GDT: Canucks visit the Flames, 6:30PM PST, TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

GDT: Canucks visit the Flames, 6:30PM PST, TSN

Post by dr.dork »

Well, according to the Sun this morning every single Canuck (except AV) seems to be taking the flames lightly. This is never a good omen. Never. Will the boys underestimate the flames and take them too lightly ? Or are they motivated by their poor road play and they'll come out and douse the flames ? I don't have a clue, but it is probably a good bet that it will be one or the other. The other problem is more than a few players might be looking past Calgary towards the friday date with their friends in Chicago. (Hint: beat the Flames first, then worry about the 'hawks later).

Preview:
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/preview.htm ... me-preview

Go Canucks Go
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks visit the Flames, 6:30PM PST, TSN

Post by the toucan kid »

I think possibly the reason this season is so boring, and it is, is that the division isn't really lively. I mean I loved when these two teams played over the last 6 years or so, but now, meh, they're just pitiable. We might lose, but it won't matter, there's no way they actually have anything to brag about.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

the toucan kid wrote:I think possibly the reason this season is so boring, and it is, is that the division isn't really lively. I mean I loved when these two teams played over the last 6 years or so, but now, meh, they're just pitiable. We might lose, but it won't matter, there's no way they actually have anything to brag about.
You're right about the division. I'm not that pumped about tonight's game. I usually get more pumped for division games, but to me it's just another game tonight. Quite frankly, I can't even remember if the Canucks have played the Flames or Oilers yet this year. Don't they usually play a few divisional games early in the season?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

I officially feel sorry for the flames and their fans. It was close until the third, but the Canucks pretty much put the puck in the net every time they had a chance in the 3rd.

That makes me 3-0-0-0 in GDTs (for 2010/2011 season). Yes, I have the golden touch, but not sure if that will be enough against those evil 'hawks who we seem to disintegrate against on a regular basis.

I have a bone to pick with Karma, and I might trot that out on the 3rd of dec. The last time Karma tangled with me it came out of the scrum with a bloody nose, so I assume Karma is feeling pretty mentally fragile right about now.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

dr.dork wrote:That makes me 3-0-0-0 in GDTs (for 2010/2011 season).
Keep up the great work - Keep the stretch going and we'll have to get put on the Canucks payroll. :D

What ever's working, it's nice to see some wins - especially a big road win.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I wish i had watched this slaughter in Van together with my Flames fan brother... :mrgreen:

Somehow funny, click The Battle Of Alberta
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Cookie La Rue wrote:I wish i had watched this slaughter in Van together with my Flames fan brother... :mrgreen:

Somehow funny, click The Battle Of Alberta
The Flamers are a joke, old, and over paid, they should re-locate to Florida!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!