11/12 Injury Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 11/12 Injury Thread

Post by Strangelove »

CFP! wrote: Can Booth Play RW?
Absolutely not, according to Panther fans.

And imo Raymond is a 3rd liner... and a candy-ass 3rd liner at that. (smile)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

CFP! wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Just read MayRay practiced today with the team for the first time since the SCF.

Not sure how long til he's into the line up but that's great news for him and the team. Wonder if his return might flip Keslers switch back to last years form. Raymond and Kes did have pretty decent chemisty last year.
Can Booth Play RW?

Raymond-Kesler-Booth

I'd imagine he wont be ready for game action until after NHL xmas break.
Raymond can play right wing.

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Sedin Sedin Burr
Booth Kes Higgins
Manny Hodgson Raymond
Weiss Lappy Hansen

Manny takes the faceoffs

Speed, speed and more speed on every line.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BladesofSteel wrote:Sedin Sedin Burr
Booth Kes Higgins
Manny Hodgson Raymond
Weiss Lappy Hansen

Manny takes the faceoffs

I know its limited time, like 10 games, but I was not liking Booth with Kesler much. Both of them are shoot first type of players. I like what I have seen with Booth playing with Hodgson. Hodgson is showing his hockey smarts with the puck and I think given some time he will find a way to keep setting up Booth.

I'd keep Hansen with the twins and keep Burrows with Kesler and Higgins. Our 4th line is the week link for sure but I just really like Lappy on the 3rd still.
The only HW the Canucks need

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Booth Kes Higgins
Manny Hodgson Raymond
Weiss Lappy Hansen

Manny takes the faceoffs

I know its limited time, like 10 games, but I was not liking Booth with Kesler much. Both of them are shoot first type of players. I like what I have seen with Booth playing with Hodgson. Hodgson is showing his hockey smarts with the puck and I think given some time he will find a way to keep setting up Booth.

I'd keep Hansen with the twins and keep Burrows with Kesler and Higgins. Our 4th line is the week link for sure but I just really like Lappy on the 3rd still.

It's pretty tricky to gauge chemistry when one or both players are off their game.

Kesler and Booth didn't look good together but how much of that was bad chemistry and how much of it was Keslers injury and Booths unfamiliarity.

Either way the lines should remain the same for now, but I would hope that a month or so down the road when Booth is more integrated in the system and Kesler is back to where he was at last year, that they try the combo again.

That said I do like the Hodgson / Booth combo, those two seem to balance each other out. Lappy is the fish out of water on that line.

Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Booth Kes Higgins
Manny Hodgson Raymond
Weiss Lappy Hansen

Manny takes the faceoffs

I am wondering whether Booth could be a good fit with the Sedins as well. Booth shows willingness to do all the dirty works to score goals. That might free up the Sedins as well.

Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

Hockey Widow wrote:I know its limited time, like 10 games, but I was not liking Booth with Kesler much. Both of them are shoot first type of players. I like what I have seen with Booth playing with Hodgson. Hodgson is showing his hockey smarts with the puck and I think given some time he will find a way to keep setting up Booth.

Hockey Widow your point about Booth and Kesler is dead on. Considering Booth is the fourth highest paid forward on the Canucks and not far off Kesler salary wise I'm a little disappointed at what he has done so far. Yes there is an adjustment period but 26 yr. old with over 300 NHL games to his credit should be starting to show a whole lot more. Hodgson is starting to demonstrate that he is a play maker at the NHL level, and Burrows has always been one of the few players on the Canucks Kesler seems willing to actually feed the puck to, and Hansen plays a lot like Burrows without the finish, but perhaps playing with the Sedins that will come, and at least initially with the above line combos the Canucks now seem to have three lines that are consistent scoring threats.

As far as the fourth line goes as long as they can eat up minutes without being a liability they've done their job. With the return of Raymond, a combination of Malholtra, Raymond and whomever doesn't look too shabby. With the power play clicking like it is the Canucks really do not need a rough and tumble fourth line since teams can't afford to take penalties against them.
Last edited by Arbour on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Given AV's penchant for playing players as tandems with seemingling interchangeable second wingers, I'm interested to see if Booth and Hodgson can form a bit of chemistry and become a tandem. Last year we had the Sedins, Kesler/Raymond and Malhotra/Hansen as tandems. The other wingers (Samuelsson, Torres and to a lesser extent Burrows) bounced around a fair bit.

With the apparent demise of Manny Malhotra, and assuming we do not acquire another "shut down centre" to anchor the third line or that the one eyed Malhotra has a resurgence, there is an opportunity to go with three scoring lines instead of two and a shut down third line like we did last season.

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows
Higgins/Kesler/Raymond
Booth/Hodgson/Hansen
Volpatti/LaPierre/Weise

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

herb wrote: With the apparent demise of Manny Malhotra, and assuming we do not acquire another "shut down centre" to anchor the third line or that the one eyed Malhotra has a resurgence, there is an opportunity to go with three scoring lines instead of two and a shut down third line like we did last season.

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows
Higgins/Kesler/Raymond
Booth/Hodgson/Hansen
Volpatti/LaPierre/Weise
Just like Professor Xavier isn't going to exclude Cyclops from missions, AV isn't going to pressbox Manny Malholtra.

Raymond likely takes over for Volpatti.

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Talking about injuries...how come Tanev & Parent have only played 1 game each this season. Are they injured?
cheers

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Fred wrote:Talking about injuries...how come Tanev & Parent have only played 1 game each this season. Are they injured?

Tanev is injured.

KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Canucks tweeted that Lu is day-to-day with an upper body injury.

Ginger to start vs the Hawks.

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Good thing AV started him in both games of that back-to-back on the end of a long road trip. With one of the best back-ups in the league raring to go. I thought the plan was to give the Crease Captain even fewer starts this year. But hey, what Lou wants, Lou gets... the team be damned.

Really paid off, too. :roll:
Last edited by Rumsfeld on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Coach V - Luongo is day-to-day with upper body injury.

Coach V confirms Pinizzotto is out for the season after shoulder surgery. Ebbett is indefinite.
cheers

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Wow, Pinizzotto... we hardly knew ya. That means Volpatti has a long-term place to flail.

I take it Bitz hasn't been recovering as hoped either. Our fourth line depth is looking more shallow by the day.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society