GDT: R2G5 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm, CBC, VS`

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

If you had to bet $1000 on the game tonight, even odds - who do you pick?

Poll ended at Mon May 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Canucks
70%
Hawks
30%

Total votes: 10

the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: R2G5 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm, CBC, VS`

Post by the toucan kid »

I'm not sure who is was, I believe Tommy L, but it was noted if a team wants to turn around a series, change moment from what seems like death they need to produce a galvanising moment. Something special, if ever there was one it was getting out of that period with a shutout.
That will have to come in Game 6 I expect, and you're probably right they would need something of that sort to get all the way back.

But... let's not get ahead of the score clock.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

the toucan kid wrote:
But... let's not get ahead of the score clock.
No Shit.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

HAH!

New Rule for next season:

"A holding penalty shall be assessed to any player, regardless of body position, that uses his free (non-stick) hand to make contact of any sort with an opposing player."

Salo last game. Johnson this game. It's not holding if you use your free hand to make body contact, assuming you have body position.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Raymond is playing like a champ.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Certainly can't blame Lou there.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Salo last game. Johnson this game. It's not holding if you use your free hand to make body contact, assuming you have body position.
If we're thinking of the same Salo call, I hated that more than just about anything. I thought he made a truly skillful and disciplined defensive play on that rush.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

the toucan kid wrote:

If we're thinking of the same Salo call, I hated that more than just about anything. I thought he made a truly skillful and disciplined defensive play on that rush.
That we are my talented adversary. That call was simply awful. Salo protected his ice, maintained body position, the puck was right there, so he wasn't interfering. It's pretty hard to "hold" someone, in hockey terms, when you're in front of them.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Quiet at the United Center. Nice!
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Un

fucking

believable!
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Sid Dithers wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:BTW Sid.... WTF is up with a Teen-Wolf (Toews) quote in your signature?? Plenty of more inspirational teenage quotes to pick from buddy.
The kid's a helluva player. He came into GM Place and led his team to 2 impressive wins. I like the quote. It's a lot better than Roberto "I don't know what happened" Luongo's musings. Just sayin'...
'dems lynching words Sid!

Great effort. Nice to see the boys show a little class with a gutsy effort. That's all you can ask of them. Shame Luo lost the shutout but he was much better tonight and there wasn't anything he could do about the Toews goal. It was really important to prevent them from scoring a second, beyond this game I mean, and he was able to do that when the Canucks basically sat back on that lead. Was great to see them score on the empty net just to rub it in. Personally I wish it had been Wellwood. How good has he been? Absolutely love this guy, despite his infuriating ways. You've got to respect a player who leaves his best for the playoffs, even if he's completely useless 90% of the season! :lol:
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Wellwood. Man, was it three months ago he didn't deserve a free pair of skates from the team. Why was he on the ice. But, dam you gotta give him credit. The mans' got jam and a lot of pride. Not to mention the craziest skills... lol

The Sedins looked aweful.. what the hell is wrong with them? Also. Kesler was so bad he must be hurt... he continued to coast at every given opportunity.. he just can't skate. Bummer.

We live to drink another day!!!! :D
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

rockalt wrote:Great effort. Nice to see the boys show a little class with a gutsy effort. That's all you can ask of them. Shame Luo lost the shutout but he was much better tonight
Agreed - and they only goal they got was after a big rebound (the only one?). Great game by the good guys!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Robert wrote:Also. Kesler was so bad he must be hurt... he continued to coast at every given opportunity.. he just can't skate. Bummer.
Yeah, it's very clear he's injured significantly. :(
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

It's just been reported Salo blew a nut, er I mean a testicle. WTF ouch.

Trouble, was hoping he'd be ok for tuesday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Robert wrote:Wellwood. Man, was it three months ago he didn't deserve a free pair of skates from the team. Why was he on the ice. But, dam you gotta give him credit. The mans' got jam and a lot of pride. Not to mention the craziest skills... lol
Wellwood is a genius, He understands that you only have to 'perform' in pre-season (to keep your job) and in the post-season ( to get your next contract) to be successful in today's NHL. As long as he doesn't cost the team too many games during the regular season, I"ll keep him. He has talent, he has hands, but PLEASE don't expect him to perform during the regular season.

"GO KYLE"
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."