GDT: Canucks host Lames - 7pm - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

trouble

Re: GDT: Canucks host Lames - 7pm - CBC

Post by trouble »

Wow that was an amazing goal by Daniel and the tip by Henrik.. Magic..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me3GPkF7m5s
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

toucan, your TV must be upside down, give it a flip.

Daniel's prorated point total is 110.6 points. good for 2nd in the league.

Henrik sure doesn't bring people out of their seats like Pavel Bure did, but there is nothing better then watching the Sedins do their magic.

Other then the 2 on 1, the other two Daniel goals were just jaw dropping. We see that stretch pass all the time, but Daniel usually holds up and waits for help. And have we ever seen Daniel attempt a move like that on his hat-trick goal? That was such a perfect execution it probably will be a staple on their highlight reel for many years.

And Bieksa's expression after his second goal says it all about this team. It's a TEAM, even when they try and help one person achieve a personal stat.

oh and isn't this such a great revenge game for what they did to us two years ago?
Schedule maker has done a decent job this year, Flames-Canucks opener and closer, Modano getting one last game in Minnesota.
Philly and Rangers back to back fitted in very well, and oh look Devils VS Sabres for 2nd spot in the East.
If it weren't for Detroit's injury troubles, tomorrow's game could have been a show down for Central's top spot as well.

It could be something new in the schedule making, a long time vet playing in what probably is his last season? Let's give him a good place to play. This kind of things help build hype and fan base, let's hope it helps into getting a better TV deal, and maybe get back on ESPN.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Were those guys in the white jerseys really NHL players?? Wow the Sedins made them look like fools. Hank getting 4 points may have screwed me in my pool, but I'll take the loss if it means he gets the Art. On the same topic, why hasn't he received more mention about getting the Hart? He's been as valuable as anyone else in the league.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Linden Is God wrote:Were those guys in the white jerseys really NHL players?? Wow the Sedins made them look like fools. Hank getting 4 points may have screwed me in my pool, but I'll take the loss if it means he gets the Art. On the same topic, why hasn't he received more mention about getting the Hart? He's been as valuable as anyone else in the league.
Because Henrik Sedin plays in the west.

Eastern Media Bias, and unwilling to stay up to watch games.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I'm still feeling like it all was a dream. Holy shit. SEDIN MAGIC. That 3rd goal arguably could be the goal of the decade.

112 where's the fire, thank you Pavel !!!! 8-)

The Rocket for Ovechkin and the Hart (Heart) for Henrik !!!!!!
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
trouble

Post by trouble »

Matt Cooke getting knocked out Saturday night.. Gotta love it. Great Pic

The fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9Sp-WndwA
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

toucan, your TV must be upside down, give it a flip.
Not sure what you're referring to... the "awkward" thing was about Lou not the Twins, in response to Cornuck.
And have we ever seen Daniel attempt a move like that on his hat-trick goal?
I actually do seem to recall him trying, if not succeeding with that before.
It's a TEAM, even when they try and help one person achieve a personal stat.
I tend to stand up for this group's chemistry, so I don't disagree.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

trouble wrote:Wow that was an amazing goal by Daniel and the tip by Henrik.. Magic..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me3GPkF7m5s
Yeah, that was sick

I'm still kinda in a state of shock, they make the unbelievable look soooo easy...

We are ungrateful Canuck fans...we had Bure and his magic, we had the WCE and their dominance and now we have the wonder twins...do we know how lucky we have been as a team with these players? (not to forget Linden and Mogilny)

Give thanks to the Hockey Gods™ my fellow Canuckleheads, some teams can only dream of talent we have experienced in the last 20 years...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Cookie La Rue wrote:I'm still feeling like it all was a dream. Holy shit. SEDIN MAGIC. That 3rd goal arguably could be the goal of the decade.
Not to take anything away from the goal, but I've seen it done quite a few times. Mario Lemieux was the first to pull it off in a game, against the Canucks no less. What I find made that goal so amazing (and truly is amazing) was the pass by Henrik. Simple tip play, but for the puck to find itself directly on Daniel's stick was just amazing. My buddies, who are either leaves of Habs fans, were just blown away last night.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

i liked how the Canucks fans in GM place TRIED to chant NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOOD BYE..

but got cut off by the Sedins scoring..

damn Sedins are too modest, they stop the fans from gloating by scoring.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Jelly wrote:i liked how the Canucks fans in GM place TRIED to chant NA NA NA NA HEY HEY HEY GOOD BYE..

but got cut off by the Sedins scoring..

damn Sedins are too modest, they stop the fans from gloating by scoring.

lol i heard that. it was so good to hear the MVP chant in our own building for the first time in a looooooooong time. words cant even express how i feel right now about last night and the twins in general....just.....wow
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

ClamRussel wrote:Well here's to Luongo reaching 40 and Henrik getting enough multiple points!
I would say mission accomplished.

Now the playoffs!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

lol i heard that. it was so good to hear the MVP chant in our own building for the first time in a looooooooong time.
what, three years?
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

who was 3 years ago? naslund? that was more like 6....i dont remember if they did for luongo
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

i dont remember if they did for luongo
Yeah I remember them for Lou, especially during his shutout streaks. Hey, it's a great sound to hear either way.