Canucks @ San Jose - 7:30 - Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: Canucks @ San Jose - 7:30 - Snet

Post by ClamRussel »

the toucan kid wrote:Clam, with all due respect, if Luongo has no mojo then what are we arguing about all this time? This is a complete junk organization if Luongo is shit, so if that's the premise, we might as well rip the thing down. However, we have money locked in the Twins and Lou, so it's live and die by them. We're never reasonably going to have a 1a/1b model with our salary structure.
Well its not like I believe that or anything...but it is a remote possibility...this is Vancouver after all. What? You actually thought a goaltender could survive this cursed place?!?
All kidding aside...if we did hypothetically blow things up well, all the more reason to keep CS right? I mean we are going to need a young goalie aren't we?

Disclaimer: I never said Luongo had lost his mojo in the first place, it was purely hypothetical.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

the toucan kid wrote:Looks like Bieksa is in some fisticuffs etc. at the end of the game... yeehaw
Yes he's graduated from glaring to wrestling.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

the toucan kid wrote:Clam, with all due respect, if Luongo has no mojo then what are we arguing about all this time? This is a complete junk organization if Luongo is shit, so if that's the premise, we might as well rip the thing down. However, we have money locked in the Twins and Lou, so it's live and die by them. We're never reasonably going to have a 1a/1b model with our salary structure.
What? lol

Lou has been junk all year and this team is maybe the most successful ever. Well tied for wins and second in scoring. Lou was never needed for that record, he just came along for the ride. Whether Lou shits the bed in the playoffs or not Schneider is here for backup and experience next year.

I'm surprised people are thinking that last nights performance is what we get in the playoffs.. we've been playing for nothing for how long now? There is no way this or any team that has it's position sewn up gets going till the playoffs start. We just need some back end bodies back is all. Anybody hear what happened to Shane?
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Isn't he at Roxy's ? :lol:

But kidding aside, all this some kind of thrashing is worthless right now. Wait for it like the Flamers did after everything is done and said. I have a strong feeling all injuries beside that something's going on this playoffs, but please let them start first....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

trouble wrote:... Am i the only who see's what a Turd AV is ???? Once again the Canucks were getting screwed By the ref earlier and AV stood there with that stupid grin while Bowness was going nuts on the ref. Isn't that AV's job?????
I suspect this is deliberate. Players expect their coach(es) to stand up for the team, but they don't particularly respect coaches that lose their composure on the bench. I wouldn't be surprised if AV's smile is there to keep a lid on the fact that what he'd really like to do is rip apart the ref.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Lou has been junk all year and this team is maybe the most successful ever. Well tied for wins and second in scoring. Lou was never needed for that record, he just came along for the ride. Whether Lou shits the bed in the playoffs or not Schneider is here for backup and experience next year.
Not really, we've won the division and gone nowhere in the playoffs a number of times over the last decade.

I gather that Schneider is going to be the backup unless he's moved, but if we're talking 1a/1b then we're truly screwed because we've tied our star for a very long time to a premise that doesn't actually exist. Now, Luongo will probably bounce back, so we're just grumbling at the moment to kill time, anyway.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Robert wrote:Lou has been junk all year and this team is maybe the most successful ever. Well tied for wins and second in scoring. Lou was never needed for that record, he just came along for the ride. Whether Lou shits the bed in the playoffs or not Schneider is here for backup and experience next year.
I'm being serious here, Luongo has been far worse this year than Cloutier was overall as a Canucks goalie. Cloutier was rock solid in the regular season and at times spectacular....in fact I remember one save against the Flames that may be one of top 100 saves of ALL-TIME in the NHL....it was insane, wide open net and he dove backwards and knocked it away w/ his paddle right on the line. Crazy. Cloutier's problem was obviously mental breakdowns beginning w/ the Lidstrom goal and continuing w/ the 3 straight losses against the Wild. His game 7 in that series was comparable to Luongo's game 6 against the Hawks last year. Obviously began to become severely injury prone from there on and fortunately forced Nonis' hand to make a deal. Now I'm not saying Cloutier was as good as Luongo, far from it. I am saying in the majority of his regular seasons as a Canuck, all those 30+ win seasons, he was indeed far superior to Luongo's performance in this regular season. If Luongo cranks it up a notch and delivers a solid playoffs ask me if I give a shit abo the 82 game schedule.

All that matters is the post season from now on in and Luongo & his teammates have a fresh slate from which to start from.
the toucan kid wrote:I gather that Schneider is going to be the backup unless he's moved, but if we're talking 1a/1b then we're truly screwed because we've tied our star for a very long time to a premise that doesn't actually exist. Now, Luongo will probably bounce back, so we're just grumbling at the moment to kill time, anyway.
Just imagine how the Islanders must feel.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Just imagine how the Islanders must feel.
... and no one wants to feel like the Islanders.