COMMIE CYCLISTS ARE AT IT AGAIN

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

COMMIE CYCLISTS ARE AT IT AGAIN

Post by DavidPratt_ »

PEOPLE…SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG HERE…
THIS PAST WEEK, THE CITY OF VANCOUVER OPENED THE DUNSMUIR STREET BIKE LANE…
IT IS THE LATEST ADDITION TO A PROJECT TO CREATE 55 KILO-METERS OF BIKE LANES IN THIS CITY AT A COST OF $25 MILLION DOLLARS…
ALL THIS TO ACCOMMODATE A HANDFULL OF “FAIR WEATHER” CYCLISTS…
WHO NOW BELIEVE THEY NOW OWN THE ROADS OF THIS CITY…
THESE PEOPLE BELIEVE THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CREATE A “DAILY TRAFFIC JAM” OF 20 THOUSAND CARS…
ALL SPEWING MILLIONS OF TONS OF CARBON MONOXIDE…
WHILE AT THE SAME TIME…YELLING INTO THE FACES OF THOSE DRIVERS…”GO GREEN”…
ON THE LAST FRIDAY OF EVERY MONTH…THESE SAME BOZOS SHUT DOWN THE CITY…BY STAGING A PROTEST CALLED “CRITAL MASS”…
IT’S ILLEGAL AND INCREDIBLY IRRESPONSIBLE…BUT NOBODY EVER GETS ARRESTED…
WHY???
BECAUSE THE LEADER OF THESE “PIN HEADS” IS THE MAYOR OF VANCOUVER GREGOR ROBERTSON…
A MAN WHO CLEARLY DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF VANCOUVER TAXPAYERS WHO PAY HIS SALARY…
ACCORDING TO THE CITY’S OWN CENSUS DATA…96 PERCENT OF PEOPLE WHO LIVE AND WORK IN VANCOUVER…
DRIVE CARS TO WORK…
THAT’S 96 PERCENT…
THOSE NUMBERS DO NOT INCLUDE THE 100 PERCENT OF PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN THE LOWER MAINLAND…
WHO ALSO WORK IN VANCOUVER AND NEED THIER CARS TO MAKE A LIVING…
AND IT DOES NOT ADDRESS THE NEGATIVE IMPACT THAT IT IS HAVING ON THE HOTELS…RESTAURANTS…AND SHOPS…
ALL OF WHICH PAY TAXES AND EMPLOYEE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE…
THE BIKE LANE ON THE BURRARD STREET BRIDGE IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF THE DAMAGE THAT IS BEING DONE TO THIS CITY…
EVERY DAY…TRAFFIC IS BACKED UP IN ALL DIRECTIONS…WHILE THE BIKE LINE REMAINS UN-USED…
ALL THANKS TO A COMPLETELY “CORUPTED” POLITICAL SYSTEM…LED BY A MAYOR WHO HAS CLEARLY SOLD HIS SOUL…TO “SPECIAL INTEREST” GROUPS…
THIS IS THE SAME CLOWN WHO BELIEVES GIVING AWAY “MILLION DOLLAR CONDOS” TO THE HOMELESS IS A GOOD IDEA…
IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS THE CITY OF VANCOUVER WILL BUILD OVER 500 UNITS ON THE MOST EXPENSIVE REAL ESTATE IN NORTH AMERICA AT A COST OF $225 MILLION DOLLARS…
WHILE AT THE SAME TIME…NOT ADDRESSING ANY OF THE CAUSES OF THE PROBLEM…
STARTING WITH DRUG AND ALCOHOL ADDICTION…
THE ANSWER IS TO GET POLITICALLY ACTIVE…
MAKE SURE YOUR VOICE IS HEARD…AND YOUR VOTE IN COUNTED…
THE NEXT VANCOUVER ELECTION IS ONLY A YEAR AWAY…
IT IS OUR OPPORTUNITY TO “RIGHT” THIS TERRIBLE “WRONG”…

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: COMMIE CYCLISTS ARE AT IT AGAIN

Post by ClamRussel »

How hard is it to post in the "Bar & Grill" with something so completely non-Canuck related? ...let alone a political rant in caps lock.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Thanks Clam - it's moved.

Now if only there was a mod tool for 'all caps'. :roll:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
trouble

Post by trouble »

You people in Vancouver voted that clown in why don't you vote him out when ya get the chance..
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

THESE LEFT-WING CLOWNS ARE GETTING AWAY WITH RIDICULOUS TREE-HUGGING BEHAVIOUR BECAUSE 'MOON UNIT' GREGOR IS RIGHT THERE WITH THEM.

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

DavidPratt_ wrote:THESE LEFT-WING CLOWNS ARE GETTING AWAY WITH RIDICULOUS TREE-HUGGING BEHAVIOUR BECAUSE 'MOON UNIT' GREGOR IS RIGHT THERE WITH THEM.

Moon Unit! hahaha. :rofl:

I believe whether you're a motorist or a cyclist, you should follow the rules of the road. We have many bad drivers in Vancouver, I can only imagine the amount of bad cyclists. I tend to keep my cycling to the trails on Seymour and Pt. Robert's these days. When I head downtown, unless I am lugging a ton of stuff, I will take the Skytrain (not the bus but the train). It's convenient, no stress (for the most part) and I can usually read a little.

I wouldn't mind the bike lanes if the majority of the people who use them, use them properly. A good friend of mine and poster on this board rides his/her bike to work from Kitsilano to Stanley Park during the spring and summer. This person has also complained about bad riders, and this person is a cyclist.

Doing your part for the environment is one thing, but to 'take over' because it's in your special interest is another.

Mr. Pratt, I agree with you about the moron cyclists and I hate critical mass. I've been stuck in traffic in the downtown core because of critical mass before and it's not right, it's simply just a slap in the face of what they are trying to achieve.

It can work out, if the issue is addressed further, but like a lot of left-wing factions( I tend to teeter on the fence), the people who are usually part of the protest are usually the idiots that would wreck something because it's in their best interest. They remind me of people who tried to vandalize the downtown core during the Olympics and drive (or ride in this case) on streets that were closed off because of a sense of self-entitlement.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

JUSTINE,

THE SPECIAL-INTEREST COMMIE PINKOS THINK THAT ONCE THEY GOT GREGOR 'HIPPIE' ROBERTSON ELECTED INTO OFFICE, THEY WERE RUNNING THE SHOW AND TELLING GUYS LIKE ME WHAT TO DO. GUESS WHAT? I'VE HAD IT! TRY DRIVING AROUND IN DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER WHERE SOME CLOWN GIVES YOU THE FINGER AS HE RUNS A RED LIGHT OR A STOP SIGN.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. BIKING IS FINE. BIKING AND IGNORING THE LAWS AND SHOVING YOUR IDEAS DOWN THE THROATS OF THE REST OF US IS NOT. NEXT YEAR, VOTE GREGOR AND HIS LEFT-WING CLOWNS OUT OF OFFICE AND HOPEFULLY ON TO A DESOLATE HIPPIE COMMUNE ISLAND WHERE WE NEVER HAVE TO SEE THEM AGAIN.

DP

nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

DavidPratt_ wrote:JUSTINE,

THE SPECIAL-INTEREST COMMIE PINKOS THINK THAT ONCE THEY GOT GREGOR 'HIPPIE' ROBERTSON ELECTED INTO OFFICE, THEY WERE RUNNING THE SHOW AND TELLING GUYS LIKE ME WHAT TO DO. GUESS WHAT? I'VE HAD IT! TRY DRIVING AROUND IN DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER WHERE SOME CLOWN GIVES YOU THE FINGER AS HE RUNS A RED LIGHT OR A STOP SIGN.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. BIKING IS FINE. BIKING AND IGNORING THE LAWS AND SHOVING YOUR IDEAS DOWN THE THROATS OF THE REST OF US IS NOT. NEXT YEAR, VOTE GREGOR AND HIS LEFT-WING CLOWNS OUT OF OFFICE AND HOPEFULLY ON TO A DESOLATE HIPPIE COMMUNE ISLAND WHERE WE NEVER HAVE TO SEE THEM AGAIN.

DP

Uh-oh he's first naming ya LB lol.

Well first off I agree. Do I think it's important to have these bike lanes in our fair city? Of course! But why, WHY, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, must it cause headaches for the rest of the damn city so a 4% margin can feel special? I'm all for buildibng bike lanes, I really am, but not shutting down lanes on major traffic routes in the process! LB, believe me, if I was in any oppertunity to commute using the SkyTrain, I would. But I commute from Maple Ridge everyday to work construction. Not exactly the easiest job on the planet, and it takes a toll on you. And after 8-10...sometimes even up to 16 hour days of heavy lifting and dehydration, the last thing I need is to sit in traffic for 3 hours, so that some whiny little pricks on his bike can verbally abuse me on a daily basis! AND I MEAN DAILY! Whats wrong with building the bike lanes using side streets? Or alley ways?

