R1G4 - Canucks @ Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: R1G4 - Canucks @ Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

Post by Ridleyfan »

Bieksa didn't help, digging at the puck, but Luongo needs to CATCH the shot, not bat it down. I wonder if his catch hand is injured?
The leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Luongo, to me, looks weighed down by his engorged chest protector, and I stand by it.
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Ridleyfan »

the toucan kid wrote:Luongo, to me, looks weighed down by his engorged chest protector, and I stand by it.

Agreed with you then, and even more now. :evil:
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

the toucan kid wrote:Luongo, to me, looks weighed down by his engorged chest protector, and I stand by it.
He looks exactly the same after every goal; on his knees, leaning on his gloves, looking at the ice, looking like a slug.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

looking like a slug.
Agreed, weighed down by his own mass.

Anyway, Demitra did something for once... yay.
trouble

Post by trouble »

The Canucks passes are really off, Plus the kings are getting their stickes in the way..

But whats worse is AV is getting out coach.. He is an average coach with a good team...

Can you imagine if we had a good coach.
trouble

Post by trouble »

Looks like the NHL is back at it with two Phantom calls in the 2nd..

Man i wish we had one person in management that had the balls to stand up against the NHL..
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Can you imagine if we had a good coach
yeah.. Keenan would have pulled Luongo !! He is having a lousy series and hasn't looked great for most of this year.. WTF can AV do? no Johnson.. No Mitchell .. PK is sucking and the main culprit is Luongo.. Not playing like a star goaltender. ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

9/14 for the Kings and that delayed penalty doesn't even count as a pp goal.

It's the most laughable stat i've ever seen for our Canucks, this isn't a playoff team.....so far.

I'm disappointed as hell.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Tiger wrote:
Can you imagine if we had a good coach
yeah.. Keenan would have pulled Luongo !! He is having a lousy series and hasn't looked great for most of this year.. WTF can AV do? no Johnson.. No Mitchell .. PK is sucking and the main culprit is Luongo.. Not playing like a star goaltender. ..
No... he's not.

Then again, he hasn't played like a star goalie for a while, and this team has found ways to win.

We were the second-best offensive team in the regular season, we're 11th among the playoff teams. To think we can just revert to a defensive team and rely on Luongo is silly. We have to find some scoring, and that needs to come from someone other than Ehrhoff.

Quick is seeing too many shots. Nobody is paying the price on the PK (if you can call it a penalty kill). And we want to get rid of Bernier... ya right. Zero big bodies=zero net presence. Henrik Sedin won the Art Ross, and is 67th in playoff scoring. It's not rocket science.
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Ridleyfan »

Luongo can't close his glove hand without pain. I'm POSITIVE.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

We do have a "good" coach, what we don't have is a great team. I hope we all remember this when I have to dissect this season, by the way optimistically, in terms of next year. Not to say we might not yet beat LA.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

This isn't a poorly coached team, this is simply a team with a bad defense. Let's be clear.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

And it "ail"ready is and will be a rollercoaster ride......

Go Canucks Gooooo
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
patriksunstrom
AHL Prospect

Post by patriksunstrom »

Patrik's randoms for todays game - http://patriksunstrom.blogspot.com/

1st period 19:37 – straight in from the BOS/BUF OT game. Lu tested early. The LA fans begin taunting with cries of “Turrrruttuurrrrrroooo”

1st period 17:52 – Baumgartnerr’s first shift. Put him on the Pat Falloon All Stars of hyped World Junior stars that never quite panned out.

1st period 12:40 – a little footage from the warm-ups where the league collected $57K in fines; confirms what Canuck fans thought of Shane “immediate gratification” O’Brien; his mind is not wired to the larger picture. Well, that and he as a piss poor shot.

1st period 10:50 - Canucks on the ice Christian, Pavol, Tanner, Nolan and Jannik. Sounds like the guestlist at Celebrities.

