GDT: R2G4 - Canucks host Hawks - 6:30pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Robert
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R2G4 - Canucks host Hawks - 6:30pm - CBC, VS

Post by Robert »

by Robert on April 25, 1994, 9:58 am

I know it seems daunting this task ahead of us but hey I still believe. I realize the five goals we got in game one may have inflated our ego's and made us a little complacent since then. They've run our goalie a couple times which got him off his game. He'll get his game back I just know. They've now been able to score 7 goals on us which is a surprise yes.. but we can tighten up in the back end. It's all about team defense.

One game at a time, tomorrow we'll head back to Calgary and play our game and if we do I'm sure we'll come back to Van only down by one.

It can be done!
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Robert wrote:by Robert on April 25, 1994, 9:58 am

I know it seems daunting this task ahead of us but hey I still believe. I realize the five goals we got in game one may have inflated our ego's and made us a little complacent since then. They've run our goalie a couple times which got him off his game. He'll get his game back I just know. They've now been able to score 7 goals on us which is a surprise yes.. but we can tighten up in the back end. It's all about team defense.

One game at a time, tomorrow we'll head back to Calgary and play our game and if we do I'm sure we'll come back to Van only down by one.

It can be done!
That's awesome. Didn't catch on until I read Calgary (wasn't paying attention to the date). Where'd you pull that up from?
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

8-)

Notice the scores... back then we killed first game and scored five goals.. they came back and were able to get seven on us.. also there were stories of them running "Captain Kirk" (interesting.. he was captain in name) to get him off his game.

But, I bet that team had more confidence, and believed in themselves.
trouble

Post by trouble »

Where to Start.

I Hate it that i'm always right.

We are going nowhere with AV in the playoffs.. He is ok during the regular season, But doesn't have what it takes in the playoffs. He is a bad coach with a good team. He can not adapt to the changes in the game...He was out coached by Q. Lets hope this will change on Sunday but i doubt it

SOB.. A couple of bone head plays but it was good to see him stand up to bafoon... SOB was the only player on the Canucks who was driving to the net..He did it twice in the third period.This is where the hawks break down.. Could someone please tell Raymond that speed kills if you drive to the net.. Is he scared he is gonna get his pretty little face messed up.. He played an Ok game but was always to the outside... If he drives to the net the puck will come bouncing out and his linemates can come in on a second wave and get the rebounds.

Loungo and Hank are playing hurt. No doubt in my mind..

Kesler maybe hurt aswell. Or he sucked the Canucks into a huge contract and is now just taking the money.. One or the other.

Bowness needs to go with AV.. The only one i would keep is Walter. In fact i would give him a shot as head coach
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

But, I bet that team had more confidence, and believed in themselves
Yep and they had ballzzzz.. if you had your choice in a crucial game ... Linden and Bure or the Sedins??

This game was lost on bad goaltending plus 3 offensive zone penalties by our top line in the second period.. Thanks Daniel and Burrows .. :(... Our best players turned out to be our biggest liability.. All world goaltender.. Art Ross trophy.. mean shite if you can't do it in the big games.. Soft goals.. no rebound control and a piss poor defensive effort all around.. Playing with pure panic in the 3rd.. it was over. Grabner ..?? take Demitra any day just for his defensive play and all around smarts.. Its a pretty sad day when your best players is Kyle Wellwood ..

Damm it sucks to be a Canucks fan somedays.. Going to be a long summer.. Luongo was seen buying new golf clubs last week !.. ( ok... bs.. but seems to fit his play )...
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

last night made me give my liver a workout and a half. i aparenly dont mix well with Gin. im so embarrased right now, i just cant believe it.

but still.....

if montreal cant come back against washington, we can do it too.....................i hope
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

We are going nowhere with AV in the playoffs.. He is ok during the regular season, But doesn't have what it takes in the playoffs. He is a bad coach with a good team. He can not adapt to the changes in the game...He was out coached by Q. Lets hope this will change on Sunday but i doubt it
Easy to say. But you still have a case to make.