GDT: Ducks at 'nucks, 7:00 PM, SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

GDT: Ducks at 'nucks, 7:00 PM, SNET

Post by dr.dork »

Sorry to be a bitch, but I quit this gig ! I fired myself for blowing the St. Louis game !! I take no responsibility for any results tonight ! But someone has to do a GDT (whine/complain).

Anaheim has the same number of points as us, but they have played 5 more games. They went to the 10th round of the shootout last night vs the Edmontonians (who seem to be on a bit of a roll themselves with 9 points in the last 5 games). Anaheim should be tired but then wasn't St.Louis supposed to be tired too ?

As for Vancouver, you're guess is as good as mine. Is this going to be the team that was on the roll or do we think we're too good and Anaheim is going to be a cakewalk ?

Preview:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/preview?gid=2010120822

For a variety of reasons I can't watch it live, so I'll take it and watch it at high speed later this eve.

Go Canucks Go
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Ducks at 'nucks, 7:00 PM, SNET

Post by Cornuck »

dr.dork wrote:Sorry to be a bitch, but I quit this gig ! I fired myself for blowing the St. Louis game !! I take no responsibility for any results tonight ! But someone has to do a GDT (whine/complain).
Don't let one loss bring you down! Sorry, but I've got a friend in the hospital and actually have to (GASP!) work out of the house for a week or two.

I think this will be a good game to get Dork's streak going again.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Cornuck wrote: Don't let one loss bring you down! Sorry, but I've got a friend in the hospital and actually have to (GASP!) work out of the house for a week or two.
I guess there are more important things than this hockey baloney.

But that working out of the house sounds dreadful. It's time to find a new job.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Is it me or do the Canucks have a bad record against teams playing the 2nd of a back to back?

I expect Bolduc to get suspended for that hit on Parros. Not that my opinion is that he should be, but to me, that is the definition of a blind side hit. I say one game minimum if there's a suspension.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Linden Is God wrote:Is it me or do the Canucks have a bad record against teams playing the 2nd of a back to back?

I expect Bolduc to get suspended for that hit on Parros. Not that my opinion is that he should be, but to me, that is the definition of a blind side hit. I say one game minimum if there's a suspension.
We have a bad record on back to backs recently, but we pulled a rabbit out of the hat tonight.

The Bolduc hit wasn't a blind side hit. I think they are trying to put a damper on blind side hits to the head. Parros just went awkwardly into the boards, but I don't think there is anything they will even formally review.

I watched it in the bar, so take that for what it is (meaning I may have missed a viewing angle or three).
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Oh and I would just like to say I like Bieksa when he fights. Players will shy away from him if he lays a beating on opposing players (at times). It is one thing he does very very well so he should use that from time to time. (Not every game, but perhaps a wee bit more than he does).
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

dr.dork wrote:Oh and I would just like to say I like Bieksa when he fights. Players will shy away from him if he lays a beating on opposing players (at times). It is one thing he does very very well so he should use that from time to time. (Not every game, but perhaps a wee bit more than he does).
For all the bashing and trade talk the guy has taken this year, he's actually done very well imo. Beating the piss out of Voros was vintage angry Bieksa. That is the kind of toughness Vancouver needs, a guy that can answer the bell when called upon.

It's nice that the Canucks are finding ways to win games. They deserved to win this one.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Bieksa has had a very good season so far. If he played with a chip on his shoulder more often, he'd have a lot less detractors. He's bringing his worth up with almost every game lately. If MG is forced to trade him to make room for Salo, he may be able to get a little more for KB than perhaps we would have in the summer or the early season.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Bieksa has had a very good season so far. If he played with a chip on his shoulder more often, he'd have a lot less detractors. He's bringing his worth up with almost every game lately. If MG is forced to trade him to make room for Salo, he may be able to get a little more for KB than perhaps we would have in the summer or the early season.
Is that suppose to be a "hasn't?"
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

the toucan kid wrote:

no i agree, Bieksa has played alright.....definatly not up to his standards of a few years ago, but alot better than last year.
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

the toucan kid wrote:

No.