GDT: Canucks host Hawks - 7pm - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks host Hawks - 7pm - CBC

Post by Cornuck »

Ok - here is the rematch we've been waiting for - especially Farhan.

We're facing a different, but still good, Hawks team. They're still getting the goals (64 to lead the West), but they're letting in a lot as well. The Hawks power play rank up with ours, while their PK is sitting at 21st.

This should be a good game, and I'm predicting a high scoring game.

Stat of the day: Luongo is .925 in his last 9 games.

Quote of the day: "You look at the schedule and these are the games that stick out. You're ready no matter how banged up you are, how tired you are. You find it for this game because this is a team we love to beat." - Kevin Bieksa on being motivated to face the Blackhawks.

NHL.com Preview

THN.com Tale of the Tape

Canucks.com Game Notes

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks host Hawks - 7pm - CBC

Post by Ridleyfan »

A convincing win where the Canucks are never less than two goals up after two periods.

Rypien beating the crap out of a Hawk.

Kane cleanly obliterated, face first, into the glass. I HATE Patrick Kane!!! To me he is the smirking Justin Bieber of the NHL.

A 100% PK rate.

That's all I need. I don't want to be greedy.
The leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I'm surprised Farhan didn't beat Cornuck to creating the thread. I'm also surprised there isn't a raging rant from Farhan about murdering the Hawks, then chartering to Atlanta to finish off Buff, Ladd and Sopel.

This game does seem like a big measuring stick for the Canucks. The Hawks were pounded last night, and I expect to see Crawford in net tonight since Turco was in for all 7 goals last night.

I'm calling a 4-2 Canucks win. A very gritty, chippy and hard game which will have the Canucks spend all their energy tonight and be blown out by the Coyotes tomorrow.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

"Quote of the day: "You look at the schedule and these are the games that stick out. You're ready no matter how banged up you are, how tired you are."

Did anyone see anything on that road trip that would justify being tired? Not me.

I sure hope they pull out all their kickassedness. Yes, that is a new word. So what? 8-)

So far to date the only games with any real hustle and work ethic: vs edm, buff and det.

Lets make this number four.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Kane cleanly obliterated, face first, into the glass. I HATE Patrick Kane!!! To me he is the smirking Justin Bieber of the NHL.
Heh... yeah I know. I mean I wish no one harm...

As for tonight. I think the flight of the Eager, Burrish, Buffy, Ladd types has quelled the rivalry a BIT, but it should be a lively night and a fun game.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

It's not just the hawks, but don't ya think there's still something between turco and the Canucks? I think that's been a big personal rivalry of his... although I'm not sure if he's going to draw in tonight.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

It's not just the hawks, but don't ya think there's still something between turco and the Canucks? I think that's been a big personal rivalry of his... although I'm not sure if he's going to draw in tonight.
Am I forgetting something? I mean he's played a lot of playoff series in his day, and he only played us once.

I guess there was that Luongo remark. Although I can't say that I disagree with it...
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Slow start. Not a very sharp 1st period for us. Looks more like we're the team playing their 3rd game in 4 nights.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

i fell asleep around the 9 minute mark. no lie....wow what a boring first
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Ridleyfan »

nucklehead_88 wrote:i fell asleep around the 9 minute mark. no lie....wow what a boring first

No kidding. This must be what it's like to sit in Nassau Coliseum and watch The islanders play Atlanta.
The leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

man the Hawks just love playing Luongo dont they? 4mins left in the second, im outta here. so much for trying hard against em huh Farhan?
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

This is so painful to watch. We've looked asleep since that Pittsburgh game. We can't even beat an inconsistent team on the second half of their back to back.
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

jchockey wrote:This is so painful to watch. We've looked asleep since that Pittsburgh game. We can't even beat an inconsistent team on the second half of their back to back.
We are at least as inconsistant as they are.

I expected the Hawks to come out hard after the drubbing they took last night in Calgary but I also expected a good effort from the home team. The Canucks aren't showing much pride at all after getting so badly beaten at home in the playoffs last year.
Pretty pathetic showing. For a game with the potential to be a really good one it's very disappointing.

Farhan will probably threaten to boycott the Canucks again after this one.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

It's official.

I now realize the Canucks are mentally retarded. There is no other explanation.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

excuse my french.

Fuck.
Me.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.