GDT: Canucks @ Oil, 5 PM PST, SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

GDT: Canucks @ Oil, 5 PM PST, SNET

Post by dr.dork »

The Oilers are hot, the 'nucks are not.

The Oil have got 9 points out of a possible 10 in their last 5 games after a November to forget. If they can go on a tear which is certainly possible they could make the playoffs. They are 7 points behind Vancouver with a game in hand. Anything is possible at this time of year, and given they're a young team they're likely dangerous.

The Canucks are struggling with injuries and to make matters worse struggling with inconsistent play. On the other hand they are in first place while not playing well which is probably related to the weakness of the division.

Louie in goal.

Preview:
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/preview.htm ... L|VAN|home

Go Canucks Go
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Oil, 5 PM PST, SNET

Post by nucklehead_88 »

whaaaaaaaat a piss off in the llast 10 seconds....ddamn. well, a wins a win, and the first goal was beautifull

is it just me or is Alberts just getting constantly worse everyday.
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

1 Team showed up .. plus 1 opposing giant goaltender.. My first star would go to Edmontons goaltender. .. Score could have been 5... 6 -1 ..
Sorry not peed off that Luongo didn't get his shut out. he didn't do much really.. For a change I liked Bieksa's play for the last couple games.. No bonehead penalties ... less mistakes .. hitting and playing with an edge.. Guess we need Alberts for muscle.. too bad cap issues meant we kept him instead of SOB..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Tiger wrote:1 Team showed up .. plus 1 opposing giant goaltender.. My first star would go to Edmontons goaltender. .. Score could have been 5... 6 -1 ..
Sorry not peed off that Luongo didn't get his shut out. he didn't do much really.. For a change I liked Bieksa's play for the last couple games.. No bonehead penalties ... less mistakes .. hitting and playing with an edge.. Guess we need Alberts for muscle.. too bad cap issues meant we kept him instead of SOB..
Not sure Luongo had much chance on the goal. But whatever. He still won and made the saves he had to. (But if we lost that game it certainly would have been a steal by Dubnyk or whatever his name is).

Effort was there. Not the most exciting game in the world but a win is a win.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

dr.dork wrote:
Tiger wrote:1 Team showed up .. plus 1 opposing giant goaltender.. My first star would go to Edmontons goaltender. .. Score could have been 5... 6 -1 ..
(But if we lost that game it certainly would have been a steal by Dubnyk or whatever his name is).
His name is Devan and he grew up next door to my brother's family. Nice kid. I was in a water fight with him. He lost :mrgreen:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)