VANCOUVER CANUCKS VS LOS ANGELES KINGS ROUND 1

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

HockeyGirl
CC Veteran

Re: VANCOUVER CANUCKS VS LOS ANGELES KINGS ROUND 1

Post by HockeyGirl »

rinkrat wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:Rinkrat...

Did you know that the 6 NHL teams in Canada actually generate more broadcast revenue than about 20 US based teams?

Did you also know that without that revenue that those 6 piddly teams you seem to think that reside north of the 49th parallel are profitable unlike the Nashville Predators, the Phoenix Coyotes, the Tampa Bay Lightning, The Florida Panthers, the Columbus Blue Jackets and even the LA Kings (and so on and so on and so on)?

Just thought I'd share a little hockey knowledge with ya. Did you find out that Jeremy Piven was a hockey fan and decided it was finally cool to be one too?
Uhhh, your rhetoric means zippo without links. Did you know the Kings are favored to win the cup? Sorry honey anyone can say anything, and it isn't worth squat without links.

Nice try, but you lose. But, your Canadian so you're used to that.
I don't care much for this rinkrat clown, but I gotta go with him. If the Canadian teams had so much revenue you'd think they could keep some of the top players instead of having them all come to the US to win Cups. It's a sad fact, but it's a fact.
"Once an idiot conspiracy theorist, always an idiot conspiracy theorist."

Clam Russel
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

If the Canadian teams had so much revenue you'd think they could keep some of the top players instead of having them all come to the US to win Cups
we call that 'Salary Cap'
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

HockeyGirl wrote:I don't care much for this rinkrat clown, but I gotta go with him. If the Canadian teams had so much revenue you'd think they could keep some of the top players instead of having them all come to the US to win Cups. It's a sad fact, but it's a fact.
Do know that the NHL has a salary cap now? Teams can only afford so much. A sad fact, yes. Since the Canucks can only spend so much on players, they spend a lot of things like support staff, trainers, nutritionists - as well as creating one of the best dressing rooms in the NHL.

But whatever you want to believe is fine with us. You'll all be gone soon.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

HockeyGirl wrote: I don't care much for this rinkrat clown, but I gotta go with him. If the Canadian teams had so much revenue you'd think they could keep some of the top players instead of having them all come to the US to win Cups. It's a sad fact, but it's a fact.
In case you're not aware, there is something called the entry draft. Players entering the league are not allowed to choose which team they play for. And there is something called the salary cap. There is also something called the roster size limit.

Basically, stop the Canadian bashing. I know we are all anxious to have the series start, but off-topic trash talking is not encouraged here.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

HockeyGirl wrote:
rinkrat wrote:

Did you know that the 6 NHL teams in Canada actually generate more broadcast revenue than about 20 US based teams?

Did you also know that without that revenue that those 6 piddly teams you seem to think that reside north of the 49th parallel are profitable unlike the Nashville Predators, the Phoenix Coyotes, the Tampa Bay Lightning, The Florida Panthers, the Columbus Blue Jackets and even the LA Kings (and so on and so on and so on)?

Just thought I'd share a little hockey knowledge with ya. Did you find out that Jeremy Piven was a hockey fan and decided it was finally cool to be one too?
Uhhh, your rhetoric means zippo without links. Did you know the Kings are favored to win the cup? Sorry honey anyone can say anything, and it isn't worth squat without links.

I don't care much for this rinkrat clown, but I gotta go with him. If the Canadian teams had so much revenue you'd think they could keep some of the top players instead of having them all come to the US to win Cups. It's a sad fact, but it's a fact.

you mean like that Henrik Sedin guy who lead the league in points this year? his twin that managed 84 points while missing 20 games this year? or that gold medal winning goalie? those 6 players with 25+ goals? youre right, we have nooooooooo top players here. no revenue? Canucks have 300 strait sell outs and some of the highest ticket prices in the league, the season ticket wait is over 5 years long. Teams like Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, and (gag) Toronto, create so much revenue that they keep teams like Atlanta, Florida, Tampa Bay, and Pheonix afloat because they cant even manage 8000 people at their games. and the Kings are favored to win the cup? by who? Kings fans? as far as I know the Capitals, Penguins, and Blackhawks are favored. not the 6th place Kings.
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
HockeyGirl
CC Veteran

Post by HockeyGirl »

Kel wrote:
HockeyGirl wrote: I don't care much for this rinkrat clown, but I gotta go with him. If the Canadian teams had so much revenue you'd think they could keep some of the top players instead of having them all come to the US to win Cups. It's a sad fact, but it's a fact.
In case you're not aware, there is something called the entry draft. Players entering the league are not allowed to choose which team they play for. And there is something called the salary cap. There is also something called the roster size limit.

