Flyers vs Canucks.

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Flyers vs Canucks.

Post by Tiger »

Flyers have not lost in Vancouver in 20 years.. used to be a New Year tradition to watch Canucks/Flyers.. So this is the year to break the jinx? Should be a great game. Both teams evenly matched and both fighting for top spot in their conference.
Not much to choose from in offence.. defensive play about even too.. Goaltending - Philadelphia Special Teams -Vancouver.. So..
Canucks play a physical game . Make Philly take a few penalties.. and win it !! This is a game that is important to both teams so I expect a barn burner!! and isn't it time for Lou to have a great game? Expect to see our 3rd line win the game for us !!
Canucks .. 4.. Flyers 2..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Flyers vs Canucks.

Post by Cornuck »

This should be a great game - and I should actually have time to watch it! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Will be there tonight, so let's hope for a win for the Canucks. The best team from the East vs one of the hottest teams in all of the league! Go Canucks GO!
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I'm in heaven tonight... finally getting to watch another game in this god for saken everyone stealing sat service land... :(

Bieksa's playing great from what I can see so far.. great effort all around boys!!!! (Kesler yes too!)
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Men against boys.....the Canuck centres dominated the Flyers.....the D-men skated better than the Flyer forwards....
what a great game.
Down the middle the Canucks are scary right now...& fun to watch.

On a sour note....does Jody Shelly look like a dinosaur...what a joke....
also the Flyers going for head shots all game......I guess that's how they play in the east....it is embarassing to hockey
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

not gunna lie, did NOT expect that. We played great, they didn't. Jody Shelly is a punk. My bet is Alberts is concussed.
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

A Warriors win !! Kesler line plus not being intimidated by tough physical play.. 3rd and 4th line giving more than they were taking .. D playing tough. Sedin's and Luongo coming through playing like the stars they are .. A great win, though Flyers really didn't look like a contender. Kudo's to Volpatri Hamhius and Bieksa ! - played a strong physical game.
also the Flyers going for head shots all game......I guess that's how they play in the east....
Remember this is the team that was known for years as the Broad Street Bullies.. just reverting to form ! Pittsburgh does not play a particularly rough/tough game .. nor do the Caps.. Hopefully after that cheap shot Alberts will be ok.. he had a strong physical game too..

End result ? we break a 22 year old jinx and are in contention to go into the New Year at the top of the Conference..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

nucklehead_88 wrote:Jody Shelly is a punk. My bet is Alberts is concussed.
Shelley gets 2 games, Alberts is practicing today (as is Salo).
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Is any other team as strong down the middle as Vancouver is with Henrik, Kesler and Manimal? Huge night for the second line, two goals for Manimal :oops: and another quiet, three-point night for Henrik. And with MayRay waiting in the wings to return to the ice, the kind of team speed they can put on the forecheck is intimidating as hell.
Elliotte Friedman wrote:9) Speaking of Kesler, Detroit's coaches really noticed how quickly he's "blowing the zone" - charging out of Vancouver's end in hopes of a breakout pass - whenever he senses a turnover. Makes him even more dangerous.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Shelley should have gotten his walking papers for a year. A real player? Yeah, maybe a few games. A thug who has only one role? Adios. We don't need guys like him in the game. Doesn't matter that Alberts is okay.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

The panic button was packed away today. But it is handy just in case, and we might need it sooner or later. Would be good to be playing this well heading into the playoffs.

I don't know where Hodgson could possibly fit even if he is playing lights out in Manitoba.

The key to the season will be to stay healthy.