GDT: R2G5 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm, CBC, VS`

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

If you had to bet $1000 on the game tonight, even odds - who do you pick?

Poll ended at Mon May 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Canucks
70%
Hawks
30%

Total votes: 10

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: R2G5 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm, CBC, VS`

Post by Cornuck »

Well, the big question is "Will I be shaving tonight?" This could be the last GDT of the season, so I'll make it brief.

It's do or die because the fat lady is warming up. It ain't over 'til it's over, and that means we need to give 110%. We just have to go out and play hard and hope we get some bounces. We know we can play better, we just need better execution and just need to take it one game at a time.

Just remember that we control our own destiny and in the playoffs, anything can happen. The Hawks are in the driver's seat, but we just need to steal this one on the road to stay alive. Even though we're behind the 8-ball, we're down but not out. Our backs are against the wall and if we lose, we go home.

We just need to put the puck on the net - good things will happen. We've got to keep our wits about us and keep our heads in the game. We need to circle the wagons and get back on track, because there's still lots of hockey left to be played.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R2G5 - Canucks @ Hawks - 5pm, CBC, VS`

Post by Cookie La Rue »

GDT: R2G5 - Hawks host Canucks - 5:00 pm
by Cookie La Rue on Sun May 09, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm praying the whole day because i never was so much pissed about this mess than before.

Tonight they can start to write history or go home and be ashamed the whole summer long. Time to show if our players just have a big mouth and being pussies or not. :devil:

I really planned to be in Van in several weeks, so let's go.

GO CANUCKS GO

ps: deleted my topic and send it right here. ;)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
YEGCanuck
AHL Prospect

Post by YEGCanuck »

Hey guys we can do this you have got to have faith. Like SOB said all the preasure will be on the Hawks. We have have come back from the brink before and can do it again. And if by chance it is not meant to be it is not the end of the world. I am thinking MG will do everything possible to strenthen our team for next season.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

i got me a nice big bottle of 151 proof and a bottle of Gin waiting for me for when this one is over.....i'm on my 9th beer and its 1pm...im hoping to be boozed up enough to pass out on cue if we go down by 2
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

nucklehead_88 wrote:i'm on my 9th beer and its 1pm...im hoping to be boozed up enough to pass out on cue if we go down by 2
Me too and i'm planning to stay up the whole night. Let's see how much braveheart they have...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajgZkyPnzN4
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I don't even know what to say here. What can you say? ( I feel like AV here)

I heard Demetra is in. So he leaves it till the last game to show if he wants to be a player or not. I guess that's a story line.

go canucks go.

Small caps denotes excitement level.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

its gunna be a loooooooooooooooong night cookie
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Alright boys, time to make a stand. Time to get their heads in the game and not with what the Hawks are doing/saying. Time to forget that they're the Hawks and that they were beaten by these same Hawks last year.

Demitra's in. Last chance for him to market himself to the league because I will be surprised if he comes back next year.

Luongo shaved, so here's hoping that he's coming in with a fresh slate psychyologically. Honestly, he just has to re-set, refocus and get his head in his game and we will stand a chance here. Otherwise, Monday morning is going to be ugly.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I really don't know what's up with you guys about "Dimitri" :lol:

Taking the 4 mil aside he's a finesse player who at least can pass the puck and not stumbling it around. I'm glad when he's playing.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx62rWaOmps
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Ridleyfan »

Cornuck wrote:Well, the big question is "Will I be shaving tonight?" This could be the last GDT of the season, so I'll make it brief.

It's do or die because the fat lady is warming up. It ain't over 'til it's over, and that means we need to give 110%. We just have to go out and play hard and hope we get some bounces. We know we can play better, we just need better execution and just need to take it one game at a time.

Just remember that we control our own destiny and in the playoffs, anything can happen. The Hawks are in the driver's seat, but we just need to steal this one on the road to stay alive. Even though we're behind the 8-ball, we're down but not out. Our backs are against the wall and if we lose, we go home.

We just need to put the puck on the net - good things will happen. We've got to keep our wits about us and keep our heads in the game. We need to circle the wagons and get back on track, because there's still lots of hockey left to be played.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Epic win collection of cliches! Total pwnage! Hawks will know they've been served! It's on! Go big or go home! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0u-tUqogs8
1 hour to go, the rage will start..... :drink: :cheers:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

nucklehead_88 wrote:its gunna be a loooooooooooooooong night cookie
Just has started...44 minutes to go rock'n roooollll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuJy6Ya4io
The sleeping giant will awake !!!
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Glad that Demitra is in.. hopefully the other multimillion dollar players earn their paycheck too.. No more dumb offensive zone penalties for the Sedins. Luongo stops the puck and holds on to it.. Kesler has a break through game.. Bieksa quits looking like a beer league dman.. Ok.. I'll settle for just reasonable play from all of the above..and we will get a win.. !
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

This HNIC is just beyond insipid and Ron McLean is coming across like a complete dope.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

the toucan kid wrote:This HNIC is just beyond insipid and Ron McLean is coming across like a complete dope.
You should be listening to the team. Wow Tommy sure is emotional tonight, I wish he was in the dressing room. Gotta love his passion.