Higgins/Hansen with Jensen?

Or throw in our 2rd/3rd rounder (get a pick back in a secondary trade)

We're talking about moving up 5 spots.

No way is that gonna cost a top 4 dee PLUS a Horvat/Kassian. :scowl:

From what I read, most Panther fans who would consider such a trade want Garrison.

THEY love him a helluva lot more than YOU do.

(they'd rather have him than Tanev)

They WANT him, he was awesome for them (they're not going to land a UFA anything like him).

6th + Garrison + Jensen/Higgins/Hansen/2nd gets 'er done for sure Dude. :thumbs:

1st + Jovo.

Last edited by Strangelove on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.