GDT: R2G5 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm, CBC, VS`

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

If you had to bet $1000 on the game tonight, even odds - who do you pick?

Poll ended at Mon May 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Canucks
70%
Hawks
30%

Total votes: 10

Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: R2G5 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm, CBC, VS`

Post by Sid Dithers »

Canucks aren't playing great, but are showing a lot of jam. Gotta like it.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I would have to say that getting out of that period not getting scored on is one of the most astonishing things I've ever seen. Wow!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Once again, the ref's a proving that they are the biggest joke in professional sports officiating.

Slash on Daniel, Trips by Hank and Bieksa, all in about 45 seconds. None called.

Although its nice to see the Hawk fans get a taste of our medicine... it certainly looks like they'll need to revamp their officiating game-plan for next year.

SO FAR... Kevin Bieksa's best game of the season. Let's hope he can keep this level up for the remainder of our season, however long it may be.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Umm... I would have to say the score indicates otherwise. The Canucks are playing as well as you could expect facing such adversity. For once they are actually listening to their own advice about playing between the whistles (save Henrik's revenge trip on Bolland).

Really hope Sedin is okay. That was an unnecessary slash and one that could have changed the outcome of that powerplay. In the ref's defense, they did ignore the blatant Bieksa trip to make up for it :hmmm:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

This is what I wanted to see a few nights ago.

Apparently Luongo needs to shave more often. I hope that Salo's back - doesn't look good, but we can prey. Bieksa, he should be fired up now. :D

Except for Alberts brain-fart up the middle, this team has been playing flawless hockey.

GO CANUCKS GO!!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Playing with jam yes, but more astonishing is their doing with the Sedins playing terrible, Kesler terrible, Burrows not so good, Demitra aweful.. I mean who the fuck is left???

Wellwood, Grabner Raymond (even though he missed two opps!) and Bieksa are beating the fuckhawks?????

This is crazy shit
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Luongo now needs to do what he's expected to do: shut the door when it matters.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Cornuck wrote: Except for Alberts brain-fart up the middle, this team has been playing flawless hockey.
LOL

Shit house luck dude. For a change. chicago sucks... I don't even wanna watch the replay of Kesler coasting.. no standing! at center ice while the hawks skate into our zone.. and don't get me started on the Sedinery.

But, granted there is something good going on... Luongo and the between the ears thing and chicago sucking is making up for the half the team that sucks.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Slash on Daniel, Trips by Hank and Bieksa, all in about 45 seconds. None called.
They're going our way to, don't kid yourself. It's not well officiated at all, but it's not biased.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

toucan, honestly. Two were ONLY given to us for sympathy and when they've missed ones on them. If Obrien doesn't do a bleedout, and Sedin doesn't get missed we've got three more against us.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Sundin = trashed. :lol:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

the toucan kid wrote:
They're going our way to, don't kid yourself. It's not well officiated at all, but it's not biased.
Never said they weren't going our way... in fact I pointed out that we were getting the calls. The reffing has been awful in every series, almost every game, all playoffs long. I've never seen such consistently bad reffing in playoff games.

BTW Sid.... WTF is up with a Teen-Wolf (Toews) quote in your signature?? Plenty of more inspirational teenage quotes to pick from buddy.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I'm not sure who is was, I believe Tommy L, but it was noted if a team wants to turn around a series, change moment from what seems like death they need to produce a galvanising moment. Something special, if ever there was one it was getting out of that period with a shutout.

If this team has any jam they gotta build on this.. just say TO HELL WITH YOU CHICAGO!!
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Never said they weren't going our way... in fact I pointed out that we were getting the calls. The reffing has been awful in every series, almost every game, all playoffs long. I've never seen such consistently bad reffing in playoff games.
Read that wrong, "on" instead of "by." Apologies.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Island Nucklehead wrote:BTW Sid.... WTF is up with a Teen-Wolf (Toews) quote in your signature?? Plenty of more inspirational teenage quotes to pick from buddy.
The kid's a helluva player. He came into GM Place and led his team to 2 impressive wins. I like the quote. It's a lot better than Roberto "I don't know what happened" Luongo's musings. Just sayin'...
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!