As for the "critical mass".....next time it see happens. Open Season on Bikers.
Bump but no fall: 10 points
Knock off bike: 25 points
Knock off bike, Shoes fall off: 50 points
Knock em off the bike and run the bike over, bending it in half: 1000 points

report back to General Nucklehead with your scores and the winner gets a new bumper for their car
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
trouble

Post by trouble »

DavidPratt_ wrote:JUSTINE,

DP
Doesn't it rain in Vancouver 50% of the time.. yes this idea may work in some city's but not a city that was built in the middle of a rain forest
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

[quote="nucklehead_88"]Uh-oh he's first naming ya LB lol./quote]

OOPS. SORRY, IT'S LOTUS BLOSSOM. 8-)

DP

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

nucklehead_88 wrote: But why, WHY, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, must it cause headaches for the rest of the damn city so a 4% margin can feel special? the last thing I need is to sit in traffic for 3 hours, so that some whiny little pricks on his bike can verbally abuse me on a daily basis! AND I MEAN DAILY! Whats wrong with building the bike lanes using side streets? Or alley ways?

YOU AND ME BOTH BUDDY

As for the "critical mass".....next time it see happens. Open Season on Bikers.
Bump but no fall: 10 points
Knock off bike: 25 points
Knock off bike, Shoes fall off: 50 points
Knock em off the bike and run the bike over, bending it in half: 1000 points

report back to General Nucklehead with your scores and the winner gets a new bumper for their car

LET'S MAKE THIS A REAL-LIVE VIDEO GAME. HOPEFULLY GREGOR IS OUT ON HIS BIKE WITH SUNFLOWERS IN THE SPOKES. KNOCKING HIM OFF IN MY MERCEDES WOULD BE 500 POINTS. :lol:

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

As someone that's been hit by an idiot driver and put in the hospital, I'm not finding this too funny.

I'm sure there's better solutions, but hitting riders is not one of them - even in a joking way.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

I've been lurking for months, but had to say something.

Pratt, you're a twat. An incredibly ignorant, selfish, short-sighted twat. The fact that 96% of vancouverites depend on fossil fuel transportation shows just how important it is to begin restructuring the city and changing the habits of the people who live there. That means not just biking, but applies to many aspects of how we run our cities.

Get your fat a** out of your heated leather seats and try an alternative from time to time. You probably think all those protesters at the G20 are just whiney anarchist brats with nothing better to do, as the mass-media has been promoting with no in -depth look at the real issues at the heart of why, year after year, people from all over the world risk themselves in the same way.

And I'll tell you this, for every a**hole biker out there (of which I'm sure there are many, I've also met them) there are 100 a**hole drivers, ESPECIALLY in Vancouver! Our city planners somehow drank the kool-aid of the oil industry and built absolutely everything around the use of automobiles, and we're paying the price now. $25 mil on bike lanes, yes THAT is the big irrational cost that the city has invested in over the past few years.... some bike lanes. Not the olympics, a party for the rich, or any of the numerous other ridiculous expendatures. All this rage from Pratt seems a little childish. Not that I'm surprised. This is the guy who copy & Paste's from sports illustrated, prints it as his own and expects nobody to notice. The fact that there are people like you all over the planet is what really scares me.

We've had this discussion, and Pratt is still a doucebag
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-dr ... le1632019/

Aha, can't wait for peak oil to hit...

Watermelon Man = Double P
8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Well, it's permanent now

A few quotes of note...
A city report found the bike lanes did make the trip across the bridge longer by up to six minutes for vehicles, but only in certain directions at particular times.
Up to a whole 6 min? in peak times? I know, it's asking allot. I can see where all the rage comes from...
The councillors unanimously approved a $2-million plan that will include permanent replacements for the concrete barricade on the bridge deck.
Before Pratt rants on about the "Leftist Commies", notice it was a unanimous decision by council members, meaning all who are involved in the decision, leftists, righties and moon-units alike voted in agreement with the plan.

But just keep blaming the Leftist Commies for creating bike lanes in a car-saturated environment. I'll keep blaming the The arrogance of the great capitalists for destroying the very system that sustains life on our planet. To each his own I guess.