From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by herb »

coco_canuck wrote:It's like he's finally seeing what everyone else in the hockey world has been watching for the last couple of years. His team is aging, slow, lack-talent and have mediocre conditioning.
Have you not seen Michael Cammalleri's Reebok commercials? Dude's a beast! :lol:
Vpete
CC Veteran

Post by Vpete »

Just go over and look at all the thread titles in the "Fire on Ice" forum.

sit back

smile

click one

read a few pages

chuckle

smile

repeat.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
tantalum
CC Veteran

Post by tantalum »

If I were a Flames fan I'd be ticked off that for the second year in a row at the deadline the team couldn't decide which way they wanted to go and were paralyzed because of it. On the other hand at least they didn't throw away second rounders at bad players.
Vpete
CC Veteran

Post by Vpete »

I love the love of Jokinen over there( been a bountiful slut lately).

Guy is having a contract year playing at .10 points/game higher than the year he came to Calgary (.82 vs.72) and the minions are all offended that he might leave because Sportsnet says so.

Base your top line around a 33 year old centre in contract year. Love The Flames, how can you not?
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
dhabums
CC Veteran

Post by dhabums »

Flames lose in the last minute then Jokinen injures Cammi with a slapshot in the head from his own end with seconds left. As a believer in karma, I am not publicly taking joy in the event but rather just sayin'.
Larry Goodenough
AHL Prospect

Post by Larry Goodenough »

dhabums wrote:Flames lose in the last minute then Jokinen injures Cammi with a slapshot in the head from his own end with seconds left. As a believer in karma, I am not publicly taking joy in the event but rather just sayin'.

That was unbelievable. Getzlaf scored with 1:18 left to take a 3-2 lead.

You forgot to mention a Calgary d-man skated like his hair was on fire to clear the puck off his own goal line with the goalie pulled first. The puck went over to Jokinen who took a long slapshot to get the puck down the ice. The puck nailed Cammalleri right in the head.

Flames hockey summarized in 3 sentences.
Blaster86
AHL Prospect

Post by Blaster86 »

Well, the fact the Flames are only 5 wins behind us has the kids over there quite happy with themselves.
tantalum
CC Veteran

Post by tantalum »

Well, except for the fact it's 9 wins behind. They are like an infomercial at times...

The Flames are 9 wins behind the canucks

BUT WAIT

If we take away shootout wins it's only 5 wins

BUT WAIT

Taking that further it means when the game of hockey is played the teams aren't very far apart. So ignoring the skills competition the Flames are a contender.

Honest.

FACTS are the Flames have scored 39 goals less and let in 21 more. That's a huge effing difference between the teams.

FACTS are the "skills competition" exists and teams use success in it to propel them to playoff spots and division wins. If the shootout didn't exist teams would play differently so you can't just dismiss such results and say "see see see".
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL Bingo's mongos are at it again. Yes you can spin the stats any way you want to I guess. They have how many loser points ??? Fucking 12 !~! :lol: Where would that team be without OTL's and SOL's ??? They would be the Coilers without a future.

As an asside that Textcritic cat seems like a real bitter dude. Like really, really angry in his life. :mex: I have some purple cush for ya bro. :thumbs:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

CalPuke is the biggest reason why cousins shouldn't marry.
tantalum
CC Veteran

Post by tantalum »

Reefer2 wrote:CalPuke is the biggest reason why cousins shouldn't marry.
Vpete
CC Veteran

Post by Vpete »

Even the drama with the team is taking on Calpuck stupidity as Feaster and Sutter were caught in a rather boisterous yelling match post game with the topic being shoot out selections. REad this a bit on Twitter last night.

haha!
tantalum
CC Veteran

Post by tantalum »

I wonder if both Sutter and Feaster are gone at season's end if (when?) the flames miss the playoffs.

shot selection...go over to bountiful and after the previous shootout loss all you'll hear is how Sutter needs to stop going with the usual guys. So he goes with different guys and now all you hear is about how stupid Sutter is for going with different guys.

It's a team that has relied on Kiprusoff having an outstanding season. Without him they are looking at a lottery pick. yes they've had injuries but ultimately they just aren't very good and they don't have depth. Heck they have a backup whose only role is to open the door on the bench because when they want to rest Kiprusoff they call Irving up to play the game!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

A lot of the mongoloids feel Daniel deserved what he got.

Some dude named AR_6 or six whatever is terrorizing the retards and like good little mongoloids they are taking his bait.

I haven't figured out who the biggest pinhead is on that eyesore of a message board. I've got it nailed down to about 4 or 5.

C'sInMyBlood
zamler
Bertuzzied
Mel
D'Arcy Blackmore.

I have no idea how you do it Blaster. I'd like to know who diane phaneuf is.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”