GDT: leaves visit the Nucks. CBC 4:00 PM

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

GDT: leaves visit the Nucks. CBC 4:00 PM

Post by dr.dork »

Talk among yourselves.

Go Canucks Go
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: leaves visit the Nucks. CBC 4:00 PM

Post by woodhog »

Is anyone pissed about the start time? Catering to TO again.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

woodhog wrote:Is anyone pissed about the start time? Catering to TO again.
Yeah, ME. I'm not impressed at all, but I guess the almighty dollar makes decisions like this simple. Toronto=biggest Canadian market for a HNIC game.

Luckily I'll be able to watch, and I hope the Canucks demolish the leaves just to say "we'll start at the time you're used to starting, and we'll still kick the shit out of you."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Not impressed because I had to miss tonight's....err this afternoon's game due to start time. Lots of stuff to do for holidays and fuck the leaves. Only good thing to come out of this is the whole nation from coast to coast gets to see our Canucks spank this pathetic organization on prime time TV.

Go Canucks! Hope they can stomp them in the 3rd...and in the words of Alex Burrows..."It's time to WIN DA TURD!"
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

LotusBlossom wrote:...and in the words of Alex Burrows..."It's time to WIN DA TURD!"
:lol:

done.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

leaves actually looked pretty good at times tonight. That being said the Canucks could have won 6 or 7-0. The Canucks had some pretty great chances.

Grabovski's goal was a decent shot, Lou should have had it and will be kicking himself for not having a shutout. Then again, his cross crease save on Versteeg in the 5-on-3 was huge. He's come on strong this month, someone on the broadcast was saying he's behind only Thomas when it comes to December numbers.... not sure if that's true but either way (brainfart aside) he's playing a lot better.

Hansen and Bieksa both had really strong games. All this talk of Sami Salo potentially coming back by mid-January, if Bieksa keeps playing like this it's going to be interesting. I think the Canucks will get more than just a salary dump in return if it is Bieksa who they decide to deal.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Island Nucklehead wrote:leaves actually looked pretty good at times tonight. That being said the Canucks could have won 6 or 7-0. The Canucks had some pretty great chances.
The leaves were trying, but they look like a young team that has to have most things go right for them to win.

Louie let in a bad one but he made some good saves too. That was an interesting graphic that showed his GAA improving significantly from October, to November and December. But really what matters is how the season ends.

Tambellini looked good on the one goal (where he busted by the leaves D, then fed Kesler who passed to Hansen for the goal).
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

woodhog wrote:Is anyone pissed about the start time? Catering to TO again.

Nope! gave me more time at Rossters after the game.....and a good reason to get good and hammered at 4pm....no biggie to me. That being said, overall a good win....SHOULD have been a shutout. oh well. 8 wins in a row against TO
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson