GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Kings - 7pm - CBC, VS

Post by Jelly »

Kel wrote:
Jelly wrote:the 2nd goal was all SOB chasing the puck instead of putting his body on Dustin Brown when he had the chance.

it's always SOB.
If you prefer AA over SOB, I am just glad that you're not the coach. Yes, SOB was a little slow on that play but you can't blame him for not putting his body on Dustin Brown. In fact the reason Brown got free to make the pass was because SOB tried to throw a bodycheck on Brown, who avoided the check by a quick move. Generally, you don't throw your body around and risk taking yourself out of position when your team is already one man short.
Kel, if you have it on tape, watch the whole play again, yes SOB went for the hit first, but that was way too far away from the net to even try to hit, so then SOB got beat, and he still tried to fish for the puck when he was beat, when he could have layed Dustin Brown out. or even just hold him on the boards, instead, he made an "effort" to get the puck, and resulted it in the back of our net
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

You see, that's what I love about this site. We just started the playoffs, had a great game 1, we won in OT - but all we can talk about is what a loser our #6 Dman is. :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Ok, u caught me. Here's my secret, I'm actually secretly a SOB fan, but only when he plays like what he should be playing like.

I'd freaking go nuts if SOB ever plays to his capabilities and be a steady #4 D. Because he can, but he isn't willing.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

Jelly wrote: Kel, if you have it on tape, watch the whole play again, yes SOB went for the hit first, but that was way too far away from the net to even try to hit, so then SOB got beat, and he still tried to fish for the puck when he was beat, when he could have layed Dustin Brown out. or even just hold him on the boards, instead, he made an "effort" to get the puck, and resulted it in the back of our net
I watched the replay right before I posted my comment, Jelly. After he got beat trying to check Brown along the boards, Brown quickly passed the puck to Frolov who was behind the goal line in corner. It would be an even worse play for O'Brien to lay Dustin Brown out (putting himself even further out of position to defend) or hold him on the boards (holding penalty possibilities). Generally, you dont' want your penalty killers laying big body checks because your team is one man short and you need to cover the pass and shooting lanes. You can't be obsessed with one player. Once the puck leaves his stick, you don't hold him on the boards creating a 4-on-3 for the rest of the players.
Last edited by Kel on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Jelly wrote:Ok, u caught me. Here's my secret, I'm actually secretly a SOB fan, but only when he plays like what he should be playing like.

I'd freaking go nuts if SOB ever plays to his capabilities and be a steady #4 D. Because he can, but he isn't willing.
Are you his mom? :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
trouble

Post by trouble »

Jelly wrote:Ok, u caught me. Here's my secret, I'm actually secretly a SOB fan, but only when he plays like what he should be playing like.

Come on Jelly.. Even you have to give credit where credit is due.. He's not Bobby Orr and never will be but he is playing better and is playing tough.. I liked the replay of him chatting with Kopitar.. Kopitar and Frolov don't like the rough stuff and will dispear if it happens.. So SOB letting Kopitar know that he is gonna hit him if he gets the chance, and that throws him off his game
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Ok with all this SOB and AA talk, and with SOB's recent benching and rampant rumours of loving the night life too much, there has to be a joke made with the AA somewhere.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I just wanna say about that game...

Thank you free agency;Mike Gillis; and the Detroit Red Wings for not re-signing Mikael Samuelsson!

Booyah!

let's doing it again, tonight :>
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde