Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22311
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:55 am Haha fuck what would we do for comedy without you guys going at it. I dont want to live in a world without it
UDL, Roberto Macenzzi the Sicilian also wanted to sign Karl Alzner and Andrew Ladd! Two contracts far worse than Loui E’s. The Sicilian likes his slow skating lunch bucket, stone hands, hockey players. Old school
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 18142
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:25 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:55 am Haha fuck what would we do for comedy without you guys going at it. I dont want to live in a world without it
UDL, Roberto Macenzzi the Sicilian also wanted to sign Karl Alzner and Andrew Ladd! Two contracts far worse than Loui E’s. The Sicilian likes his slow skating lunch bucket, stone hands, hockey players. Old school
Dude any defending of Loiu Eriksson whatsoever weakens your position. The guy had 7 fucking hits ALL SEASON.

Hes 6'2" 210lbs. I bet Brandon Reid would outhit him 10 years retired ffs.

Alzner and Ladd also suck but best to leave Loui out of any comparison party
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 18142
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

There is one bright side...he has historically been a streaky player with hot and cold runs lasting entire seasons. Hes at 2 duds so far so is more than due....

Maybe he finds his groove with EP...he cant get much worse
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 24493
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Vin Tanner »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:25 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:55 am Haha fuck what would we do for comedy without you guys going at it. I dont want to live in a world without it
UDL, Roberto Macenzzi the Sicilian also wanted to sign Karl Alzner and Andrew Ladd! Two contracts far worse than Loui E’s. The Sicilian likes his slow skating lunch bucket, stone hands, hockey players. Old school
And yet there’s a post or posts by myself vehemently not wanting anything to do with signing Alzner. Weird...

I wanted both Ladd and Brouwer at reduced term and cap hit but I can see why you would leave that out.

“Tavares is fading fast like Dany Heatley”
“Cap space doesn’t matter” - Idiots

“We need some depth on this team”- Bo Horvat

This is a split sig for those that don’t quite get it.
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 17681
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Micky »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:43 am There is one bright side...he has historically been a streaky player with hot and cold runs lasting entire seasons. Hes at 2 duds so far so is more than due....

Maybe he finds his groove with EP...he cant get much worse
The majority of guys look half decent with longer hair, or at least get away with it.
LE looks ridiculous with that dumb mop.
Start of camp, all the regulars get together and shave it army style.
We'll start from there...
Why? Because your right! It can't get much worse.
"evolution"
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22311
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm telling you right now, Booze McKenzie would be defending a Ladd and Brouwer signing up and down and all the way through the way he defended Ballrard and hair bun Booth, had Jimbro Genius signed the two meatheads.
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 24493
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Vin Tanner »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:33 pm I'm telling you right now, Booze McKenzie would be defending a Ladd and Brouwer signing up and down and all the way through the way he defended Ballrard and hair bun Booth, had Jimbro Genius signed the two meatheads.
They were both acquired in trades... Ballard for a pick and a cap dump and a guy they waived. Boot for two veterans that were on their last legs. There are SEVERAL posts of me saying these moves were poor a year after they were made.

You’re reaching here Spandex
“Cap space doesn’t matter” - Idiots

“We need some depth on this team”- Bo Horvat

This is a split sig for those that don’t quite get it.
User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3094
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by 5thhorseman »

micky107 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:00 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:43 am There is one bright side...he has historically been a streaky player with hot and cold runs lasting entire seasons. Hes at 2 duds so far so is more than due....

Maybe he finds his groove with EP...he cant get much worse
The majority of guys look half decent with longer hair, or at least get away with it.
LE looks ridiculous with that dumb mop.
Start of camp, all the regulars get together and shave it army style.
We'll start from there...
Why? Because your right! It can't get much worse.
Yep. And next day on waivers. Send a message to all the other would-be Canucks.
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 18142
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Lol at Kesler challenging Johansen to a fight from 1000 miles away. RJ stepped on his stick in that scrap but Rk being the chicken shit that he is thinks he somehow won his first ever fight
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 18142
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Sorry it was a twitter challenge...and dont have that so cant link it
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 24493
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Vin Tanner »

Ryan Ellis signs an eight year deal for 6.25 million per. Good player, decent cap hit. Roman Josi is there best D man and criminally underpaid at 4 million per. He has two more years left. His next contract will start with an 8 or 9 instead of a 4.

I wonder if there’s some truth to Nashville shopping Pernell Karl. They have some good young D men coming up.
“Cap space doesn’t matter” - Idiots

“We need some depth on this team”- Bo Horvat

This is a split sig for those that don’t quite get it.
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16947
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

From SportsNet

Edmonton Oilers defenceman Andrej Sekera will be out indefinitely after undergoing surgery to repair a torn Achilles tendon.

The Oilers said on Twitter that Sekera was injured during an off-season training session.


Now that they are down another Dman.......just saying.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 6690
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Carl Yagro »

Oh Jeebus. Oilers get Jack Hughes.

:scowl:
Focus on the NOW
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 16947
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hank wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:10 pm Oh Jeebus. Oilers get Jack Hughes.

:scowl:
Or maybe they give us a 1st for Tanev
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 17681
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Micky »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:50 pm
Hank wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:10 pm Oh Jeebus. Oilers get Jack Hughes.

:scowl:
Or maybe they give us a 1st for Tanev
Not a bad idea; But let's add to it;
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leag ... 32016.html

Tanev and our 3rd round 2019 pick for their 1st round 2019 pick and Drake.
Resurrection !
"evolution"
Post Reply