VANCOUVER CANUCKS VS LOS ANGELES KINGS ROUND 1

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Killer

Re: VANCOUVER CANUCKS VS LOS ANGELES KINGS ROUND 1

Post by Killer »

Cornuck wrote:I've been calling them the Queens since Marcel Dionne flipped me off back in the 82 playoffs. It's tradition. :D
You shouldn't have been standing there.
HockeyGirl
CC Veteran

Post by HockeyGirl »

Cornuck wrote:I've been calling them the Queens since Marcel Dionne flipped me off back in the 82 playoffs. It's tradition. :D
It's not that clever.
"Once an idiot conspiracy theorist, always an idiot conspiracy theorist."

Clam Russel
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

HockeyGirl wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

6? try 12! and I'm smarta than you! My Momma told me to stay away from men like your kind

Happy Earthquake day Ellery Queen! The Canucks gonna rock your world!

Canna take a little playoff rubbing? Geesh wotta wimp, hope your team is a wee bit tougher
Wow, is this the way you guys "bring it"? Cause that's some weak stuff. I might have Jase sign up, then the beat down will begin.
That's when we bring in Blob McKenzie. He's the resident intolerant.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
rinkrat
CC Veteran

Post by rinkrat »

Nice a french canadian who has done more for Canada than any other hockey player. You must be a hoot, to get the nicest guy in hockey to flip you off. Were you deported to the states?
"I just don't know why they're shooting at us. All we want to do is bring them democracy and white bread. Transplant the American dream. Freedom. Achievement. Hyperacidity. Affluence. Flatulence. Technology. Tension." Hawkeye Pierce.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

so smogcity is tryin to start stuff eh? pretty big talk for a team that hasnt seen the playoffs since 2002 and actually has a longer cup drought than we do. Careful queens fans. :scowl:
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
rinkrat
CC Veteran

Post by rinkrat »

nucklehead_88 wrote:so smogcity is tryin to start stuff eh? pretty big talk for a team that hasnt seen the playoffs since 2002 and actually has a longer cup drought than we do. Careful queens fans. :scowl:
Speaking of long droughts, it's been 20 years since a Canadian team won the cup. Kinda funny that hockey is your national pastime, and the American teams own you. Oh btw hockey's not even in our top 3 of sports. Speaks volumes about Canada.
"I just don't know why they're shooting at us. All we want to do is bring them democracy and white bread. Transplant the American dream. Freedom. Achievement. Hyperacidity. Affluence. Flatulence. Technology. Tension." Hawkeye Pierce.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

rinkrat wrote:
nucklehead_88 wrote:so smogcity is tryin to start stuff eh? pretty big talk for a team that hasnt seen the playoffs since 2002 and actually has a longer cup drought than we do. Careful queens fans. :scowl:
Speaking of long droughts, it's been 20 years since a Canadian team won the cup. Kinda funny that hockey is your national pastime, and the American teams own you. Oh btw hockey's not even in our top 3 of sports. Speaks volumes about Canada.
on all those "American" teams that won all those cups, count how many players on each team were Canadian players. I bet my left nut that each team was close to, if not, half Canadian born. Believe me, it's still our sport. Just ask the American olympic team.

P.s. that last cup that was won by a Canadian was won by Montreal.....who'd they beat? oh thats right....the Queens :wow:

Jim Robson
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

rinkrat wrote:
Look at the MVPs and Cup winning team captains of all those years.. (Montreal won the cup in 93, so it has not been 20 years yet)

1993–94 Leetch, Brian / Messier, Mark
1994–95 Lemieux, Claude / Stevens, Scott
1995–96 Sakic, Joe / Sakic, Joe
1996–97 Vernon, Mike / Yzerman, Steve
1997–98 Yzerman, Steve / Yzerman, Steve
1998–99 Nieuwendyk, Joe / Hatcher, Derian
1999–00 Stevens, Scott / Stevens, Scott
2000–01 Roy, Patrick / Sakic, Joe
2001–02 Lidstrom, Nicklas / Yzerman, Steve
2002–03 Giguere, Jean-Sebastien / Stevens, Scott
2003–04 Richards, Brad / Andreychuk, Dave
2005–06 Ward, Cam / Brind'Amour Rod
2006–07 Niedermayer, Scott / Niedermayer, Scott
2007–08 Zetterberg, Henrik / Lidstrom, Nikolas
2008–09 Malkin, Evgeni / Crosby, Sydney.

