R1G5 - Canucks host Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Robert
MVP
MVP

Re: R1G5 - Canucks host Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

Post by Robert »

trouble wrote:
I loved that fact that SOB got of hold of Simmonds and gave him a beating.. someone had to do it
I lauphed my ass off listening to simpson go on about how pissed Alain is going to be at Shane as the pan the cam over to Alain and he's got the biggest grin from ear to ear. lol
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'm glad we gave them a beatdown at the end. They'll have a lot to think about on the flight home.

I just hope that we find the killer instinct that has eluded this franchise since it was formed.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

This was the full-spectrum beat-down. Samuelsson and Bernier each pot two (not so much a surprise with Samuelsson, but way to go Bernie!!!), the guys chase both Arseberg and Quickie, and O'Brien and Rypien beat the snot out of Simmonds and Clown.

I don't care too much about O'Brien doing his showboating afterward though, but I can't remember enjoying such glee at seeing another human being in obvious pain as when I saw Clown bent over rushing to the dressing room and screaming for his mommy. The only way I could have been happier in his pain was if he'd been a Talib. Rypper did the proper thing and stared him to the bench.

Not only did they win the crucial game 5, but they made a statement againsta young team with little playoff experience. They killed a 5-on-3 and a couple other penalties besides and didn't look bad doing it.

The Queens might take it 7, but the guys have the series here and they have the confidence going in to do it.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!! :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

For one moment in the game i thought SOB is skating like the biggest pacific grey whale.....

I hope for sunday but if not game 7 is ours....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

good ol fasion ass kicking. with the 7 goals and the 2 domintaing fights at the end, its like we woke up somewhere in the 3rd of game 4 :lol: ....rick rypien is a god....what a beatdown
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

nucklehead_88 wrote:good ol fasion ass kicking. with the 7 goals and the 2 domintaing fights at the end, its like we woke up somewhere in the 3rd of game 4 :lol: ....rick rypien is a god....what a beatdown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtgjzX5KuRU < Rypper's "fight". Clune had no idea what was coming. He should watch more tapes.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
trouble

Post by trouble »

Cornuck wrote:
nucklehead_88 wrote:good ol fasion ass kicking. with the 7 goals and the 2 domintaing fights at the end, its like we woke up somewhere in the 3rd of game 4 :lol: ....rick rypien is a god....what a beatdown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtgjzX5KuRU < Rypper's "fight". Clune had no idea what was coming. He should watch more tapes.
What... Didn't the NHL send out one of their DVD's to warn other players about Rypper :look:
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Toucan are you that desperate That you have to stick up for girls on the chance you may get some cyber sex
That's a pretty desperate retort there, sir. Thank god your team is winning this fight for you.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

the toucan kid wrote:Geez guys, is there a reason to make with nasty, personal and frankly, pretty cheap remarks like that? I mean taunting each others teams/cities can be done without that junk, and she's right, it does make you guys like a little pathetic more than anything. You've plenty of more viable material to use against her that just being mean.

And we're winning, what more do you need?
The dude reaps what she sows, much like Clune & Simmonds.

Anyways, back to more relevant matters, I trust the media and talk-show callers will now get off Bernier's back. I've thought he's had a solid series so far, some games he's been one of our more effective forwards (for the ice time he receives) and really came into his own last game. Solid solid 3rd liner.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Lancer wrote:I don't care too much about O'Brien doing his showboating afterward though, but I can't remember enjoying such glee at seeing another human being in obvious pain as when I saw Clown bent over rushing to the dressing room and screaming for his mommy. The only way I could have been happier in his pain was if he'd been a Talib. Rypper did the proper thing and stared him to the bench.
What, a Taliban??? Odd comment...
I despised Clune but wanted to see Rypien tune him but kinda felt bad for the guy watching his shoulder as he went down the tunnel. I think its the same shoulder he hurt earlier in the series and looked totally dislocated. Losing a fight is one thing but that looked pretty serious. As far as playoff villains go, he's not close to the worst we've faced....Byfuglian was far worse imo.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

The dude reaps what she sows, much like Clune & Simmonds.
Just saying we should set a higher quality of decorum, and frankly, wit than the brief infection of Kings' fans we've just had to endure.

As for Bernier, no denying he's played his best hockey as a Canuck in both of our playoff runs, but he clearly needs extra motivation than just a chance to play because he's a bit much to take over a full season. I would still look to lose him this off-season and give the job to a more hungry player.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Keep in mind Bernier was playing through a groin injury for an extended period this season....eventually he shut it down and got the treatment he needed. He's been a much improved player since returning to action.