GDT: Canucks @ Ducks - 7pm - TSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Ducks - 7pm - TSN

Post by Cornuck »

Our first road game of the year. Up against the Ducks team lacking in D. This could be a game to our scoring up (although if Luongo is only going to allow a goal a game we'll fine as it is).

Rick Rypien (rib) is expected to make his season debut Wednesday night, while Alexandre Bolduc is out with an ankle injury. I think Rypper might have to take easy- but you never know.

NHL.com Preview

Province Gameday

This game will be streamed on Yahoo.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Ducks - 7pm - TSN

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Cornuck wrote: Rick Rypien (rib) is expected to make his season debut Wednesday night, while Alexandre Bolduc is out with an ankle injury. I think Rypper might have to take easy- but you never know.
He might not have a choice if Parros starts running around... not a good goon match up for the Canucks. Parros is legit.

With Fowler playing 22mins/game these days, here's hoping the Twins can welcome him to the West in style 8-)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

He might not have a choice if Parros starts running around... not a good goon match up for the Canucks. Parros is legit.
Running around? You seen him skate?

Parros won't be a factor in the game, unless someone decides to challenge him for a show bout.

Anaheim's defense does lineup to this being a good chance for us to bust out of our mini offensive funk. That said, they have big time forwards, and usually play us tough, so we'll need a good game to win.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

the toucan kid wrote: Running around? You seen him skate?

Parros won't be a factor in the game, unless someone decides to challenge him for a show bout.
Not like he has to skate well to take a shot at a Sedin. Especially the way the Ducks are playing so far in the first. They're awful and they need a spark.

Their first PP looked shitty, Kesler shouldn't have even gotten called for that delay of game. Absent that extended PP it's all Vancouver. The Kesler line is flying.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Anaheim looks like shit. That's some atrocious defensive zone coverage going on. Are there only two guys in the game that could have made that pass to Dan? The other being 87?
Not like he has to skate well to take a shot at a Sedin. Especially the way the Ducks are playing so far in the first. They're awful and they need a spark.
I don't often see guys like him even getting big hits. They just don't play a part in the game that I can see.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

the toucan kid wrote:I don't often see guys like him even getting big hits. They just don't play a part in the game that I can see.
The only way Brookbank got in the play was by Torres hunting him down. ;)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Gotta love the NHL's self-imposed parity. 2 lengthy 5-on-3's, one caused by a botched call to create a 5-3, the other started by just a garbage call. Do these ref's even know who Jason Blake is?! Yeah... he's just a small, innocent forward getting roughed up by Ballard. :roll:

Not really too worried about the Canucks' play. The only reason the Ducks are in the game is a couple horse-shit calls.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Brutal officiating. thumbs down
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Robert wrote:Brutal officiating. thumbs down
May as well get used to it early.

That 3 on 1 was equally brutal.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote:
Robert wrote:Brutal officiating. thumbs down
May as well get used to it early.

That 3 on 1 was equally brutal.
The one caused by Ryan (you know, the goal scorer) jumping off the bench 15 feet early and entering the play to make that pokecheck? Yeah... thumbs down is right.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

that third period was like watching the 4th quarter of the lions game........jeez
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

for all against the officiating. We scored on the power play immediately after the terrible hooking call on Bobby Ryan. Right before we scored i mentioned to my brother "bet the canucks score here for the garbage delay of game call on bieksa...its karma"
I don't think you can really blame the refs for tonight. At the end of the season its going to even its self out. Canucks just needed to hit the net better tonight. Pretty shocked at how Samuelsson missed the wide open net prior to their third goal.
Oh well. hopefully they will beat the kings.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

The Canucks really shit the bed last night. Fucking made me stay up late to watch that 3rd period effort. I'd ask for my money back but it was streaming on the net 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Actually, my comment on the horrible officiating was the call against the clucks on which we scored. Sure I'll take the goal, but the calls the refs make in this league just leave me more than annoyed with the game, which ever way it goes.

First it's "oh, a player fell down, therefor the nearest opposition must have done something wrong" Now, it's "oh, player lost puck to opposition player he must have hooked him" When does it end?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Robert wrote:Actually, my comment on the horrible officiating was the call against the clucks on which we scored. Sure I'll take the goal, but the calls the refs make in this league just leave me more than annoyed with the game, which ever way it goes.
Yep. Reffing was just plain bad last night. It will even up over the course of the season, but we were on the shittier end of the shit-stick.

The Canucks looked good for most of the game, and if Samuelsson decides to play (he was terrible) that game is 5-2 in the third.

The Canucks change on the last goal was bad, but the missed call on Ryan was obviously too many men. Even Henrik Sedin was slamming his stick in disgust.