Out of the 30 names above, 24 of them speak volumes about Canada. And US has almost 10 times the population of Canada.
BreknNeksCashnCheks
CC Rookie

Post by BreknNeksCashnCheks »

HockeyGirl wrote:
Cornuck wrote:As a mod, I'll say keep it clean, don't be a dick and stick around - it could be a long series...

We like to have a good conversation here, and as a Kings fan, you'll need to expect some trash talk. But if it gets out of hand, people will be warned, then booted.

Hey, "the Kings are Queens" in your signature? That's sort of homophobic, eh?

nuthin wrong with a little bit of the gay stuff, eh?
rinkrat
CC Veteran

Post by rinkrat »

nucklehead_88 wrote:
rinkrat wrote:
on all those "American" teams that won all those cups, count how many players on each team were Canadian players. I bet my left nut that each team was close to, if not, half Canadian born. Believe me, it's still our sport. Just ask the American olympic team.

P.s. that last cup that was won by a Canadian was won by Montreal.....who'd they beat? oh thats right....the Queens :wow:
To bad Canada is so unsupportive of it's national pastime, it can't keep it's own players and teams. btw how many Canadian NFL and NBA players are there? Oh one! Turkey and Serbia have more. Real sports hotbed that Canada is, yes-sir-ee.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Let's get back on track to the hockey - if you want discuss international relations, go to the Bar & Grill.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

rinkrat wrote: To bad Canada is so unsupportive of it's national pastime, it can't keep it's own players and teams. btw how many Canadian NFL and NBA players are there? Oh one! Turkey and Serbia have more. Real sports hotbed that Canada is, yes-sir-ee.
Unsupportive? seriously? Clearly you don't know all the facts about hockey in Canada. Where should I start? not keeping the game in Canada: We have, the(for pro) NHL, AHL, and (for Major Junior) WHL, ECHL, BCHL, (and college) the CIS. and thats just in Vancouver area/Vancouver Island. Not to mention all of B.C. which is a huge for Major Junior hockey. The World Junior Hockey Championships are the second highest watched yearly tournament in Canada behind the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Canadian Hockey League is the biggest Major Junior league in any sport in the world and has produced some of the top players in the world including Sidney Crosby, Steven Stamkos, and Jerome Iginla. If you really think we're unsupportive of our national pastime, youre higher than a kite. How many Canadian NBA and NFL players do we have? Well, theyre all busy playing that national past time you say we don't support. Learn your facts before you start insulting people. I'm done with this nonsense. Fact is, Canucks are going to win.

p.s. that drew doughty you love so much.....Canadian
Last edited by nucklehead_88 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Robson
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Rinkrat...

Did you know that the 6 NHL teams in Canada actually generate more broadcast revenue than about 20 US based teams?

Did you also know that without that revenue that those 6 piddly teams you seem to think that reside north of the 49th parallel are profitable unlike the Nashville Predators, the Phoenix Coyotes, the Tampa Bay Lightning, The Florida Panthers, the Columbus Blue Jackets and even the LA Kings (and so on and so on and so on)?

Just thought I'd share a little hockey knowledge with ya. Did you find out that Jeremy Piven was a hockey fan and decided it was finally cool to be one too?
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
rinkrat
CC Veteran

Post by rinkrat »

LotusBlossom wrote:Rinkrat...

Did you know that the 6 NHL teams in Canada actually generate more broadcast revenue than about 20 US based teams?

Did you also know that without that revenue that those 6 piddly teams you seem to think that reside north of the 49th parallel are profitable unlike the Nashville Predators, the Phoenix Coyotes, the Tampa Bay Lightning, The Florida Panthers, the Columbus Blue Jackets and even the LA Kings (and so on and so on and so on)?

Just thought I'd share a little hockey knowledge with ya. Did you find out that Jeremy Piven was a hockey fan and decided it was finally cool to be one too?
Uhhh, your rhetoric means zippo without links. Did you know the Kings are favored to win the cup? Sorry honey anyone can say anything, and it isn't worth squat without links.

Nice try, but you lose. But, your Canadian so you're used to that.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

lose...

kinda like the Olympic gold medal game?!?

oh wait...

play nice, or we'll have to burn down the Whitehouse (again...)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.