Basically, stop the Canadian bashing. I know we are all anxious to have the series start, but off-topic trash talking is not encouraged here.
So what's the reason then that the Canadian teams do so poorly?

Clam Russel
HockeyGirl
CC Veteran

Post by HockeyGirl »

nucklehead_88 wrote:
you mean like that Henrik Sedin guy who lead the league in points this year? his twin that managed 84 points while missing 20 games this year? or that gold medal winning goalie? those 6 players with 25+ goals? youre right, we have nooooooooo top players here. no revenue? Canucks have 300 strait sell outs and some of the highest ticket prices in the league, the season ticket wait is over 5 years long. Teams like Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, and (gag) Toronto, create so much revenue that they keep teams like Atlanta, Florida, Tampa Bay, and Pheonix afloat because they cant even manage 8000 people at their games. and the Kings are favored to win the cup? by who? Kings fans? as far as I know the Capitals, Penguins, and Blackhawks are favored. not the 6th place Kings.
When did this group of superstars win a Cup? Congrats though on finishing 2 points ahead of the Kings.

Clam Russel
rinkrat
CC Veteran

Post by rinkrat »

Madcombinepilot wrote:lose...

kinda like the Olympic gold medal game?!?

oh wait...

play nice, or we'll have to burn down the Whitehouse (again...)
I love how your one shining moment in history happened over 200 years ago. It is so damn funny to hear Canucks harken back centuries in time. Well Madcomb the Romans once ruled the earth. LOL makes as much sense...
"I just don't know why they're shooting at us. All we want to do is bring them democracy and white bread. Transplant the American dream. Freedom. Achievement. Hyperacidity. Affluence. Flatulence. Technology. Tension." Hawkeye Pierce.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

HockeyGirl wrote:
nucklehead_88 wrote:
When did this group of superstars win a Cup? Congrats though on finishing 2 points ahead of the Kings.
Why do some of the Canadain teams do so poorly(btw we've won the division, with over 100 points, 3 of the last 4 years)? Because they have dummys like Burke(Toronto) and Sutter(Calgary) running them. When did they win a cup? They haven't yet. Congrats on making the playoffs for the first time in 8 years. I see all your superstars have tons of cup experience. You can't really trash talk when you're team is worse off than the insults you're throwing our way.

Jim Robson
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

your right..

we should be talking about some of the great American wins..

- The crash of 2008
- 'Dubya's "florida recount"
- Search for WDM's
- heck we could even add in Vietnam.

OR, we could keep the talk around here civilized, polite, and hockey based.

your call.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Madcombinepilot wrote:your right..

- The crash of 2008
- Search for WDM's

your call.
THANK YOU! I hate myself for helping fuel this fire of crazyness

Jim Robson
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

rinkrat wrote:

Actually I was born in the US in the mid-west...but I digress...

Who won the Olympic Gold again? Oh yeah...THAT country.

Did you know that most of your GOOD players like Drew Doughty is Canadian?

Quit playing border wars here...this is about HOCKEY.
Last edited by LotusBlossom on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
rinkrat
CC Veteran

Post by rinkrat »

Madcombinepilot wrote:your right..

- The crash of 2008
- Search for WDM's

your call.
You forgot the most important one little brother: Canada would be a Chinese colony if not for America. Yeah anytime you want to quit bashing let me know.
"I just don't know why they're shooting at us. All we want to do is bring them democracy and white bread. Transplant the American dream. Freedom. Achievement. Hyperacidity. Affluence. Flatulence. Technology. Tension." Hawkeye Pierce.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Canada would be a Chinese colony if not for America
not sure of the logic on that one... meh

is your real name Anne Coulter?!?
rinkrat
CC Veteran

Post by rinkrat »

LotusBlossom wrote:
rinkrat wrote:

Actually I was born in the US in the mid-west...but I digress...

Who won the Olympic Gold again? Oh yeah...THAT country.

Did you know that most of your GOOD players like Drew Doughty is Canadian?

Quit playing border wars here...this is about HOCKEY.
Thanks for proving you made up those facts. No linkee, No believee... I swear the Kings are 2:1 to win the cup.