Printers Done for the Year?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Printers Done for the Year?

Post by rockalt »

Not too much of a CFL fan, but this definitely sucks to hear. Tough loss for the Lions who haven't exactly stormed out of the gates as I thought they might with a healthy Printers. Will be hard-pressed to qualify for the playoffs and that's saying a lot, considering we're talking about the CFL here!

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=328759
Puck
MVP
MVP

Re: Printers Done for the Year?

Post by Puck »

Damn. Printers puts people in the stands. He's naturally talented to the point where he can pull off an amazing play at any time which keeps you watching in anticipation. Team-wise, the Lions *should* be able to hang in there with Lulay/Jacskon, but oh how the mighty have fallen in the last two years*. I have tickets for the Calgary game on the 7th, here's hoping that the Stamps don't pound the daylights out of us.

* I'm beginning to wonder if we are now seeing the effects of Bob Ackles' absence.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Wow...the career that coulda been. Amazing how things have gone since his rookie year.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I can't believe the Lions are 1-4 and losing to that dung pile of a team the call the Eskimos, but I felt that it was going to happen.

Travis Lulay isn't ready to head up this team and freaking Jarius and Casey are always hurt. UGH

I'll be at the game on August 7th. My first game at Empire since the move. I hope for a win.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

LotusBlossom wrote:I can't believe the Lions are 1-4 and losing to that dung pile of a team the call the Eskimos, but I felt that it was going to happen.

Travis Lulay isn't ready to head up this team and freaking Jarius and Casey are always hurt. UGH

I'll be at the game on August 7th. My first game at Empire since the move. I hope for a win.

i was at the first game, against the Roughriders. great atmosphere. have fun LB
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Printers got over his injuries (or did he?).

Now he lost the starters position based on his horrible play.

Wow, who'd a thunk it a couple of months ago?
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

It's quite a mess. The O-line is hanging on for dear life. They are not a great unit and the play-calling/scheme doesn't do enough to slow down the rush (often a blitz). As such, ALL the QBs are running for their lives back there. Casey was actually looking really good when he had time to throw. As soon as he started running around behind the LOS he wasn't protecting the ball and he got stripped of it a bunch of times. Fact is Printers' passing numbers are better than the other guys, but his fumbling cost them the game against the Ti-Cats. If Lulay can control the ball and put some (13? 17?) points up, the D might be able to get the rest done.

Really though... it's a quarterbacks graveyard in BC at the moment. :?