GDT: Avs @ the 'av nots (Canucks) -- 7 PM PST, Sportsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Avs @ the 'av nots (Canucks) -- 7 PM PST, Sportsnet

Post by Island Nucklehead »

woodhog wrote: The reffing IS bad everywhere these days. I do agree with LB regarding Luongo getting run a lot with very few repercussions.
Yeah. The reffing has been downright awful. I have the Centre Ice package and watch a fair amount of games. It's bad all over the league.

WRT Lou, it's probably because every time someone comes near Luongo he's flopping over like he's been shot. If the guy is going to cry wolf every time someone touches him, the real calls will be ignored.

Diving is by far my least favorite attribute of Luongo's. And it's too bad, because he does get run A LOT. Maybe if he played a little less soccer every time he gets some traffic we might get a few more calls go our way.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Fuck, quit taking what I say completely out of context. I said IT SEEMS not that is is...Christ, English comprehension could do you some good at times. Seriously.
You're the one that misplaced the comma that made your sentence mean that they were seemingly not try to hide that they were out to get the Canucks... that's not my fault. Read it back. I don't mind the mistake, I make 'em all the time, but don't jump at me because of it. I'm not needling you either, it's just simply how it reads. What you said in the post is that you think they aren't trying to hide the fact that they're against the Canucks. That is simply BS and thus the response is fair game. Sorry.

And Island is right, Luongo is a flagrant faker. There's a lot of goalie's around who do it, but Lou is among the best (or worst) arround.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

the toucan kid wrote: And Island is right,
Might have to save that somewhere :lol:
the toucan kid wrote: Luongo is a flagrant faker. There's a lot of goalie's around who do it, but Lou is among the best (or worst) arround.
Considering our complete lack of goalie interference calls, I'd say he's one of the worst. The refs seem to see right through him, which is unfortunate... because he certainly has been interfered with a great deal this year.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Considering our complete lack of goalie interference calls, I'd say he's one of the worst. The refs seem to see right through him, which is unfortunate... because he certainly has been interfered with a great deal this year.
Honestly, you can almost tell that's the case when you seem him arguing with the refs between whistles. And he was the one who voiced loudly, for all to hear, a few years ago how he found flopping distasteful. I guess he just joined the breed.

Might have to save that somewhere :lol:
Maybe someday I'll have one to match it. :lol:
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Barnaby on the intermission: "I think Luongo is a good goalie, I just don't think he'll ever be as good as I thought he once might be."

Pretty on point.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

How ironic coming on what might be his best game of the year.

At least we've got a real hockey game here!! 8-)
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

You guys are discussing tonights game against the Sharks in the wrong thread.
Toucan, you must really like this GDT title. :)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Toucan, you must really like this GDT title.
The beer certainly did...