GDT: Canucks @ Chicago - 6pm - TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Chicago - 6pm - TSN

Post by Cornuck »

Will it be another season of Jekyll and Hyde performances from our beloved Canucks? Let's hope so, because last night was plain ugly. We're missing Ballard, Bolduc and now Rypien. Maybe time to call up Oreskovich?

We all know the storyline - the Canucks will be pumped up against the top rival Hawks - but do we have it in us to do anything about it? Who's in goal tonight? Unknown as I write this.

NHL.com Preview

Canucks.com Game Notes

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Robert
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Chicago - 6pm - TSN

Post by Robert »

No posts?

Anyways I was not impressed. A so so effort. Our goaler played well though, but I was not impressed with Edler tonight; he gets the pickle of the night.

A tie....blah
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Ridleyfan »

Luongo and Turco both played quite well. I felt bad for Lou, as he got pieces of both shots that beat him in OT.
He also completely saved Bieksa's ass on the Hossa breakaway. I'm all for the D pinching, but not five feet in with a guy on either side of you at the blueline.

what made this game fun was that it FELT fun. Even on TV, there was an electricity.
The leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Ridleyfan wrote:what made this game fun was that it FELT fun. Even on TV, there was an electricity.
Part of me thinks it's all production value. TSN gets all the good angles and close-ups, not to mention the best Wednesday night match-ups. CBC's just a little too boring in comparison (Mark Lee and Weekes are awful. God awful) and Sportnet's feeds are just boring. Honestly, most nights they could put me to sleep. For some reason their broadcasts don't seem bright enough, either from poor arena lighting or just poor colour adjustments. You just can't seem to get excited over SNet broadcasts.

Thank goodness the shootout is for regular season only. Luongo's terrible at those. He's a great position goalie but one-on-one he doesn't quite have the quickness to catch up on those close shots and dekes.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

im getting tired of losing.......yea it was close......but still..............................
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Frankly, at this point, I'm just happy to see Luongo playing good games... especially with that shitty backend. Looks like Edler still needs the protection of a solid partner, and Rome sure ain't it. The goals will come to some degree, although you have to wonder with guys like Hodgson, Shirokov and Schroeder in the minors, how much longer are we going to bother with a waif like Schaefer?
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

IT was a tie Knuckhead. Quit yer whi :P ning. Although a bit more spirit and hustle would have been nicer.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

Cuthbert!
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

65 Minutes of amazing Lu.... 65 minutes of no finish shooting.

S/O Lu should have had those two that trickled by him...but it is what it is.

Need scoring bottom line.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

the toucan kid wrote:Frankly, at this point, I'm just happy to see Luongo playing good games... especially with that shitty backend. Looks like Edler still needs the protection of a solid partner, and Rome sure ain't it. The goals will come to some degree, although you have to wonder with guys like Hodgson, Shirokov and Schroeder in the minors, how much longer are we going to bother with a waif like Schaefer?
Was thinking the same thing Toucan. This team needs someone to step up big time to replace Burrows and it sure ain't going to come from Schaefer. You would have hoped that one of Hodgson, Schroeder, or Shirokov would have been ready for the dance but unfortunately they weren't. I'm surprised how poorly Grabner played after being traded. I would have thought he was up to the task at this point. I don't think we can expect much from Samuelsson this season. If he gets 20, I'll be happy but 33 was most likely his peak (seriously a lot of his goals are soft/of the lucky variety).

Still not sure how Burrows will play once he returns. Might take him a bit of time to get going. Was really hoping for an injection of scoring from the youth but we'll have to see how they progress over the year. Only bright spot so far has been Daniel, who has pretty much carried the offense. Would like to see him pot 40 this year. Hard to believe he's usually only around the 30 mark.

Canucks off to a pretty lousy start in a year of big expectations.... what else is new?
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Canucks off to a pretty lousy start in a year of big expectations.... what else is new?
Which is also why no one should be all that concerned.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

the toucan kid wrote:
Which is also why no one should be all that concerned.
Agreed. Funny, how everyone rags on you for being negative about the team and you're about the biggest Canuck cheerleader at this point! :lol:

But I do agree that it's all about keeping an even temperament and objectively assessing the strengths and weaknesses of this team once they've actually given a big enough sample. Pretty hard to rate this team until they've got their regular roster. Hell pretty hard to rate this team until they show how they play when the games actually matter in April.
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Ridleyfan »

Don't ya just LOVE watching Farhan interview Chicago players? :lol: :lol: It's like seeing the janitor at Microsoft. He works for Microsoft, yeah, but he is HATING this shit.
The leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.