1st period 8:10 – Burrows replaces Bernier on PP2. Vignault must have received my thesis titled, “Coaching – set your lines like it’s a video game”.

1st period 6:26 - another LA PP goal. Definitely starting to sense a theme here.

1st period 1:38 – Canucks passes are so tentative and airborne they look more like soccer crosses

1st period recap: if the Canucks are Snooki, then it was pretty much worst case scenario. Tequila shots (penalties) and desperate dudes (Kings PP) were the demons.

1st period 1:36 - Da Rude Sandstorm plays right before the faceoff. Apprently the Kings Game Presentation staff forgot their “Hockey Songs” CD and instead brought “Strip Club Anthems” instead

2nd period – Kings with a nice cycle, Jim Hughson really enjoying saying “Ahhhn-zaaay Koooo-pit-arrrrrrrr”

2nd period 16:24 - Snooki gets a glass of water and finds new life. 1-1

2nd period 15:11 – Bieksa takes a penalty for pitchforking. Scrum ensues, Dustin Brown gets to find out if O’Brien’s gloves smell.

Sedins on the PK. I like the shakeup. Now all we need is John Namestnikov as our 6th D-man.

2nd period 13:55 – 9th PP goal; words Canucks fans thought they’d never hear – “what we need is Ryan Johnson”. Craig Simpson describes it as “no chance for Luongo”. Really? No screen, snapshot from the top of the circle? Really.

2nd period 12:28 – Luongo has dropped his stick for the 8327th time in the series.

2nd period 11:18 – Scott Oake reports that Rob Scuderi earned the nickname the “SCUD Missile” in his university dorm by not flushing

2nd period 10:42 - delayed penalty; Ehrhoff works a neutral zone give n go with Roberto Turturro

2nd period 7:22 – Jannick Hansen 2 minutes for being interfered with. Interesting call. Release the internet conspiracy hounds!

2nd period 5:22 – Snooki actually refuses a shot of JD.

2nd period 4:25 – Pavol NicetaMeetya. 2-2.

2nd period 3:38 - Dustin Brown gives Burrows a Stone Cold Stunner

2nd period 3:11 - Ahhhn-zaaay Koooo-pit-arrrrrrrr makes it 3-2 in a play where we were going to get penalized for him highsticking himself.

CBC catches a heated exchange between Shane O’Brien and assistant coach Rick Bowness. Apparently peeping LA Kings Ice Crew’s baumgartners doesn’t show good focus.

3rd Period 15:30 – Snooki is tempted to take some sips of her friend’s double vodka redbull. But Knish from Rounders saves the day by flashing his leather.

3rd period 13:36 – great save Turturro! And great call by the white Gus Johnson!

3rd period 12:30 – the Canucks go retro and bring back the always dangerous slap-pass. New game.

3rd period 10:24 – Mikky Sam another solid hit and establishes himself as an early favorite for the Conn Smythe

3rd period 9:37 – what do we have here? Too many man LA? Snooki, turns the tables and starts buying shots for the crew.

3rd period 7:44 – Sami Salo gives Vancouver the lead and does so while wearing Robert Nordmark’s old #6

3rd period 6:42 – Wayne Simmonds ties it up for the Mike Krushelniskys and does so while wearing Bob Corkum’s old #17.

3rd period 4:38 – some dude with the world’s largest melon standing up in front of the camera. Have a seat. PS nice crew cut.

3rd period 3:05 – Doughty with the hockey equivalent of the soccer “toe punt it out of bounds” by just jumping on Samuelsons stick

3rd period 2:52 – kfjsd;kfjds;fkljdskdfjsdlkfjsdlk HANK! HANK! Celebrates like an OT winner. Love it.

3rd period 1:45 – According to Hughie Wellwood “Smeagols away from a check”. No one smeagols better than Wellwood.

3rd period 0:50 – nice work by Danny Russo to kill some time deep in the zone while Cobra Kai gangbang him.

3rd period 0:16 – Kesler ices it. Well done.