GDT: Canucks @ leaves - 4pm - CBC, NHLN-US

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks @ leaves - 4pm - CBC, NHLN-US

Post by dr.dork »

LotusBlossom wrote: What pissed me off about the whole TO experience was that the biggest story was not a marquee match-up against Vancouver but more about a fucking AHL player who couldn't cut the mustard to make the big club in the first place when he had a legitimate shot with their lack of talented personnel. Seriously, the Toronto media with some exceptions need to get their heads out of their asses.
leaves didn't play that poorly, and the Canucks didn't play that great but the right team won in the end.

I love listening to the CBC homers squirm when the leaves are losing. You can literally hear them squirming when they try to spin a positive out of a team that has ONE win in the last twelve. Eight losses in a row and eleven losses in the last twelve games and the homers are still spinning everything in a positive light. And yes, the great saviour Kadri is going to swoop in from the Marlies and save the day. Leave the poor kid with the Marlies. Aulie too.

I thought Giguere was having a good game and outplaying Luongo for the most part until Raymond's goal. Obviously a terrible goal and probably the key turning point for the Canucks. But the good teams take advantage of their good luck and the bad teams moan and cry and point fingers.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

dr.dork wrote:
leaves didn't play that poorly, and the Canucks didn't play that great but the right team won in the end.

I love listening to the CBC homers squirm when the leaves are losing. You can literally hear them squirming when they try to spin a positive out of a team that has ONE win in the last twelve. Eight losses in a row and eleven losses in the last twelve games and the homers are still spinning everything in a positive light. And yes, the great saviour Kadri is going to swoop in from the Marlies and save the day. Leave the poor kid with the Marlies. Aulie too.

I thought Giguere was having a good game and outplaying Luongo for the most part until Raymond's goal. Obviously a terrible goal and probably the key turning point for the Canucks. But the good teams take advantage of their good luck and the bad teams moan and cry and point fingers.
leaves really turned it on in the 3rd period but Luongo shut it down after letting 2 early ones in in the 1st and one other goal in afterward. They were desperate for a victory but it didn't happen.

Poor Kadri and the circus the kid had to endure on such a big stage. I hope he does develop in to a good player for the leaves because he does have some skill, but that's a lot of burden to carry.

Giguere was excellent for the leaves and you could barely fault him for the goals except for the Raymond one. Luongo made timely saves, and if he can keep doing that even when the team isn't have a great game, we're going to win a few more here and there.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

LotusBlossom wrote:What pissed me off about the whole TO experience was that the biggest story was not a marquee match-up against Vancouver but more about a fucking AHL player who couldn't cut the mustard to make the big club in the first place when he had a legitimate shot with their lack of talented personnel. Seriously, the Toronto media with some exceptions need to get their heads out of their asses.

Kinda like Cody Hodgson this year?
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

nucklehead_88 wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:What pissed me off about the whole TO experience was that the biggest story was not a marquee match-up against Vancouver but more about a fucking AHL player who couldn't cut the mustard to make the big club in the first place when he had a legitimate shot with their lack of talented personnel. Seriously, the Toronto media with some exceptions need to get their heads out of their asses.

Are you saying the Canucks don't have talent on the front end like the leaves? ;)

Cody playing in the AHL, for this year, is the best thing for him and I truly believe that, but that's a discussion for another thread and another time.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

LotusBlossom wrote:
nucklehead_88 wrote:

Are you saying the Canucks don't have talent on the front end like the leaves? ;)

Cody playing in the AHL, for this year, is the best thing for him and I truly believe that, but that's a discussion for another thread and another time.

oh i agree! im just making fun of the media explosion we have around here everytime the kid has a bowel movement
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

nucklehead...gotta love the media morons that seem to keep jobs and stir the pot.

:lol: