Hodgson

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Re: Hodgson

Post by Soapy »

the Cunning Linguist wrote:Well, how convenient is that! News from the future!
On Saturday, September 11, [url=http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/whitetowel/archive/2010/09/11/hodgson-may-not-be-ready-until-the-end-of-the-month.aspx]Jim Jamieson[/url] of The Province wrote:The Province has learned from a source with an understanding of Hodgson's situation that he is close to being 100 per cent healthy for the first time since injuring his back, but may not be able to participate in contact until the end of this month.
It's rather contradictory... If he really is close to 100%, why are they not letting him participate in contact drills for a month? Won't that delay any kind of development at the NHL level? Why are they forcing him to start on the Moose? If they are just being cautious, is he really that close to being 100%? Not that I ascribe to the conspiracy theories that the media is trying to force down our throats, but seriously, something isn't passing the smell test...
I was thinking the same thing...something is up.....
I heard in local media that there was a photo shoot (this may be old news..sorry) with Henrik & Hod(g)son going on...
The new captain meets the future captain type of thing......
Maybe the photos will never see the light of day......seems weird...they just did the shoot the other day....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Soapy wrote:I was thinking the same thing...something is up.....
I heard in local media that there was a photo shoot (this may be old news..sorry) with Henrik & Hod(g)son going on...
Maybe the photos will never see the light of day......seems weird...they just did the shoot the other day....
That would infer its a done deal that Lu's giving up the "C" and quite presumptuous. Perhaps the photo shoot was simply the star of today and the star of tomorrow.
I still find it very odd that Hodgson hasn't been allowed to talk to the media...and why are there rumours that its already determined he'll be starting w/ the Moose regardless of how he performs at camp.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

Perhaps the silence is an orchestrated effort to lessen the hype and hoopla surrounding Hodgson's efforts to play in the NHL this year. If the expectation is that he will start on the Moose and does it is no news. If he makes the big club then it is positive news. On the other hand anyone check the cap numbers, Hodgson's injury history may not only dictate prudence as far as his development is concerned and therefore the expectation that he will start with the Moose, but be required so the Canucks can comply with the cap without having to surrender other roster assets. At this point the team is relatively deep in forwards so why risk a potential blue chipper by rushing him along.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Muchado about nothing...leave the kid alone. He will be ready when he is ready, play Mooseboy or not, it's all (our current roster) good right now...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ClamRussel wrote:
Soapy wrote:I was thinking the same thing...something is up.....
I still find it very odd that Hodgson hasn't been allowed to talk to the media...and why are there rumours that its already determined he'll be starting w/ the Moose regardless of how he performs at camp.

I don't find it odd . The media in this town are a punch of assheads who lie and make shit up. Gillis knows this, so that's why he is snubbing them.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I'm pretty sure Hodgson can handle a quick media scrub to ask him a bunch of tedious questions which he can answer w/ the usual clichés. Who cares about the media, this is about the fans and the fans clearly would just like to hear from Cody.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I'm not too concerned Clambake. Too many chicken littles in this market who get stirred up by the likes of Taylor, Pratt , Botchford etc. .

Other than Powell, Lalji and Murph there sure are a lot of losers covering the local sports scene.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
M1CH@ELM@X
AHL Prospect

Post by M1CH@ELM@X »

During Sundays prospect game when asked about CoHo

Gillis: There is a possibility Hodgson will not play in main camp or preseason (back). No surgery needed, he will stay on current regime -KR

this from twitter...
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

No sense in playing Hodgson unless he is in 100% game shape.. he wouldn't make the line up . Looks like he will be headed for the Moose and be a call up later in the season.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

i said from the beginning that Hodgson is playing on the Moose. it sucks that its under these circumstances though
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

nice to see some good press from someone about CoHo.
nice to hear things like ' the kids wants it bad' and 'the only challenge of working with Hodgson was making sure he was taking scheduled days off from training.'

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... story.html
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

The Canuck coaches may have learned a lesson from the completly stupid way they handeled Cody last year.

A.V's Punch Imlack immitation may well have ruined this kid on the Canucks. Hopefully the kid dos'nt carry a grudge.

If he does I'd say A.V has to go.
Don Cherry for P.M.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

coHo is confirmed to be at main camp

Jim Robson
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

nucklehead_88 wrote:coHo is confirmed to be at main camp
Where do you get that from? Link?
There's nothing on CDC confirming that news.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

woodhog wrote:
nucklehead_88 wrote:coHo is confirmed to be at main camp
Where do you get that from? Link?
There's nothing on CDC confirming that news.

sportsnet connected

and tsn sportscentre

Jim Robson