GDT: R2G4 - Canucks host Hawks - 6:30pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Frog Wop

Post by Sid Dithers »

Arachnid wrote:
Is S(h)id Dickers the biggest possible asswipe in the HisStory of HisSttorY?????????
No, that's still you.

And tomorrow morning I'll be sober, and out in the warm sunshine of Vancouver having a great day, while you will be dying on the toilet with breathe ranker than a bald-eagle's crotch, living in Toronto and trying to duck this entirely embarassing, turd-of-a-post that you nicely laid out for the gang here. You are a classless, moronic buffoon who needs to grow up and stay away from the bottle for awhile. Ee-dee-ot.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Robert
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R2G4 - Canucks host Hawks - 6:30pm - CBC, VS

Post by Robert »

There is a glimmer of hope.

I do still believe...

I have no doubt that Casey Printers has been able to resorect his career and will light it up this year.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Sid Dithers wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Is S(h)id Dickers the biggest possible asswipe in the HisStory of HisSttorY?????????
No, that's still you.

And tomorrow morning I'll be sober, and out in the warm sunshine of Vancouver having a great day, while you will be dying on the toilet with breathe ranker than a bald-eagle's crotch, living in Toronto and trying to duck this entirely embarassing, turd-of-a-post that you nicely laid out for the gang here. You are a classless, moronic buffoon who needs to grow up and stay away from the bottle for awhile. Ee-dee-ot.
And tomorrow morning I'll be sober
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck me, it's bean in the 20's this Spring....weird...no such thing as climate change driving carbon Peak Oil based cars/SUVs...)
I am the Hundredth fan you will ever be you Racist piece of shit... faggot scum I have exposed you to be...I am twice the human being you will ever be... who gives a fuck where you live. it's all about loyalty you MoreRon ;) ;) (do you ever even read the paper??????????????)...maybe you'll know a thing about passion and being a real fan you Mommy fucking pedophile (sorry Mods for making you r day....LOL)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Robert wrote:There is a glimmer of hope.

I do still believe...

I have no doubt that Casey Printers has been able to resorect his career and will light it up this year.
Robert

Share you Gin Brand YOU BASTURD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on FuZion!!!!!!!!!!!! now :/
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Yeah conspiracy theory... I never did weigh in on this shit
Did i ? Now clearly, the reffing has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of this series.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Arachnid wrote: Fuck me, it's bean in the 20's this Spring....weird...no such thing as climate change driving carbon Peak Oil based cars/SUVs...)
I am the Hundredth fan you will ever be you Racist piece of shit... faggot scum I have exposed you to be...I am twice the human being you will ever be... who gives a fuck where you live. it's all about loyalty you MoreRon ;) ;) (do you ever even read the paper??????????????)...maybe you'll know a thing about passion and being a real fan you Mommy fucking pedophile (sorry Mods for making you r day....LOL)
Make that two turd-of-a-posts. Two and counting, apparently. ;)
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

I'm so pissed off and embarassed to be a Canucks fan right now.
I think I'll just wait till it's over (Sunday?) to weigh in on this B.S.

EDIT : I'm not embarrassed to be a Canuck fan .... I'm embarrassed to be associated with some Canuck fans right now.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
Yeah conspiracy theory... I never did weigh in on this shit
Did i ? Now clearly, the reffing has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of this series.
...be better than you are...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

woodhog wrote:I'm so pissed off and embarassed to be a Canucks fan right now.
I think I'll just wait till it's over (Sunday?) to weigh in on this B.S.

EDIT : I'm not embarrassed to be a Canuck fan .... I'm embarrassed to be associated with some Canuck fans right now.
:lol: 8-)

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT....You are embarAssed to be associated with YOUR FUCKING SELF?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I skipped to the last page in this, and apparently there is a lot of cock-jaws going at it so I'm happy I did so, and I apologize to those that my have said my sentiments before me... but here we go:

1) Our PK sucks. If we can't kill a penalty then we're going to lose. They will crash our crease and muck it up with impunity. Their PP is working, so when they can "take a chance" by taking a penalty they will. And we have no recouse but to hope for a make-up call and hope our PP does some damage. Kesler watches Toews (from 2 feet away) take a pass and shoot with not even a stick on him. There's little attack in them, it's reactionary and waiting for a shot.

2) Our PP isn't getting it done. It's far too outside and pretty. We have no/little net presence. There is very little traffic on Niemi, and if there is their guys are blocking the correct shooting lanes.

3) AV is getting out-coached (again). We had home-ice changes, and he continues to believe the Sedins can play against anyone. They can't. They need to play against the weaker pairings, with greasier line-mates, and with a greasier goal in mind. They have to go to the net. The final goal we scored proves this. Go to the net. Too many times tonight the Canucks sat on the outside looking for a clean shot from the point while giving the Hawks time to get into the shooting lanes. Go to the Cage (as they say in lacrosse).

4) We're getting out-bounced. Face it, the puck goes off several skates, kicks off Johnson straight to Sharp... not much we can do about it. It's just fact. The bounces aren't going our way.

5) Reffing. It's been fairly awful all series. We have gotten away with some, but it's hard to watch penalties get called against the Canucks like Kopecky (sp) going down on the Raymond hook (shoulda been 2 for 2) and the Sedin "cross check" and the Seabrook jump into the net, without mentioning. We might be able to create our own penalites, but the margin of calls in this series is certainly tilting in the Hawks favour.

I'd hate to sound like the bitching fan... but that's what I see. We're getting outplayed on the specialty teams (which is the biggest thing), but we're also getting out-bounced, out-called and finally out-coached. Things will have to change in game five.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The worst part is that we had moments of brilliance. We played really well at some points. The problem was that the Hawks played consistently. They weathered the 'storm' and made the most of their chances. They didn't panic, they didn't take stupid penalties and they just played their game.

Some really bad penalties - don't blame the refs, we lost our cool. Big time.

Luongo got outplayed - again. Hate to say I told you so, but I saw this coming. I REALLY REALLY hope that he is injured and has some kind of surgery to his hand so that he can control rebounds and hold his stick.

This team - as it looks now - is not capable of coming back from a 3-1 series. I'll cheer them til the end, but this is just a repeat of last year. We're getting embarrassed by the Hawks in the second round - again.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: This team - as it looks now - is not capable of coming back from a 3-1 series. I'll cheer them til the end, but this is just a repeat of last year. We're getting embarrassed by the Hawks in the second round - again.
Worse than last year.

We surprized them with game one. Since then it's been pretty much all Hawks.

This isn't a young team. This isn't a team that can blame being shell-shocked. This is a team with an Art Ross trophy winner (and potential MVP), and a supposedly all-world goalie on it's roster.

Specialty teams is junk. Discipline is piss-poor. Skill is lacking. Confidence is lacking.

Where's Toucan saying "I told you so??" in al this?!?!? ( Wisely Staying out of this cuz I might take your IP address down and attack your house with toilet paper I might add!! :lol:) Before you jump in, bud: look at the Montreal Canadians and tell me they're a better team than us.

In all reality this team is BETTER than the team that the Hawks faced last year. That's the sad part. They haven't got the specialty teams (!!!!!!!!!!BIG DEAL!!!!!!!), coaching adjustments, bounces, clutch players, or calls that are needed to win a series. That's it.... and that list is pretty much everything you need to go deep in the playoffs.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Specialty teams is junk. Discipline is piss-poor. Skill is lacking. Confidence is lacking. ... coaching adjustments, bounces, clutch players, or calls that are needed to win a series. That's it.... and that list is pretty much everything you need to go deep in the playoffs.
Assuming we lose this series, do we see AV next year?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Assuming we lose this series, do we see AV next year?
It's very hard to fire your coach (sorry Trouble) for finishing up where you think your team ranks up.

Bear in mind, Chicago is a good team. Can we beat them? I think we can, and this team has proved they have the talent to do so.

BUT, if MG feels that this team was outcoached SEVERLY and advanced past LA despite their coaching, then maybe. I dunno. I can't see a situation where you fire a coach because he took his team to the second round of the playoffs.

AV hasn't kept control of his bench. Which is a big no-no. Then again, Shane O'Brien was one of few Canucks that showed ANY emotion in game four.

MG wanted an offensively dymnamic team and AV provided that. He proved he can lead both a defensively responsible team (06-07) and an offensive dynamo (this season). He gave the GM what he desired.

In short... I don't know, and I don't think anyone else here will be able to comment on what the feeling is in that dressing room. I don't think AV can be faulted for what the Canucks have done this season. I think that he's probably on a shorter leash than some (given expectations but not compared to some like Calgary), but it's hard to fire a coach for taking you to where you finished in the standings (ie overachieve). I think it falls on the coach if you underachieve, and the GM if you severely underachieve. Based on standings the Canucks are about where they should be. And it ain't over yet.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Kesler watches Toews (from 2 feet away) take a pass and shoot with not even a stick on him.
You saw Kesler? Kudos to you because he's been damn near invisible this series. It may not be fair to say, because he's been too busy checking but this is about as snake-bitten as I've ever seen him. If anyone is gripping nhis stick tight, it's him.

The only thing about AV that I can complain about is that he has to share some blame for the team's lack of discipline. The team's lack of discipline is killing them, and not just by taking penalties and part of that has to come from AV's evident inability to rein in his players and make them re-focus. This team should be getting under the Hawks skin, not vice versa. I say either they take out the culprits (cough - cough - O'Brien - cough) this summer or they bring in a coach who can rein them in. In the end, it's the players who have to maintain their discipline but AV has to take a hand here.

I'll take the pacifists of game 2 over the idiots who've been shooting themselves in the foot in games 3 and 4. That said, I'd much rather have the team I've seen sometimes which initiated. Kesler, Burrows, over to you.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.