Video Games Get Yer Video Games

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Video Games Get Yer Video Games

Post by Arachnid »

So MicroSoft and Sony have finally caught up to Nintendo by both releasing motion control for their consoles. It's pretty funny because I remember carpal tunnel syndrome Hardcore gamers calling the Wii gay because of it's motion controllers and that it was just a fad.

I've had a Wii since the beginning because of young kids, it's still a blast for the whole family. I know it's not HD but still looks amazing on the 110" projector, more importantly it is the first non-couch potato generation...

http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/kinect

What system do you have?
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: Video Games Get Yer Video Games

Post by the toucan kid »

I basically just play NHL anyway, so the 360 for me.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I've gone through a few over the years. Usually when I buy one, it's the Kiss of Death for that particular gaming system. These days, I have a Wii - and they're still going strong. I've played a lot of Guitar Hero, and you can't beat Bowling when friends come over.

I'm not a fan of learning 6 step to make a character do something, so the Wii is great. Mostly now, I use it for Netflix streaming (greatest invention of mankind).

Anyone in the market for a Sega Dreamcast (broken, of course)? :?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

i have a ps3.....but the system i use he most? sega genesis....playing nhl94
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

We have a PS3 n a Wii

I don't play much but have to say I love the graphics on the PS3 and what a great bluray player. :)

I love Madden, probably my fave game of all the games and I have a friend who is a game director who has worked with Nintendo so he got me into the Wii with developing the likes of the Mario Strikers and Punch Out.

Bowling when friends are over is great on the Wii.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Thinking of getting one but not sure whether Xbox or PS3...
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ClamRussel wrote:Thinking of getting one but not sure whether Xbox or PS3...
Mac guys get PS3s :drink:

I think it's a better system going forward.
It was between getting a Sony or skiing in the Rockies last Christmas, guess which one won... :mex:

Santa will be good to us this year :wink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

PS3 hands down.

The software updates are the quality of the graphics and pictures are awesome. We play all our blu rays on there will be streaming Netflix once they get a better selection of movies up here in Canada.

We're still on the first gen of the PS3 and it's still running strong, so I highly recommend it. After that get a couple of lounge couches ;).

On NHL opening day, sitting on the lounge couch and working

A frontal view of the lounge couch
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

LotusBlossom wrote:there will be streaming Netflix once they get a better selection of movies up here in Canada.
Netflix Streaming is awesome - one of mankind's greatest achievements. I've had it down here for a while now and love it.

Hopefully you'll get the same selection up there soon.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

LotusBlossom wrote:
PS3 hands down.

The software updates are the quality of the graphics and pictures are awesome. We play all our blu rays on there will be streaming Netflix once they get a better selection of movies up here in Canada.

We're still on the first gen of the PS3 and it's still running strong, so I highly recommend it. After that get a couple of lounge couches ;).

i have the 1st gen PS3 as well. incredible system. my buddy had a Xbox360, played my ps3 once and sold his xbox the next day. plus BluRay for the win. pretty sure the being a bluray player makes it win hands down everytime.....let alone the amazing visuals, more storage space, better controllers, rechargable controllers as opposed to AA battary(xbox), Free online, and the dont break all the damn time
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

nucklehead_88 wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:
PS3 hands down.

i have the 1st gen PS3 as well. incredible system. my buddy had a Xbox360, played my ps3 once and sold his xbox the next day. plus BluRay for the win. pretty sure the being a bluray player makes it win hands down everytime.....let alone the amazing visuals, more storage space, better controllers, rechargable controllers as opposed to AA battary(xbox), Free online, and the dont break all the damn time
All good points although I gotta admit the Xbox controllers are probably better, definitely feel better to my hands. Give the edge to Sony though for the rechargeable angle....w/ Xbox you have to purchase an add-on to recharge=lame. The free online also is a win since I don't see myself having the time to play enough to warrant a subscription.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy