Roster Questions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If an overhaul of this team is needed, which of the following players who should MG shop around...

Hank and Danny
12
7%
Edler
44
25%
Booth
45
26%
Higgins
8
5%
Bieksa
15
9%
Ballard
45
26%
Hamhuis
2
1%
None of the above
2
1%
 
Total votes: 173

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Roster Questions

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:00 pm

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: The Sedins game is fading. They will be 33 at the start of next season.
Hmmm Datsyuk signed a 3 year contract extension today, he'll be 36 when it kicks in.

$7.5mil per.

But yeah, stick a fork in the twins. :roll:
Datsyuk is a better player than the twins, come on Doc. The Sedins can't hack the new game.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17351
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Rumsfeld wrote: You gotta admit that Datsyuk is performing far better than most players at 36. He is a truly exceptional player whose two-way game makes him one of the best players in the world, STILL.

But I don't like that contract if I'm a Wings fan. 2 years at 14 million sounds about right. Father time will catch up and probably soon.
Point is it's a tad early to worry about the Sedins.

They've got a Cup in them if they're given some protection.

And they won't be demanding Datsyuk money.

We've got a coupla years to build a new number one line, Sedins + ASSHOLE becoming the 2nd line.

It's all good.

Contenders forever.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Rumsfeld » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Strangelove wrote:It's all good.

Contenders forever.
*high-fives Strangelove while shitting own pants*
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Roster Questions

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:13 pm

For me Doc, the Sedins and the playoffs don't mix. The playoffs is too tight checking, north/south, straight ahead, grind through checks after checks and get the puck to the the net and collapse. The Sedins are too perimeter for how the game is played in the playoffs now.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Rumsfeld » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:14 pm

I wonder if there is ANY trade market for Ballard. Like at all.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: Roster Questions

Post by tantalum » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:16 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:I wonder if there is ANY trade market for Ballard. Like at all.
In a world where Gonchar, Streit and Wideman (last year) get over $5 mil a year you have to think you can get some pucks for him.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17351
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:19 pm

RoyalDude wrote:For me Doc, the Sedins and the playoffs don't mix. The playoffs is too tight checking, north/south, straight ahead, grind through checks after checks and get the puck to the the net and collapse. The Sedins are too perimeter for how the game is played in the playoffs now.
All they need is assholes.

Lots and lots of assholes.

Surround the Sedins with assholes and they'd be a lot more comfortable.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17351
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:I wonder if there is ANY trade market for Ballard. Like at all.
I believe so.

There's gonna be a shortage of top 4 dee available this summer.

I'd say he goes for a 7th round pick as a reclamation project and everybody's happy. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4171
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Rumsfeld » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Strangelove wrote: All they need is assholes.

Lots and lots of assholes.
Hammond Aigs just got wood.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Roster Questions

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:25 pm

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:For me Doc, the Sedins and the playoffs don't mix. The playoffs is too tight checking, north/south, straight ahead, grind through checks after checks and get the puck to the the net and collapse. The Sedins are too perimeter for how the game is played in the playoffs now.
All they need is assholes.

Lots and lots of assholes.

Surround the Sedins with assholes and they'd be a lot more comfortable.
Well, I think this is a huge season for Kassian. It's pretty much put up time for Zack. No more wasted shifts, wasted games. He's got enough experience under his belt now. We need him. If he doesn't show up game in game out, then he is on his way to being the next Dustin Penner, Jim Sandlak type. Never quite getting there. All the tools no tool box.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Eddy Punch Clock » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:33 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Well, I think this is a huge season for Kassian. It's pretty much put up time for Zack. No more wasted shifts, wasted games. He's got enough experience under his belt now. We need him. If he doesn't show up game in game out, then he is on his way to being the next Dustin Penner, Jim Sandlak type. Never quite getting there. All the tools no tool box.
Put him on the first line and keep him there until for at least two months.
2011..... the one that got away.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17351
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Strangelove » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:34 pm

RoyalDude wrote: Well, I think this is a huge season for Kassian. It's pretty much put up time for Zack. No more wasted shifts, wasted games. He's got enough experience under his belt now. We need him. If he doesn't show up game in game out, then he is on his way to being the next Dustin Penner, Jim Sandlak type. Never quite getting there. All the tools no tool box.
Agreed that we need Kassian to have a breakout season.

He's only 22 though so it might be a tad early.

What we REALLY need is to bring in some more assholes through trades or as UFAs.

When you have two weenies in your top 6 (Sedins) and two agitators in your top 6 (Kess + Burr)

.... you NEED those other two top 6 guys to be assholes!

And of course, as we both know, our dee needs to become more assholish.

Gillis has TRIED to make this team more assholish... and failed.

This summer may very well be his last chance.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Roster Questions

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Agreed that we need Kassian to have a breakout season.

He's only 22 though so it might be a tad early.

What we REALLY need is to bring in some more assholes through trades or as UFAs.

When you have two weenies in your top 6 (Sedins) and two agitators in your top 6 (Kess + Burr)

.... you NEED those other two top 6 guys to be assholes!

And of course, as we both know, our dee needs to become more assholish.

Gillis has TRIED to make this team more assholish... and failed.

This summer may very well be his last chance.
Well, I dearly would love Clarkson but he apparently wants to go back home to Ontario to the Leaves. Simmonds would be nice as he is tough as nails but no way Philly is trading him. There just isn't a lot of those types of players out there. And with the way the Bruins are setting the tone of the game now, those types of players are going to be real hard to come by.

The bottom line is, I don't want no Parros, Hordichuk type playing 2 minutes a game on the fourth line only to partake in staged fights with the other teams goon. A complete waste of time and not what we need. We need more big bodies who can crash and bang, skate like the wind, and come with skill. They don't necessarily have to fight and be undisciplined lunatics out there taxing your PK unit all game like slow as a moose Ryan Clowe.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Roster Questions

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Agreed that we need Kassian to have a breakout season.

He's only 22 though so it might be a tad early.

What we REALLY need is to bring in some more assholes through trades or as UFAs.

When you have two weenies in your top 6 (Sedins) and two agitators in your top 6 (Kess + Burr)

.... you NEED those other two top 6 guys to be assholes!

And of course, as we both know, our dee needs to become more assholish.

Gillis has TRIED to make this team more assholish... and failed.

This summer may very well be his last chance.
Zack has enough time on his resume now, it's time for him make a statement now, instead of being an audience member, floating around with late hits, long after the play, that mean nothing. He needs to set the tone, work on his anticipation, get his head into it, instead of his usual react to the play which makes him always behind the play.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Roster Questions

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm like you Doc, I get the feeling that Luongo is going to the Panthers. It won't be earth shattering what we get back, but that is where he is going, IMO. Maybe, just Maybe, the Panthers drafting centre McKinnon in which they'd be crazy not to if Colorado pics Jones in which I think they should. Maybe it makes young centres like Bjugstad or Shore expendable??? How about this,

Luongo
Edler
Schroeder

Bjugstad
Gudbranson
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply