GDT: Canucks @ Washington - 4pm - Snet, NHLN-US

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Washington - 4pm - Snet, NHLN-US

Post by Cornuck »

2nd of a back to back against a decent opponent. Not much travel, so that will help. Semin and Poti are out for the Caps.

Washington is only 14th in team goals scored and have the #4 PK. Ryan Kesler has 9 more goals than Ovechkin. Not the team we saw last year.

The streak is over, and we're 1-1-1s in out last 3 games - each was a one goal game.

NHL.com Preview

THN.com Tale of the Tape

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Washington - 4pm - Snet, NHLN-US

Post by the toucan kid »

The streak is over, and we're 1-1-1s in out last 3 games - each was a one goal game.
Now now, none of that talk. No team plays like we have been for long, there's nothing wrong with us coming back down to earth for the rest of the season. To expect a plus .650 winning percentage the rest of the way is pretty stiff on the team.

Sure, though, a few goals would be nice...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

the toucan kid wrote:
Now now, none of that talk.
Don't worry, I'm not down on the team - it was a great run, and these recent games could have gone either way - so we were very close to continuing the streak.

I think the fact that we've been close in these games says a lot about this year's version and their abilities.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Cornuck wrote: I think the fact that we've been close in these games says a lot about this year's version and their abilities.
No kidding. Considering that every team in the league is gunning for us, to come out and play some sub-par hockey, against hot goalies and come away with some points and keep it close. That's a far cry from the Canucks of recent years.

When you're the best team in the league, much like defending cup champs, the target is on your back and I think the Canucks have done fairly well wearing that target.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Should be a good one tonight. I'm hoping for a big win as Washington has been one of the teams I've come to hate lately.

According to http://www.leftwinglock.com/starting-go ... n-14-2011/ Varlamov is starting.

These east coast trips are always bitersweet for me. On one hand, I get to see my Canucks play early. On the other hand, the time change always worries me.

GO CANUCKS GO!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel: